Academy Sports no longer getting any of my hard earned

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I am a bit confused. Did you have to fill out the form 4733? Did they call the NICS for your background?
    No, when I asked if they would use the lifetime CHP for purchase, as you would the 5 year CHP for a NICS "bypass", they said no, their policy hadn't changed, even though the ATF now allows us to use the lifetime CHP in the same manner. It annoyed me that they weren't following the new ATF guidance, so I went to BP and had a seamless purchase, because BP is following the new rule. You still have to fill out the 4473, you just don't have to wait for the NICS check to come back.

An earlier piece of this discussion where I addressed a question similar to yours.
    you still have to fill out the paper work even with lifetime, 5year or no permit ... so they called it in and got a delay or rejected? you just didnt like that they had to call it in, or what happened?
    They don't submit it to NICS when using the CHP. They wouldn't let me use my CHP as an ID because they were still following the old rule that the lifetime doesn't have an expiration date, so it can't be used. I even showed them the new rule saying it could be used but they said their corp policy hadn't changed. And this was a couple of years after the rule change. It just annoyed me, so screw em. Although, they're all probably owned by the same company up the line somewhere, so they get the last laugh...

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wow!!! You guys all post pix of your inflate-a-mate, and, I get censored fore more or less (usually less) the same thing!! One of which is in the US patent office but is apparently offensive here!

Your memory may not be what it used to be. You placed an ad in the "Free / Giveaway / Pay it Forward" section of the marketplace. You included an image of a paint viscosity cup but the description was inaccurate.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Your memory may not be what it used to be. You placed an ad in the "Free / Giveaway / Pay it Forward" section of the marketplace. You included an image of a paint viscosity cup but the description was inaccurate.
    My memory is just fine!!!

I also posted that times where so hard that someone in Opelousas was selling his sex doll in Craigslist, and that was removed because this is a family friendly site.

If my memory serves me correctly I recall ads for bondage furniture on here, and also someone propositioning a federal agent!!!! Whassup with dat??????

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I also posted that times where so hard that someone in Opelousas was selling his sex doll in Craigslist, and that was removed because this is a family friendly site.

If my memory serves me correctly I recall ads for bondage furniture on here, and also someone propositioning a federal agent!!!! Whassup with dat??????

But you posted a picture of a paint viscosity cup. So, again, the description did not match the image of the item you were offering.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I couldn't find that post. I did some searches of specific words and filtered just your posts and there was nothing matching that description. The earliest result was from Dec 25, 2020 and that post had the keyword "used."

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

If my memory serves me correctly I recall nd also someone propositioning a federal agent!!!! Whassup with dat??????
    FBI went to their home, come on here bragged. Later on a Ban Again.
    And was surprised they never got in more trouble for what they said, that landed the FBI at their home.

And no I never sent FBI.
    And that member later returned back here as someone else,. Was given chance. That did not last long and another ban issued. Again was not I who did so.
    We also have a list of member's who had a ban and came back but play nice now.
    So yea we know who you are now and who you were multiple times before in most cases.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    And was surprised they never got in more trouble for what they said, that landed the FBI at their home.

And no I never sent FBI.
    And that member later returned back here as someone else,. Was given chance. That did not last long and another ban issued. Again was not I who did so.
    So yea we know who you are now and who you were multiple times before in most cases.
    I think most of us would agree, old Flyboy was entertaining! An idiot, but entertaining.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana

And no I never sent FBI.
    O.K. Now we've established that it happened. Whassup with dat?????? or in other words, why the double standard???

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I couldn't find that post. I did some searches of specific words and filtered just your posts and there was nothing matching that description. The earliest result was from Dec 25, 2020 and that post had the keyword "used."
    It was deleted for not being family friendly! I have to click that I'm over 18 to get on firearm or ammo websites. I thought I could assume everybody here was an adult because of the nature of the subject?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    O.K. Now we've established that it happened. Whassup with dat?????? or in other words, why the double standard???

You posted an ad where the image did not match the description. And based on a post in a separate thread, it was reasonable to believe the ad was not legitimate. That ad was taken down. I can find not find any post that was deleted that matches your claim. Without finding that post to see any possible context, there's nothing to support there being a double standard. What are some distinctive keywords from that deleted post?

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    You posted an ad where the image did not match the description. And based on a post in a separate thread, it was reasonable to believe the ad was not legitimate. That ad was taken down. I can find not find any post that was deleted that matches your claim. Without finding that post to see any possible context, there's nothing to support there being a double standard. What are some distinctive keywords from that deleted post?
    If I remember correctly, (I have memory problems according to some) I just said what has it come to and then linked to a craigslist ad of a man selling his sex doll. It was deleted for not being family friendly. Don't see why you need the actual post to see that there is a double standard in this situation? I just linked to the sex doll article...Didn't post it myself. Some people thought the "masculine brace" was funny. Got some feedback while it was up such a short time. Again, it wasn't taken down for being "not legitimate." I was told it was inappropriate.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If I remember correctly, (I have memory problems according to some) I just said what has it come to and then linked to a craigslist ad of a man selling his sex doll. It was deleted for not being family friendly. Don't see why you need the actual post to see that there is a double standard in this situation? I just linked to the sex doll article...Didn't post it myself. Some people thought the "masculine brace" was funny. Got some feedback while it was up such a short time. Again, it wasn't taken down for being "not legitimate." I was told it was inappropriate.
    Why are we even discussing this? Below is a screenshot of the deleted post. I really don't know what else could be said besides simply, "no, this is not allowed."

1706120007251.png

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

If I remember correctly, (I have memory problems according to some) I just said what has it come to and then linked to a craigslist ad of a man selling his sex doll. It was deleted for not being family friendly. Don't see why you need the actual post to see that there is a double standard in this situation? I just linked to the sex doll article...Didn't post it myself.

You asked why there was a double standard. In order to answer the question, any reasonable person would need to know the context of the post being deleted. If you think that your version of the events should be enough, consider that your version has changed a little. It went from you posting a story about the guy to you posting a link to a story about a guy. I tried to search all of your posts containing http or https and, again, came up with nothing.

Some people thought the "masculine brace" was funny. Got some feedback while it was up such a short time. Again, it wasn't taken down for being "not legitimate." I was told it was inappropriate.

It was not legit, the image and the description did not match, and it was inappropriate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    squidnutz06
    Top Bottom