$540.00 HK USP 9mm Pistols, Compacts, and USP 45's (Night Sights)$540.00 out the door

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'll take a full size .45 if anyone doesn't want there's.

PS
    Ronnie seems to be real busy, but every time I spoke to him he was very professional. Many others have said lots of good things about purchases too.

stmoore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    I thought I'd share some information back to the thread:

Guns were delivered yesterday (Indiana) and I picked up today.

USPc (AD date code) was like new. came with box and extra mag (3 in total)
    USP - KF - no night sights, one mag, AMBI decocker - not a crisp, but still good overall. Rated VG on the box.
    USP - AA - night sights, moderate glow, AMBI decocker, one mag - not a crisp, but still good overall. Rated VG on the box.

Pros:
    +Price
    +Condition of USPc
    +Ambi decockers on the USP
    +guns seem to have been shot very little. no holster wear.

Cons:
    -no night sights on one USP
    -duration of transaction
    -communication was hit and miss
    -thought we were getting one extra mag per gun. I did get 3 in total for the USPc, so close enough for me.

Overall I am happy. Thank you Ronnie.

steadyshot

Sales Manager
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Harahan, La
    This is Ronnie. I have been gone from Ladner's Arms. I quit due to reasons I will explain. This will be my last post. The reason I am posting this message is I am not happy with the late gun issue being blamed on me. I also read a post from sasquatch where it was said "Just that whoever was running things was not doing their job and now they are trying to resolve everything."

I put every customer first. That was how I approached the business. I had great reviews and comments. The major problem I had was a constant miscommunication with the owner's brother, who handled the money and bank accounts for Ladner's Industries. Ladner's Arms is inside of the Ladner's Pool's building. Ted's brother was in charge of all transactions. I came to the building numerous times to learn their accounting procedures when appointments were made, only to have appointments broken. I had to wait for orders and had to wait for Ted's brother to pay for shipments. Everything went through Ted's brother. His brother was difficult to work with and had caused some orders to be late in the past. I could not work like this any longer. I was going to quit in November due to the internal difficulties.

Ted told me Ladner's Arms would become a seperate entity. Starting in December Ladner's Arms was going to run as its own company and not be associated with Ladner's Pool's or Ted's brother. We were suppose to have our own bank account December 1st. We got the account mid December. It was January before the account was straight. Ladner’s Arms borrowed money from Ladner's Pools to buy an inventory for Ladner's Arms business,. I then had a death in the family and I was out for three weeks. Tom handled the orders. In January I returned. Things were running smooth. I sold quite a few HK pistols and they were in demand. I then offered a group buy, and the group buy was relayed to other forums, along with a list of guns I had to sell. I had to move these guns on the list because I spent over my budget and Ted's brother was complaining about the money. I understood, and I was wrong for overspending so I was trying to move product. I also took a $7,000.00 ammo order via credit card from a board member. I received money for the HK pistols and the ammo. I put the money in the bank. I made the orders. I gave a date to ship for that Friday or Monday. The orders came into UPS on the Wednesday afternoon before the ship date I provided which was Martin Luther King weekend. That Friday I went to the bank to get the cashiers checks and to my surprise the money was gone. I had no idea what happened. Someone took the money out of the bank account. I called the owner's brother and he said he took the money from the account. He opened a new account. He also took some of the funds for the Pool business because Ladner's Arms owed him money. I was pissed. My customers paid for the pistols. I called Ted and I could not get into touch with him. His brother said he would call me back and never did. I then called the company accountant, explained the situation that the money was for customer's orders, and he said the money would have to be put back into the bank. I called the UPS driver (personal cell phone) and explained the situation. He said it was ok because UPS had lost one of the packages and they were trying to locate it.

Ted's brother called me and said he would put the money in the bank on Saturday. Monday I went to the bank and it was closed for the Holiday. Tuesday I got a call from the owner's brother saying he would put some of the money back into the bank account around 4PM. We did not see eye to eye again. Since it was so late I did not have time to get the cashiers check on Tuesday.

I called the UPS driver and told him I was getting the cashiers check Wednesday morning and I would call and I would try to meet him. He said they found the missing package and blamed it on the holiday weekend being busy and they were understaffed. I did not call him because I did not have a chance to meet with him. The check was waiting at the shop for him. At approximately 5:20PM I went to Ladner's to log the pistols. They were not there I called the UPS driver and asked where the packages were. He said he did not here from me so he did not pass the shop. He told me to call UPS and just pick the packages up from there. I called, and the UPS rep was an ass. He said they were shipped back to the distributor. I called the distributor first thing Thursday morning. My rep was out of town at the shot show. I left a message and would have to talk to him. The following Tuesday my rep returned and I told him what happened. Now I had to mail him a check. He received the check Thursday. Then they had to re-log everything, repackage everything. It took an extra week to reship. I was pissed. I did not want to blame the company and I complained to Ted and Tom. I complained and said I could not deal with this, that this was unfair to customers, and if I was in their shoes I would be upset. I did not get the response I desired when I complained. I then sent out two separate emails. I sent the emails from my home computer, and some members did not receive the emails. I apologize. I did stop coming into the office as much because my work schedule changed, but I read the emails. Complaints started to roll in while I waited for the guns. I forwarded the calls because I did not really want to say what happened, and I had enough. This whole situation could have been avoided. My ethic was to put customers first and make them happy, and it was impossible to follow through with this may hands in the pot. I told Tom it was his baby. I wanted to stay just to ship out the guns and fulfill a few last orders. Well I went into the office and saw someone filed and moved my papers and I could not find some papers. Tom started moving in before I left. He is running everything now and I am out for the last few days.

Sasquatch, I did send you the wrong pistol. I apologize. For everyone else I left the lists for shipments and payments received. I have not talked to Tom directly, maybe our work schedules, but I have told Ted and Tom's associate what is going on. The pistols came in a week ago and I mailed most of them. Tom will be handling everything from here on out.

Gavin,
    I could not complete your ammo order. I tried to explain to Ted’s brother that I needed some of the funds from the credit card to pay for the ammo but it fell on deaf ears (owner's brother). I never charged your card for anything.

I would also like to add I am not having any "personal problems." I do not appreciate that anyone not receiving their orders has been blamed on my “personal problems”. That is not true. I am not having personal problems and that was an excuse that someone made up to cover up the mistake. I ran a successful business before, and I plan to again, so I do not want anyone discrediting my name. I want that on record.

I do apologize to all of you. I did some things wrong, but I never did anything immoral or illegal. I always place the customers first. I did not intend for any of you to wait, and you would not have if the money would have been left in the bank. That is not Tom's or Ted's fault. It won't happen again.

Ted and Tom are super guys and they will treat all of you right. They are honest. Because I left, Tom is transitioning. The paperwork I logged is different from what he is use to, so he will have to figure things out. All of the orders, payments, and paperwork are there. I am willing help him. He will take care of all of you. He has the phone, and he reads the emails. He said he does not want to continue with bayou Shooter forum, so you will have to call him or email him.

The pistols are in now, finally. Tom will ship them to you. Call him. All of the glitches are being worked out. Please continue to do business with them because both Tom and Ted are fantastic guys.

I have been officially done with Ladner's since last week. I am still friends with Ted.

Thank all of you. It was nice to meet you and speak with you.

Happy shooting.

Last edited:

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Ronnie: Is my shipment waiting for Ted/Tom or has did it ship last week? Your message box is full and not accepting PM's....

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I know you said you were not going to post anymore, but if you get back in the gun business for yourself, please don't hesitate to chime in and let us know.

^^^ this.

any particular reason Ted doesn't want to continue with bayoushooter? I have no idea what other business you were doing but it sure seems like quite a few sales came from your online announcements.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    ^^^ this.

any particular reason Ted doesn't want to continue with bayoushooter? I have no idea what other business you were doing but it sure seems like quite a few sales came from your online announcements.

Ronnie was the one that had the idea to become a Sponsor. i guess the current operator believes he can run a business w/o advertising. i know i would have never met Ronnie without his post/ads.

Ronnie, if you ever open up your own business, let me know. i'd love to visit, heck, i'll even work for free on my off time. :-D

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Well, if it had anything to do with me trying to take up for you, then I apologize. I've just read that you had a family emergency before and made the assumption(my mistake) that it could've been an ongoing conflict. Now that the story is told, i hope to possibly have a new sponsor/dealer to deal with with great transactions/prices. Good luck with future ventures:bigok:.

bk1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Still have not received my 45 USP. Guess I need to call Tom as he has not responded to my emails.

Anyone else still waiting? It sounds like several of you have received your orders at least.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    support group input for the day:

Nobody answers any phone numbers from this thread. Ladners pool doesn't have any idea what I'm talking about and does not know how to get ahold of Tom or Ted. I don't really believe that they don't know, but do believe that they don't care or were briefed not to. Either way, mardi gras is over but the comm blackout continues.

Rex Spook

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Old Metairie
    support group input for the day:

Nobody answers any phone numbers from this thread. Ladners pool doesn't have any idea what I'm talking about and does not know how to get ahold of Tom or Ted. I don't really believe that they don't know, but do believe that they don't care or were briefed not to. Either way, mardi gras is over but the comm blackout continues.

"Ted" is Ted Ladner

bk1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Ronnie, I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread at all (it sounded like you would not be) but I would still like you to see this thing through to the end. (satisfied customers)

I realize it was not your fault but on the other hand, it was not our fault either. If you plan on opening up something on your own at some point I would consider this a A1 opportunity to show some customer service skills.

Just my 2 cents.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Any other updates?
    I am waiting on a email response here. Might try that cell number again...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom