2012 Teal Season

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Might have just found what I've been looking for.

Pivothead
    1080p HD POV Camera Glasses
    http://pivothead.com/technology/

The specs are better than the IKAM.

Most notably the Pivothead has an 8MB camera that can take video or pictures
    The IKAM is only a 3MB.

Also the
    •Recording Speed:
    IKAM = 25 fps
    Pivothead = 1080p@30fps - 720p@60fps - 720p@30fps

hmm stay tuned ...

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Good find! I am thinking black Recon' :D I couldn't figure out if you can control the cam from your phone with the air pivothead thing, that would be sweet. Just being able to see how the videos are turning out would be nice too.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Just pointing out that it is 8 GB. I was wondering how much use you would actually get out of 8 MB. You can also get prescription lenses put in them. At $350 these might have more of an everyday application than sporting...

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I looked at them quite a lot over that past week and I don't think I going to go with the pivot heads. It seems like it is hard to get the action in the frame when aiming down the gun, you get only a little bit of what you are shooting at and mostly gun :dunno:

Watching this guys videos has pretty much sold me on the HD Hero 2 by go pro. The footage is great and the camera is better quality overall including the ability to film in the rain. Plus it is much cheaper. I am getting the camera with the outdoor package, a few extra mounts, a car charger, 2 extra batteries, a 32 gb sd card and the wireless system for the camera for ~$430

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Good price. Still too bad you can't zoom any of them. The camera I have is selling for about $120-130 now, with a couple mounts, no card and non interchangeable batteries

Post back here if any of you find a good PC based video editor. I haven't figured out lightworks yet and I'm not crazy about the windows one

Top Bottom