22LR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I think 22 trainer makes sense, especially if your are new to handguns. Trigger time is trigger time and perfecting the fundamentals is the first step in being a good shooter.

With that said I'm sure many here will disagree with that.

Hell I wouldn't by a long shot it helped me a good bit. Even airsoft is a great way to practice if you spend the money on the more expensive ones they work in a very similar fashion granted the knowledge I have from that is strictly internet which is worthless for the most part if I were to purchase a scar or m4 I would run a clone airsoft like Travis Haley does. I don't think they have a nice pistol type but if someone hasn't come out with one yet its probably in the works. The 22 cal is great though too if you can get out to the range but I was thinking more along the lines of practicing at home then going to the range for live fire.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    A .22 is great for pumping hundreds of round downrange and getting used to pulling a trigger. It helped me tremendously while learning to shoot.

My issue with airsoft is that there's no noise, no recoil, and the triggers don't have a pronounced break.

That said, my four year old practices with an HK P30 airsoft with a laser on the accessory rail. He is getting pretty good at holding the dot steady while shooting.

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    Believe it or not the Sig Mosquito is a good little plinker. I have put well over 500 through it. There is a Trick though. You have to run CCI mini mags through it for about 300 rounds. IF not every other round will jam, FTE, feed, you name it.
    After the cci mini mags mine likes the Thunderbolt cheap ammo.

I mean for $299 brand new its pretty good. Of course you get what you pay for in most cases though

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    A ruger mark III or II will last forever and won't lose value past what you pay for a slightly used one. Ruger all the way, My mother on the other hand would disagree and say her walther p-22 was the way to go, but I haven't shot it much.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Can't BUCK a Browning Buckmark

+2 On the Browning Buckmark. It will shoot the most expensive to the least expensive ammo interchangable with no problem; at least mine does. Long live the .99 per box Wildcat ammo my gun eats them like I eat reeses pieces:}

djcw35z78kkjiksrybsk.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I own a Ruger Standard and love to shoot it. I had a Mk1 target model with a longer barrel and likewise loved to shoot it. (Lost it in Katrina). BUT they are a little hard to disassemble. That being said you can't go wrong with a Ruger. BUT my son in law bought a Browning Buckmark and it is a great gun. Easier to clean and I love the sights. The SR22 looks good if you're looking for a plinker but if you want the challange of a paper target in the shooting range at 25 yards I'd go with the Browning. Now about those new Ruger revolvers ...

Top Bottom