600 yd Prone/F Class Match at Palo Alto on march 7th

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    You talking about the girl shooting on the F class side? I thought she had something different then a 223.

I talked to her and she told me she has been shooting since 13 and she is 16 now. My daughter is 14 and has shot my 10/22 and wants to get into it more also. I was going to see what 4H had to offer.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I was just messin' with the boys. It always amuses me when Ashlyn and Maddie (she is 13) beat the men. Don't worry guys, I have had my ass handed to me on many occasions by girls, women and old men (I scored for a 70+ year old man in Beaumont one day. He shot a 200-14X at 600 with his match rifle (open sights)). You just cannot be worried about the other shooters. You need to shoot against yourself and just focus on beating your last score.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Yes that was Ashlyn and yes she was shooting a 223 that was about the 6th or 7th match she's shot in those 3 years.

I knew better than to talk too much smack before the match, but I think s.i.t. ended up having to eat a few words. Ashlyn was enjoying the fact that she served them up in a four course meal!!!

BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    Folks if that type of shooting interests you on the second Saturday of the month we hold our regular small bore match. This is usually an all prone match like fired yesterday but it's shot with a 22 rimfire at 50 and 100 yards.

So we have decided to add an F-Class group to this as well. Gear required is the same as seen yesterday, a mat, spotting scope, a bipod or rest, 150rds of ammo and a good shooting 22 rimfire with your choicd of either a scope or iron sights.

If you have a junior shooter interested let me know so that I can coordinate with Dan on getting some mats and scopes for them to use

Buck

If your shooting with a scope then a spotting scope isn't really required.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I think that would be excellent! I know my daughter would be all for it. SHe would have been there yesterday but she is also involved in Girl Scouts and had to sell cookies. Please let me know any details. I have a 10/22 with a 3x9x40 scope if that helps. She has shot it at 50 yards.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I have learned to not let my mouth override my ass when I show up at a match. It is better to to talk after the match. The kids are the worst. Frequently you run across one who has been shooting airgun or smallbore. They just stand there and put them in the middle like it is no big deal. Last year a 13 year old won the Creedmoor Cup Western Games EIC Match with a 487. He is the youngest Distinguished Rifleman ever so he is probably not your run of the mill teenage shooter, but talking smack before that match may have provided someone with a dose of humility.

BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    Not only did I not beat her, but I got my ass handed to me by her and that .223!! As did a few other guys out there shooting TR. I make no excuses.....she flat out-shot me yesterday!

I ended the day with a 552-8x. Still, even a day like that is a blast to have.

Yo. Ashlyn here!! You really should watch all your smack talking. I bet you felt real silly in front of your girl. Maybe one day you will be good enough to beat me. But if your not careful, my .223 and I will hand your ass to you again next month!!:rofl: I charge $50 for lessons... you better go clean out your piggy bank because even then Ill probably still get you. And just so everyone knows, Im gonna actually start practicing now.:)

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Yeah Dan I think I am going to have to go ahead and cancel on next months shoot while I still have my dignity.:rofl: Just for the record I have never fired a weapon in my life;)

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Yo Ritten. Ashlyn here!! You really should watch all your smack talking. I bet you felt real silly in front of your girl. Maybe one day you will be good enough to beat me. But if your not careful, my .223 and I will hand your ass to you again next month!!:rofl: I charge $50 for lessons... you better go clean out your piggy bank because even then Ill probably still get you. And just so everyone knows, Im gonna actually start practicing now.:)

Ashlyn,

Play nice with the boys. You don't want to scare them off, do you?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Yeah Dan I think I am going to have to go ahead and cancel on next months shoot while I still have my dignity.:rofl: Just for the record I have never fired a weapon in my life;)

Tim,

Relax, very few of us take these matches seriously. I am not one for sure otherwise I would have been shooting my service rifle. :)

Find some ammo. Show up on time. We will take care of the rest. (oh yea, don't make any bets with the kids).

Dan

BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    Ashlyn,

Play nice with the boys. You don't want to scare them off, do you?

I dont think its what I say thats gonna scare them off. We have fun picking on each other though. All in good fun.:D We were laughing and smiling the whole time. Cant wait for next month!!

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I was on target 9 relay 2, the one bitching about the bullets going in places I didn't shoot them!

Top Bottom