4 year old killed by pit bull in Houma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Bogalusa
    Its very sad and my prayers go to the family,im just wanderin why in the hell they would keep a big ass dog like that in an apartment anyway,you would think a dog that size needs to be outside with lots of space.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Mean little bastards. At least if my little dog bites me he won't cause life threatening injuries.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

All Bruiser is worried about is where are his treats, and when is the baby getting home.

He really doesn't care about anything else.

JR1572

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Funny.

Two pits ripped a little dog up and sent it to the emergency vet today. I'm sure they are nice dogs, just a victim of how they were raised. :rolleyes:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Its very sad and my prayers go to the family,im just wanderin why in the hell they would keep a big ass dog like that in an apartment anyway,you would think a dog that size needs to be outside with lots of space.

I think keeping dogs pinned up all day or on a chain all the time should be against the law. My dogs love to run in the woods and I couldn't imagine keeping them in a kennel all the time.

HAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Bogalusa
    I think keeping dogs pinned up all day or on a chain all the time should be against the law. My dogs love to run in the woods and I couldn't imagine keeping them in a kennel all the time.

I agree 110%

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Same here. Even if there's a .0001% chance of even a perceived risk to my kids I'm not doing it. And that is indeed the case with certain breeds. Doesn't mean I think they should be banned or unjustly vilified, just that I'm terribly overprotective. :D

This is what the wife wants people to see when people come to the house.

Two of them too.

doberman_pinscher_0001.jpg

But man, those bitches scare me LOL
    Had one bite me in the mouth in High School.
    They're temperament is so hard to tell by looking at them.

But man they put off a 'Don't come near this House' presence.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Funny.

Two pits ripped a little dog up and sent it to the emergency vet today. I'm sure they are nice dogs, just a victim of how they were raised. :rolleyes:

My german shorthair threw the neighbors yorkie up in the air because it was running across my yard barking at me. If I wouldn't have called him back as I saw it he would killed the dog.... Yet hunts with other dogs and plays with those that don't growl and snap at him. He walked around the sportsman show with me all day Sunday and hundreds of kids had pet him and many asses of dogs were sniffed with no problem.
    Did the little dog snap, growl or bark at them? Was anyone there to call them off?
    Seems like cop stories I've read on here. Need more information/more to the story. Hasty judgment isn't good judgment :)

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

Two of them too.

I've got a mini one. Just get a pair!! She is a ball of energy and fun lol I didn't get her ears cropped though. Don't care for that.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395972575.967599.jpg

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    My german shorthair threw the neighbors yorkie up in the air because it was running across my yard barking at me. If I wouldn't have called him back as I saw it he would killed the dog.... Yet hunts with other dogs and plays with those that don't growl and snap at him. He walked around the sportsman show with me all day Sunday and hundreds of kids had pet him and many asses of dogs were sniffed with no problem.
    Did the little dog snap, growl or bark at them? Was anyone there to call them off?
    Seems like cop stories I've read on here. Need more information/more to the story. Hasty judgment isn't good judgment :)

I wasn't there. I read it off the call log. It's not a cop story and this isn't the first dealings with this set of pit bulls. They are also raised as house pets in an affluent neighborhood, not raised for fighting or aggression in the 'hood.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I wasn't there. I read it off the call log. It's not a cop story and this isn't the first dealings with this set of pit bulls. They are also raised as house pets in an affluent neighborhood, not raised for fighting or aggression in the 'hood.

Well there we go. Im sure it was well documented. I know it's not a cop story lol I was comparing it to them where info was missing from the initial story.
    Maybe they weren't socialized properly with other dogs. It is instinctual of most larger dog breeds to hunt and kill things. Same reason some little dogs just yap and yap and snap at people that come over to their homes. They weren't socialized properly.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell

Two of them too.

Dobermans are as good as it gets! I will never own another breed!
    Here is my 13 year old red/rust Jack

More loyal breed you will never find

yaonttwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Metairie
    How about a FACT (2012): 80%+/- of ALL police contacted cases in the U.S. regarding dog attacks are reported to be full or part "Pit Bull". Considering that they only make up 6%+ of the dog population, anyone not considering not having these type animals around kids needs to take their head out of their ASS. If you want them near you, so be it, but don't keep them near the kids.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    How about a FACT (2012): 80%+/- of ALL police contacted cases in the U.S. regarding dog attacks are reported to be full or part "Pit Bull". Considering that they only make up 6%+ of the dog population, anyone not considering not having these type animals around kids needs to take their head out of their ASS. If you want them near you, so be it, but don't keep them near the kids.
    Makes sense to me.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    in the late 80's it was Dobermans were the bad dog... before that it was Rottweiler's and German Shepherds and now its pits.

No bad dogs just bad owners.

How man of the 80% of cases in the U.S. are actually responsible dog owners? I'm willing to bet not many.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I've met several Bullies and researched them a bit a while back as I was considering one. They do look like they just got out of prison, but I never read or heard a single bad thing about them. Obviously this one wasn't so sweet.

Either way I do think it's funny though how the media (and people including here) are running with the pit bull thing. Sorta like how all long guns are "assault rifles"...

All for ratings.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Dude I want a 65 lbs lean Brindle Pit sooo bad.

I just considered it a calculated risk to own one with small children,
    so I passed. Maybe one day though.

But definitely not one of these big ass Bully Breeds though.
    They have serious joint issues.

I don't like how they've mutated the breed so much that
    it's own structure can't hold the weight it seems.
    At least not for more than 7 years or so before causing major problems.

I was in the same place before deciding on a boxer. It still amazes me how many people still ask why I got a pit bull though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom