2013 Panic Finds (Post Gun, Mag, Ammo and Parts Finds Here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    well wanted to take a picture of it but Academy policy said i couldn't take a picture, Academy in Lafayette Southside had more ar15's and ar15-22's then i cared to count, some with just the carbine hand rails, some with quad rails and also in black pink and one in tan :)...not many people purchasing guns these days, also they had a couple of HK mini 22lr's, as far as ammo, they had 7.62x39mm and plenty of 308 ammo.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I was at Cabela's a few hours ago and they had more ammo stocked on the shelf than I have seen in months. No 9mm, 223, or .22 but stacked pretty deep on just about everything else. I grabbed a couple boxes of Independence 5.56 for $11.99. Bayou Pawn in Hammond has some ammo as well in a few various calibers. Picked up new FDE 19 from there today.

dominion99

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Pierre Part
    I went to cabelas about 430 today. I bought to fde aluminum 30 round magazines. There are tons of aluminum mags there. I was surprised at how much ammo was on the shelf also. Alot of 5.56. I saw several people eyeballing ammo but out of the 4 or 5 people standing there I was the only one to pick up a few boxes. I don't know if the $11.99/box is too steep or have people satisfied the home stockpiles sufficiently. I already have plenty of 5.56 ( but never can have too much). Even harder to find is 300blk.....

berger77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    St francisville, la
    Tell me about it. The only place that I have seen 300 blackout was at Bowies on Perkins. They have a 1 box per caliber limit, with no limit on total. It was a few weeks ago when I bought it, so no promises if they still have any.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Cabelas has powder.
    10- 1lb jugs of VARGET!
    ta2a4yru.jpg

Last edited:

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    As of 630 at the ville platte walmart there was 4 ar 15 for sale i bushmaster,dpms,colt with magpul furniture in fde and another one not sure of make also 60 gr winchester pdx and alot of ppu 55 grain fmj for 7.97 a box

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    By the way, cabelas limit of one box of bulk ammo only applies to 22lr. The sign above the ammo shelving says that the limit for all centerfire handgun and rifle is 5 boxes in aggregate.

ShamanShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Found a pretty good stock of .223 at the Wally World on College Drive in Baton Rouge. Of course they have the bs "3 box limit" but they have more .223 than I have seen in any one place in some time.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Cabelas has a good bit of 22 bricks and 5.56 the 9mm 100 count was going quick. They had pretty much any caliber you might be looking for.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    What U?

Cabelas has a good bit of 22 bricks and 5.56 the 9mm 100 count was going quick. They had pretty much any caliber you might be looking for.

Hummmmm Very Intresting the Big C has had more ammo available...ie 22 then the Big WW

Goes to show something doesn't figure eh? Just wondering Walmark shoppers are you being hoodwinked? Just wondering:}

Hard to believe the big C has more buying power than the Big WW lol

5i2ll1kkypfcwrt8uszn.jpg

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:29:04 AM by Perdogg

Walmart is starting to look like a Soviet-era retailer. The prices are still low, but shelves are going empty for months while products sit unwrapped in storage, lines are interminable, and no one is around to help.

Bloomberg reports that in-store service problems for the world’s third-largest corporation are so bad that people are willing to pony up the extra cash to shop at stores like Target and Walgreens. Walmart’s problem, says MIT retail researcher Zeynep Ton, is a shortage of cheap labor:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    If you were able to find out numbers from both Wal-Mart and Cabela's, I wouldn't be surprised if they both received about the same amount of ammo. Consider that Wal-Mart has probably 20 times the amount of locations than Cabela's. If nationwide they both receive a truckload of ammo, that's less per location for Wal-Mart. Simple math. But then again, math was never my strongest subject.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    If you were able to find out numbers from both Wal-Mart and Cabela's, I wouldn't be surprised if they both received about the same amount of ammo. Consider that Wal-Mart has probably 20 times the amount of locations than Cabela's. If nationwide they both receive a truckload of ammo, that's less per location for Wal-Mart. Simple math. But then again, math was never my strongest subject.

Cool I like that example so.....................I say go to the Big C and avid the disappointment:}

I saw where /heard they had a lot of variety of ammo in the past couple of days...The Big C that is!
    I like DAT me!

Now if B Pro could ever get their sh*t together and get ammo that would be heavenly!:}

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    It would have to be worth the trip for me to go to Cabela's. Not gonna drive almost 200 miles round trip for just a couple of boxes of ammo. It's easier and cheaper for me to grab them online and have it shipped to my house. A backorder should be reaching me Monday. I've been spotting a good bit of .22lr online this past week, just waiting for the right price to order some more. Patience is a virtue.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom