Active shooter in Maine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Here we go again...
    88420a681acc3dd74bce4e4642cabf38.jpg

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    They are calling this DB shooter a firearms instructor. WTF!
    “On Wednesday night, the Lewiston Police Department identified Robert R. Card, of Bowdoin, Maine, as a person of interest. According to law enforcement, Card is a firearms' instructor.”

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Card is a convicted sex offender. Aka a prohibited person.
    That doesn't mean squat. Let's be real here, we have quite a few active members here who will sell a handgun or an AR-15 to anyone with the cash, no questions asked. They said so in a recent thread about private sales going thru a FFL. I have purchased handguns from a couple of them here in the past. You got the cash, you got my pistol for sale, period. No seeing/verifying your LA DL, and perhaps a simple hand written BOS.

They enable ANYONE to purchase a handgun or an AR-15! Right here off Bayou Shooter. (Same on LA Sportsman classifieds too). You could have an active domestic order banning you from purchasing a firearm, or be a former convict on parole. Or a habitual illegal drug user. Or a convicted sex offender. You might not even be a resident of Louisiana, and working here temporarily. I realize this is a touchy subject, but it is the truth.
    Zero accountability when it comes to selling a firearm, to ANYONE. Not all members but a few here.

Do you think private sales should go thru a FFL thread

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Should people go to jail for actions others take?
    Absolutely not. But I believe as a responsible gun owner in Louisiana, one should use some level of common sense in a private sale. I put it right in my ad listings I want to see your LA DL at time of the transaction. Not to record anything but see you are a resident of LA. And write out a simple BOS, with legible names. Take a pic of it with your phone upon completion. Quite a few guys here seem to give a flying f*ck where their firearm ends up, long as they get their money. Until their child gets shot or killed in their school, then they will be crying like a baby saying "why, why".

Lots of people who are a danger to society are not currently locked up. People who are arrested then released on bond. Or people who are out on parole. People with real mental illness walking the streets every single day. Quite a few with anger issues, just look at the road rage today. Shootings and killings most every day in NOLA now. NOLA justice is like a revolving door for the last 2 or 3 years. Covid had a huge impact on it, criminal courts shutdown for 12 or 18 months.

Thankfully, there has not been any mass shootings in LA yet, least I can remember recently.

Searching, Maine's laws on person to person gun sales are very similar to ours. https://www.cashforarms.com/blogs/how-to-sell-a-gun-in-maine

Can I buy a gun in Maine without a license?​

Yes, you can buy a gun in Maine without a license. Maine does not require a state license or permit to purchase a gun. There are no purchase permits, handgun registration or waiting periods for handguns in the state.

Last edited:

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Absolutely not. But I believe as a responsible gun owner in Louisiana, one should use some level of common sense in a private sale. I put it right in my ad listings I want to see your LA DL at time of the transaction. Not to record anything but see you are a resident of LA. And write out a simple BOS. Quite a few guys here seem to give a flying f*ck where their firearm ends up, long as they get their money. Until their child gets shot or killed in their school, then they will be crying like a baby saying "why, why".

Lots of people who are a danger to society are not currently locked up. People who are arrested then released on bond. Or people who are out on parole. People with real mental illness walking the streets every single day. Quite a few with anger issues, just look at the road rage today. Shootings and killings most every day in NOLA now. NOLA justice is like a revolving door for the last 2 or 3 years. Covid had a huge impact on it, criminal courts shutdown for 12 or 18 months.

Thankfully, there has not been any mass shootings in LA yet, least I can remember recently.

Searching, Maine's laws on person to person gun sales are very similar to ours. https://www.cashforarms.com/blogs/how-to-sell-a-gun-in-maine

Can I buy a gun in Maine without a license?​

Yes, you can buy a gun in Maine without a license. Maine does not require a state license or permit to purchase a gun. There are no purchase permits, handgun registration or waiting periods for handguns in the state.
    I do completely agree with showing state ID of both people involved in any transaction, and a BOS. That covers/protects everyone involved in the transaction.

I agree with any information on the state ID being logged onto the BOS as well.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I realize people can lie and be deceptive in a transaction, but make an attempt to do the right thing. Don't just sell your Glock 17 or AR-15 to anyone with $500 in their hands. Out of a car window........SMH.
    Details such as these are why I wouldn't sell OR BUY a firearm without showing ID and completing a BOS.
    I could buy without a BOS, pay cash, then the seller reports it stolen, now I'm a felon and the seller gets their gun back AND has my cash. Nope. There will be a BOS in the hands of both parties.

Cover
    Your
    A$$

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Top Bottom