A reminder to always carry.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Well strolling back from city park on Washington Ave. I see someone consolidating a lane in front of me and a guy spread out on the ground. I honestly thought he was knocked out in front of the liquor store. I was wrong he had just been shot and was dead. Here is a pic of him after they covered him with a shirt I was stuck there for probably 5 minutes as the traffic was consolidated and I had just started to hear sirens in the distance. Of course I wasn't carrying... Needless to say that won't happen again. Horrible stuff kids around and everything. Who knows what happened but I hope his family and friends can find peace.

I hope people don't find this image disrespectful if so I will remove it. I am posting it hoping it will remind individuals that you never know what will cross your path on an average day.

Last edited:

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Dude, stop making stories up for attention. Like I really believe there was a shooting in New Orleans, much less a murder.

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    My wife and I were City Park just last Sunday. I was passing a guy on one of the sidewalks, said "Hello". He did not say "Hello" he just ask if I had some change that I could give him. Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson did take the walk with me and my wife. Sad times....

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Just another day in paradise. It always sickens me how people just stand around and let their kids stare at **** like that.

You are right though, any time any place. I actually drove right by there this morning.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Man dies in N.O. triple shooting

NEW ORLEANS -- A man is dead and two others are injured after a triple shooting in the Broadmoor area.

The shooting happened Friday at about 4:15 p.m. near the intersection of Washington Avenue and Broad Street.

NOPD spokesman Officer Garry Flot said one man died in the shooting and another person was shot in the leg. A third person showed up at the hospital with a gunshot wound to the stomach.

Original.jpg
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/Triple-shooting-leaves-one-dead-119946274.html

:)

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I hate to jump to conclusions, I really do. But.....

^^^^^^
    What he said. :dunno:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The news story said it happened at 4:15 and my picture is time stamped 4:31:24 good lord it must of taken them 20 minutes to get there because when I left I was just hearing sirens in the distance.

Another reason to carry it takes the Cops and ambulance 20 minutes to get to the scene....

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    The news story said it happened at 4:15 and my picture is time stamped 4:31:24 good lord it must of taken them 20 minutes to get there because when I left I was just hearing sirens in the distance.

Another reason to carry it takes the Cops and ambulance 20 minutes to get to the scene....

Not to state the obvious, but the police require notice at some point before they can magically appear. I dont know the area you are talking about, but I'm guessing it isn't the best part of town. Did you pick up the phone and call? Just wondering.

Unless the cops saw or heard it, how are they supposed to know? Just another thing to think about. And yeah, you probably are right... it is another reason to carry.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Ya'll mean there aren't cops and amberlamps on every corner in the Big Easy? I thought every municipallity had full coverage for any eventuallity! WTH? Why don't these thugs play by the rules and commit their crimes in front of LEO's????

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Not to state the obvious, but the police require notice at some point before they can magically appear. I dont know the area you are talking about, but I'm guessing it isn't the best part of town. Did you pick up the phone and call? Just wondering.

Unless the cops saw or heard it, how are they supposed to know? Just another thing to think about. And yeah, you probably are right... it is another reason to carry.

No joke did you read the news story? There where 3 people shot in broad daylight at a very busy intersection and there is actually a police station .8 miles away on the same street google maps estimates the driving distance to be 1 min. So considering an individual could call 911 and most average human beings could walk .8 miles in 16 minutes. I don't think my statement was unwarranted.

However that wasn't the intent of my post. My intent was (as the title clearly states) to say be prepared which most of you already know however some of us get complacent (ME) and need a reminder every once in a while.

I wasn't saying the police should be our saviors I was saying take care of your own ****. I usually carry a first aid kit and a firearm. I had neither if the guy wouldn't have been dead I might have been able to help. It is a good reminder that is all.....

So guess what I put the gloves, cpr mask, and trauma pack back into my bag and the situation won't repeat itself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom