Accident update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yes kind of standard procedure. Someone I know was rearended recently and his lawyer whim he knows sent him to a particular doctor on top of seeing his regular doctor.

G

gunguy11

I would not have minded going to his doctor.
    He just offered me to go at his expense and to make sure I tell him how bad I hurt. My dad was there to sit while we talked. It was just his tone that seemed so pushy yet corrupt per say.
    I did not know what to do as far as going to a doctor at his "cost" but with nothing stating that I did not want to be "screwed".
    I'm sure state farm will drop me after this so I will be in need of auto insurance too. Being out from under my parents policy that will surely jump way up; they have so many discounts being there so long.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That sucks state farm is f$&@ing you with the med pay, I wouldnt give them a dime after what they did after Katrina. The only reason they're still in the state is so they can make back some of what they paid out.

Yes! They were not acting like "good neighbors" for that incident.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Prayers for ya, brother.

I am not the person to speak to about insurance and attorneys but I can offer you some direction on healing - at least what worked for me.

You may wish to see a good chiropractor -- WITH YOUR MED REPORTS & X-RAYS IN HAND FOR THE CHIROPRACTOR TO STUDY. In fact, you'll need one after your accuse t. I wish I knew this years ago; could have extended the competitive jujitsu/judo.

Supplements for soft tissue and general wound healing & nerve health will help, too:

Silica & Magnesium
    MSM
    Glucosamine
    Antioxidants
    Zinc
    B-vitamins

Man, I hope and pray you don't have any disc issues from this. An MRI of your spine (not immediately; probably some inflammation there now) wouldn't be bad if the pain does not subside in a couple of months.

As for pain: I meditated. The pain meds didn't work on me.

G

gunguy11

Thanks for the info about helping aid my health. Will try some of the things you mentioned.
    I have not called parker yet. I was on the phone for most of the time after my exams yesterday with insurance.
    Since the bags did not deploy (being they cost a lot to repair when they do) it is most likely the car may not be a total loss. This being, I am expected to get back into a faulty or unsafe car again??? I do not know what to do now so I will seek any legal advice I can.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    have you gone and spoke to the people you bought the car from. Seems they might at least have some input on the air bag. Might help with the piece of mind in driving it again.

and i'll second a good chiropractor. Ive been seeing one for a while now. It does do wonders.

G

gunguy11

Alright guys, I went to the bar for use of their referal system.... I think after 23 firms ranging from N.O. To lafayette they gave up so I will not be filing a claim. I had one lawyer offer to file a claim but if they called his bluff he could do nothing. I declined and decided to try something outside the norm.
    My medical bills are slightly under $6000 at the moment but it will go up if some things do not get better. This may not seem like a lot but it is to a college student who works part time and is now off work for 1-2months.
    I have decided to right a letter stating my situation and asking for assitance from Hyundai only on my medical bills.
    Hopefully through honesty and integrity in the letter they do not laugh at me and send back an automated response.
    If this doesn't work, I will just be set back and have decided I will postpone college so I can pay back my
    Dues without harming my financial status. We all know you can't go anywhere in this world without an abundance of cash or good credit.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Check with you Dr. office and/or hospital, many have a income based "sliding scale" or some other plan to help with your medical bills. Or they may work out a payment plan that will fit your budget.

Don't forgo treatment because you can't afford it, you need to get better.

I thought I had posted this earlier, but do you have GAP insurance on your car? With out it, if the balance of our loan is greater that the value of the car, you will be left owing the difference.

Your story should be a reminder to the rest of us to check out insurance to make sure we have the coverage we need.

G

gunguy11

Yea I'm working on a payment plan I'm just billed to the ma right now and I'm out of work.
    Car, insurance, phone, and tuition is the most expensive thing.
    I did purchase gap insurance so that will be covered. Looks like the car will be totaled. They found a cracked block and a bent turbo once under the hood. Totaled to $19,000 in damage with car being worth 23,000.
    Looks like I'm gonna be getting back into a truck.
    And a new insurance. Think state farm might drop me since I haven't been with them long. :/

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    When my wife had to go to the ER, we had an easy time setting up a payment plan. It was only $50/month interest free. Definitely worth asking for.

Like I said in the last thread, the shop or adjuster needs to have someone look at the ECU to determine why the airbags didn't go off. If the ECU data indicates the accident should have initiated the airbags, lawyers won't shrug you off anymore.

G

gunguy11

When my wife had to go to the ER, we had an easy time setting up a payment plan. It was only $50/month interest free. Definitely worth asking for.

Like I said in the last thread, the shop or adjuster needs to have someone look at the ECU to determine why the airbags didn't go off. If the ECU data indicates the accident should have initiated the airbags, lawyers won't shrug you off anymore.

Too pull that information off is a charge of $3500.00. then you have to pay experts to evaluate and take your side. Since I do not have a crushed face, brain damage etc. They all said no. The pay out wouldn't be worth the expense.

Top Bottom