Academy Sports no longer getting any of my hard earned

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Why are we even discussing this? Below is a screenshot of the deleted post. I really don't know what else could be said besides simply, "no, this is not allowed."

View attachment 156523
    We are discussing this because Perez would like to change the subject rather than answer why my post on the state of the economy being so bad that a man in Opelousas was selling his sex doll while not censoring posts in this thread.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    If you think that your version of the events should be enough, consider that your version has changed a little. It went from you posting a story about the guy to you posting a link to a story about a guy.
    A difference without distinction.
    I tried to search all of your posts containing http or https and, again, came up with nothing.
    It was deleted! Reference the pistol brace posts to see how this can happen.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A difference without distinction.

Unfortunately, there is a distinction.

It was deleted! Reference the pistol brace posts to see how this can happen.

Of course. It was deleted. Figures. "Hey...this happened just like I said it did except that it didn't quite happen like that but it did happen like what I changed it to except that it must have been completely deleted so there's no way for you to see it to explain what happened so you'll have to take my word that the latest version is what really happened and it's a double standard."

Got it. In that case, it was deleted because all of the mods and admins keep a secret list of people in the mod only section and we randomly just delete posts here and there to keep people believing there's some conspiracy going on because there really is a conspiracy going on and you're on the list but I can't show you the list because it got deleted but it has to be true because I just told you about it.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Got it. In that case, it was deleted because all of the mods and admins keep a secret list of people in the mod only section and we randomly just delete posts here and there to keep people believing there's some conspiracy going on because there really is a conspiracy going on and you're on the list but I can't show you the list because it got deleted but it has to be true because I just told you about it.
    HA! I effin' KNEW it!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Unfortunately, there is a distinction.

Of course. It was deleted. Figures. "Hey...this happened just like I said it did except that it didn't quite happen like that but it did happen like what I changed it to except that it must have been completely deleted so there's no way for you to see it to explain what happened so you'll have to take my word that the latest version is what really happened and it's a double standard."

What did I tell you about spilling our secrets...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    well fellas it happend in front of me yesterday, yes i still give academy my money...:boink:

was walking into academy on Siegen Ln last night to retune something, as i was walking in there was a younger man standing on the inside of the store with both hands full of high $ clothing, like he was trying to carry all his cloths out of the dryer without dropping any in one trip... lol, as i walked in the doors open and i see him walk out past us.. I watch im walk past me out the store in while i was in the breeze way... I walked in to the store and it processed and looked again, the fella behind me said yup that fella just left with the whole store, laughing. By that time im by the door guard/return man and hes just sitting there, and i ask him, did that dude just steal all that stuff? He said yup, happens all the time, we cant do anything about it... Then a manager walks up and points outside and says was that him, he said yea and she went and took pics of him getting in a car, the other manager yells to her saying, "dont go outside"... After wards she said they get fired if they go outside... Well anyway its deff a sad time we living in, i see that on youtube ect but never local.. after that The sales person said "yall wonder why yall gotta pay so much for this stuff, to cover them", all the while im sitting at the register thinking... :dunno: hmmm do i really have to pay for my stuff or can i just walk out? :dogkeke:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    well fellas it happend in front of me yesterday, yes i still give academy my money...:boink:

was walking into academy on Siegen Ln last night to retune something, as i was walking in there was a younger man standing on the inside of the store with both hands full of high $ clothing, like he was trying to carry all his cloths out of the dryer without dropping any in one trip... lol, as i walked in the doors open and i see him walk out past us.. I watch im walk past me out the store in while i was in the breeze way... I walked in to the store and it processed and looked again, the fella behind me said yup that fella just left with the whole store, laughing. By that time im by the door guard/return man and hes just sitting there, and i ask him, did that dude just steal all that stuff? He said yup, happens all the time, we cant do anything about it... Then a manager walks up and points outside and says was that him, he said yea and she went and took pics of him getting in a car, the other manager yells to her saying, "dont go outside"... After wards she said they get fired if they go outside... Well anyway its deff a sad time we living in, i see that on youtube ect but never local.. after that The sales person said "yall wonder why yall gotta pay so much for this stuff, to cover them", all the while im sitting at the register thinking... :dunno: hmmm do i really have to pay for my stuff or can i just walk out? :dogkeke:
    I’ve seen them chasing people out of the store in Gretna. I don’t think they were actually chasing the suspect but trying to alert to police outside. At the Gretna location Gretna PD also sits right outside the store. You’ll almost always see at least one unit if not two.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'm sorry.. If I was working for a large Corp company, getting paid their wage, I wouldn't follow either. I'm not risking my life for them.

Now my dad's stores that he owned and we worked in... Yeah.. We did our thing and the customers knew not to fafo.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I watched a guy casually walk through Home Depot with a pair of wire cutters as he snipped the alarm wires on tools on display. He loaded his cart up wth a few thousand dollars of equipment and then just walked out. The staff were walking behind him and recording videos on their cell phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom