22 LR Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    I like the Mk I & IIs. Had a MKIII 22/45 and just got rid of it. Was very picky about ammo and just kind of uninteresting. Next one I get will be the Ruger Hunter model.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    BrowningBuckmarkCamper.jpg

Browning Buckmars Camper in stainless, with custom grips. Love this pistol!

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Tx, I have a Buckmark and a Ruger Mark III, both are great shooters. They both with ftf with the wrong ammo.
    If you want a go bang every time, super accurate and a sweet trigger, get the Ruger Single Six. A S&W 17 would be
    my second choice.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Ruger mark 1 my dad bought in the 50's. Nearly 60 years later it's still eating everything in sight. Today, I would look for a mark II. I don't really care for the mark III's.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    My wife has the mark III and I the buckmark hunter they are both fine guns you are better off putting in trigger time with a few different ones before making up your mind but the hard part will be finding ammo for them at the moment.

acman1997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    my brother has a p22 and has nothing but problems. Also read this alot so i agree with the other guys about staying away from the walther. I am also in the market for a 22 pistol for my son to shoot at the range. He's smaller so after research i ordered a ruger sr22. Any of you guys have any personal experience with the sr22 let me know. I just did alot of research and thats what i picked. the m and p 22 seems to have good reviews also but is full frame size so i went with the ruger for my son. will also be ordering a buckmark or mark 3 for myself soon.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    my brother has a p22 and has nothing but problems. Also read this alot so i agree with the other guys about staying away from the walther. I am also in the market for a 22 pistol for my son to shoot at the range. He's smaller so after research i ordered a ruger sr22. Any of you guys have any personal experience with the sr22 let me know. I just did alot of research and thats what i picked. the m and p 22 seems to have good reviews also but is full frame size so i went with the ruger for my son. will also be ordering a buckmark or mark 3 for myself soon.

I've had a SR22 for about 6 months now, it ran fine right out of the box, no problems with Federal or Winchester 525 value packs

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Was at the academy on siegan earlier, they had a m&p 22, think it was $379.Also had a couple of really nice looking 1911 .22s for 400, believe they were sig. Anyone know anything about these? 1 of them was just plain gorgeous!

Mr. Rey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Prairieville, La.
    I went to the range and shot the Ruger SR 22 was very good shooting gun. No problems after 400 rounds with Remington's Thunderbolt ammo. Was very pleased. I thank all for the info and God Bless.

acman1997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks Danny! hope the family likes the new addition. cant wait to get it and run some rounds through it with the kiddos!!!

Top Bottom