Active Shooter: Tennessee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ill take Emperor. He can fund the matching uniforms.

Oh that's a good one. I get the 30 or so spammers we banned last month from various middle-eastern countries. They shall begin spam calling you and everyone you know.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    What just happened here?

Back to the topic at hand.... Why can't these suicidal fools just use a rope or a handful of pills like back in the good ol days? If they want to be made famous by their death, just perform Seppuku in a shopping mall or some place with CCTV. It'll end up on Liveleak and they'll forever be remembered.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What just happened here?

Back to the topic at hand.... Why can't these suicidal fools just use a rope or a handful of pills like back in the good ol days? If they want to be made famous by their death, just perform Seppuku in a shopping mall or some place with CCTV. It'll end up on Liveleak and they'll forever be remembered.

I hate it for the officers, etc. because even though it's justified its still not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I hate it for the officers, etc. because even though it's justified its still not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More so, I hate it for all involved. It's terrible that so many people have to suffer at the expense of some maniac with a death with. Furthermore, the fact that it garners national TV attention just doesn't help. If the news stations didn't report it, people wouldn't be as apt to do it (in my opinion).

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I'm confused as to how everyone goes about life looking for all of the property owners signs/rights I mean is there an app for that or something lol?

Couldn't resist... I do my best but I can't say I go out of my way.

How do ya'll keep track of it? I understand some of you are off duty leo and are protected by the law. So if I'm correct isn't this a gray area were some people are allowed to and some are not?

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ive also got your # and access to some of the most delightful people of north baton rouge who owe me favors.

Ok, then I will form my own team called "Team Me". I have two hands so I can deal with US and THEM at the same time.

I am not worried about the delightful people, most of the ones within a 2 mile radius of Plank/Airline don't want their momma knowing that really was her silver spoon for sale.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yep if you want to die just shoot your damn self, don't hurt other people or make a LEO kill you.

That is what the majority of mentally people will do when they want to die. We have over 30,000 suicides a year in the US. Very little attention to paid to all these suicides by the media. The suicide rate for veterans is at an all time high and few people seem to care.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Despite all the attention on these few incidents, I would think the real danger of a movie theater is getting mugged in the back of the parking lot on the way out. I'd be willing to bet that those injured or killed in these recent incidents would fit into the normal up and down in the numbers of people caught in violent crime on movie theater property on an annual basis. Yet people are deciding not to go to the movies because of these few incidents, perfectly ok with the much more realistic risk I mentioned. Personally I haven't gone to a movie in years because I don't feel the product is worth the price, but I wouldn't be dissuaded by these incidents. But I would do my best to park up front and by some good lighting, and I would like to carry so I could protect my family from some trash blowing through the parking lot.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I also want to add that I have carried in a theater many times, If I don't see a sign, I carry there. My game plan if there was a psycho shooting the place up was to get my family and move out with the largest crowd, playing the deadliest game of sharks and fishes ever. A dimly lit theater with panicked people moving about, other CC people possibly around, and police on the way is not where I want to put my skills to the test.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So instead of violating the property owners rights, why not avoid the location? Thats what I would do. If I cannot carry legally, i do not go. Simple. Again, i have not said anything about LEO, you are the one bringing that up. You are flat out saying that your rights outweigh the property owners because it is how you feel.

I just go elsewhere.

This is me. If it's a place that is not on the forbidden list but has made it clear they don't want armed citizens there, I don't go. They have made it clear they are doing well enough financially that they do not need the money of the CHP Community. Fair enough.

As for theaters, who needs 'em? Most of them are overpriced $hitholes, anyway. I'm not a germophobe- but I'd hate to see most of those seats under a blacklight. :zombie: :dogkeke:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    What just happened here?

Because in the world of the disturbed it's the trendy thing to do. That simple

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    wow, ok nvm.

in the time it took to type my response, this thread expanded like 2 pages. im gunna go grab coffee, ill be ready in a few minutes.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I also want to add that I have carried in a theater many times, If I don't see a sign, I carry there. My game plan if there was a psycho shooting the place up was to get my family and move out with the largest crowd, playing the deadliest game of sharks and fishes ever. A dimly lit theater with panicked people moving about, other CC people possibly around, and police on the way is not where I want to put my skills to the test.

This is kind of where I was headed earlier. People that say sit back and wait for the police are not advocating a "police state", they are just experienced enough to be aware of the logistics of a gunfight in a loud dark room packed full of panicking people. The only way I see a ccw-er (somewhat) winning that scenario is if they happen to be seated behind the bastard when he opens fire. Do math on those odds. Even so, consider that a responding officer enters the room and sees your muzzle blast and the bad guy drop - care to guess what happens next? Its a sh*t show no matter how you slice it, which is why they do it and will continue until there is an answer.

I'm not saying tuck tail and hide from going to the movies, but streaming movies at home just has so many more advantages. Pause/rewind button, bathroom, fridge and booze, and all at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cruisewitro
    Top Bottom