A Question for LA Residents with Motorcycle Endorsements.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Same here. I rode my bike to the DMV with a rejection inspection sticker and a valid Insurance card. Hammond DMV makes you pull out of the parking lot and travel 50-60 feet to the light, turn right, and pull back into the parking lot. A real skills test I tell ya. I offered my examiner to get on the back :), she declined.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Just ride it over but be warned you will need a vehicle inspection tag to on the bike to take the test but you can't get a vehicle inspection tag without the endorcement. Go to the inspection station you will get a rejection for not having an indorcement.
    Take the rejection slip to the DMV to take the test and go back to the inspection station and get the sticker after you have the endorcement. Been there done that.
    I've never heard of a motorcycle inspection.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've never heard of a motorcycle inspection.

yeah, pretty aggravating. as they said, you have to go and get rejected, show them the rejection, then go again for approval. Also, I had to do one figure eight, then the lady said "it's too hot" and went back inside

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    You drive it to the little st francisville dmv, show your paperwork and then drive it around the block while she waits outside, go back in and get your license. Also, dont forget, you will need an inspection sticker too, but you can only get a rejection sticker without a M endorsement,sooooooo- You drive it to bennet ford and get them to hand you a orange sticker, take that along with your insurance to the dmv, do forst step above and then drive back to bennets and get the regular sticker. You then may or may not remove the black X and put it on the vehicle of your choice that needs a sticker.

St.Francisville

Hardheaded Young'n
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Wilson, LA
    You drive it to the little st francisville dmv, show your paperwork and then drive it around the block while she waits outside, go back in and get your license. Also, dont forget, you will need an inspection sticker too, but you can only get a rejection sticker without a M endorsement,sooooooo- You drive it to bennet ford and get them to hand you a orange sticker, take that along with your insurance to the dmv, do forst step above and then drive back to bennets and get the regular sticker. You then may or may not remove the black X and put it on the vehicle of your choice that needs a sticker.
    Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks everybody. Especially you, edman.

Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Rode mine around the parking lot at 4:30 in the afternoon at the DMV in Gonzales about 20 years ago. Was a joke. Sold the bike a long time ago, but still keep my cycle enforcement....just in case.r

Top Bottom