66% of Louisianians still supporting AWB, have YOU weighed in?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Did you notice that only 8,000 people have participated in that one? Over 51,000 have contacted their State Representatives on Mayor Bloomberg's proposed legislation. 91%(46,485 people) support it as worded.

I'm not sure how "fairly" things can be worded, but if you mean "honestly", you are correct. That proposed legislation tells you exactly what it is in the title.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Yep......GIVE me your address you damn ANTI AWB aholes.....this will make it much easier for us to drive right to your door and make the PICK UP much easier!
    Looks like they are asking us to make our own firearm possession map for them!!

KT

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Did you notice that only 8,000 people have participated in that one? Over 51,000 have contacted their State Representatives on Mayor Bloomberg's proposed legislation. 91%(46,485 people) support it as worded.

I'm not sure how "fairly" things can be worded, but if you mean "honestly", you are correct. That proposed legislation tells you exactly what it is in the title.

Here's the rub though. These are individual pieces of legislation and neither of them have a chance of passing. Even if they did, if you use this system you are only emailing your Representative about ONLY ONE piece of legislation and we are about to get swamped by several. We need to be emailing our reps once a week and explaining that if they fail to VOTE NO ON ANY NEW GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION, that they will no longer receive your vote. This system is all fine and good, but if you are not directly emailing your representatives at least once a week and telling them to VOTE NO ON ALL OF IT, then you don't deserve to own a firearm.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I didn't read all of the comments so this may have been mentioned before. The problem is that the assault weapon ban is grouped in with background checks. Most people will say that they support background checks.

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Loosen the tinfoil turbo, if that were the case they'd just track the ip you post from, or use the address you provided on your 4473's. Or they could check your cc history for purchases of questionable items.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I didn't read all of the comments so this may have been mentioned before. The problem is that the assault weapon ban is grouped in with background checks. Most people will say that they support background checks.

You are refering to Diane Feinstein's bill which has little chance of passing and probably won't even make it out of committee. The dangerous bills will come out after Biden announces next week his report to the pres.

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Here's the rub though. These are individual pieces of legislation and neither of them have a chance of passing. Even if they did, if you use this system you are only emailing your Representative about ONLY ONE piece of legislation and we are about to get swamped by several. We need to be emailing our reps once a week and explaining that if they fail to VOTE NO ON ANY NEW GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION, that they will no longer receive your vote. This system is all fine and good, but if you are not directly emailing your representatives at least once a week and telling them to VOTE NO ON ALL OF IT, then you don't deserve to own a firearm.
    I agree 100%. I have emailed Bill Cassidy, Mary Landrieu, and David Vitter telling tham just that.

I was introduced to POPVOX through another VERY popular gun forum. I like how easy it makes it to keep up with current bills.

It's a very easy tool to use, but if you aren't comfortable speaking up for yourself, I understand.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I agree 100%. I have emailed Bill Cassidy, Mary Landrieu, and David Vitter telling tham just that.

I was introduced to POPVOX through another VERY popular gun forum. I like how easy it makes it to keep up with current bills.

It's a very easy tool to use, but if you aren't comfortable speaking up for yourself, I understand.

No, I used POPVOX too. I'm all about stacking online surveys so they can't be regurgitated by the MSM. I'm just saying it is secondary to contacting your reps through their websites or email which has the least chance of getting filtered out.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    In effect, she said a lot without saying anything. What it comes down to is she will vote with the President just as her family has done for years. She keeps the welfare crowd growing and buying their votes with her Section 8 Housing and welfare money.

Exactly-this^!!! I also got the exact same BS from letter from her ass about 2 weeks ago when I wrote a letter to her. She is lockstep with the liberal left and will not vote to protect our 2nd amendment rights, of this I am quite certain!

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    UPDATE:

1. Scalise - 72% Support

2. Richmond - 89% Support

3. Boustany - 59% Support

4. Fleming - 69% Support

5. Alexander - 50% Support

6. Cassidy - 52% Support