Age 21

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    The military allows 18-21 years olds, to maintain nuclear power plants, repair billion dollar aircraft, handle sensitive information, rescue hostages in combat environments and they perform.
    sometimes bad people, do bad things, regardless of age, religion or gender.
    One should count the US population, next count the number of people that are 18 - 21 in that population, and finally count the number, of 18-21 year olds that have "LEGALLY" purchased
    an AR15 and killed innocent people. a grain of sand on a miami beach.

What if the majority of shooters where white men, of a Baptiste background, and drank mountain dew before shootings.
    Its Silly, Gun Laws and amendments to gun laws, only affect, law abiding citizens. Law abiding citizens aren't shooting people, why are they being punished?

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    When I turned 21 I was already married for 2 years, my son was 6 months old, and i was at the end of my 4 year term of enlistment in the Army station in Baghdad Iraq for a 12 month tour. Then when i came home for mid-tour i still couldn't drink. Not everyone is immature at the age of 18-21.

That doesn't matter. Some parents failed to raise their kids to be mature contributing members of society, so all 18 - 20 year olds have to suffer for it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you have to be 21 to purchase a firearm then:

You should have to be 21 to enter into a contract.(This includes cell phone contracts)

You should have to be 21 to vote.

You should be 21 to be able to enter military service.

You should be 21 to be able to operate a motor vehicle.

Anyone under 18 can currently enter into a contract, it is just voidable at the minor's discretion.

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington
    Raising the age to 21 will do nothing to stop these events from happening. The majority of the people whom have committed these horrible events were over 21. So once again it's more gun control that doesn't do anything to fix the problem. The problem is our culture in America today. Until that changes these events will happen frequently.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Raising the age to 21 will do nothing to stop these events from happening. The majority of the people whom have committed these horrible events were over 21. So once again it's more gun control that doesn't do anything to fix the problem. The problem is our culture in America today. Until that changes these events will happen frequently.

What would you do to fix the problem?

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington

I'm not pretending I have the solution to the problem. Changing the morals and values of Americans isn't a simple problem to fix. People don't value human life as they once did and that's not easy to change. It doesn't help when the media makes these people famous for being a mass murderer. It only encourages others to do the same thing. I'm open to suggestions also but making more laws and regulations hasn't worked in the past and I don't see it working now.

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Duh, the clear fix for all of this is to outlaw murder. I can't believe someone hasn't come up with that simple solution. Now, I'm not a lawyer, so any of you law doctors jump in here and tell me if I'm going off the rails, but if murder is against the law, none of these shootings could have EVER happened, because... laws, right?

I can't believe I have to solve everyone's problems all of the time... (mike drop)

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

In this last school school shooting? We could start by following up on all the warning signs.

Raise the age to whatever you want. They will then buy a used gun or steal someone else’s gun. Raising the age to 21 is just a (feel good) bill.

I don’t always agree with you but I admit you do have great ideas lots of the time. So please tell us how you would approach this?

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    The reason I will continually ask everyone what they would do to fix the problem is simple.

You can complain that something needs to be done, but without a solution, you're just rambling.

Following up on warning signs is a good start, as bigtattoo stated. How do we do that?

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

The only thing "he" can do is to ensure he raises his kids to understand right vs. wrong, value human life, and be a moral and productive member of society. That's all any of us can really do. This is way beyond what can the gov't do to help. If families don't step up and take responsibility in actually raising their kids, this will never change. We could raise the age to 30 for all it matters. There are still many 30 year olds who have the mentality of a pre-teen because no one taught them any better.

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington
    If the laws and regulations already in place we're enforced most of the people like these murderers wouldn't have legal access to firearms. Doesn't mean they won't get one, just not legally. It's also impossible to prevent every single one because you never truly know what's going on in someone's head. Sometimes people snap without a warning.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    The only thing "he" can do is to ensure he raises his kids to understand right vs. wrong, value human life, and be a moral and productive member of society. That's all any of us can really do. This is way beyond what can the gov't do to help. If families don't step up and take responsibility in actually raising their kids, this will never change. We could raise the age to 30 for all it matters. There are still many 30 year olds who have the mentality of a pre-teen because no one taught them any better.

This guy gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes people snap without a warning.

Sounds like a problem with no solution.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I'm already doing this with my children but I'll pose the same question to you. What's your solution to the problem? I've never considered discussion of a problem as rambling but that's just me.

Discussing that it IS a problem, is just rambling. It's already understand that it's an issue, since it's illegal. Discussing a solution to the problem is constructive.

I educate as many people as I can, that are willing to learn. I try not to publicly force my opinion on anyone, nor do I typically discuss firearms in public. I work with self-proclaimed gun owners that scoff at anyone's opinion that differs from their own (sounds familiar right?) The topic the other day was about Mississippi's constitutional carry and enhanced carry permit. A lot of head butting went on by two gun owners with opposing views. I just watched.

Many gun owners are untrained.
    Many gun owners don't own a safe.
    Many gun owners don't know how to operate their firearm.

In my opinion, the way we prevent this is through education.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge

The solution to this and most other social problems we face is PARENTING... no doubt about it

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Shockingly, CNN posted this as an actual opinion piece, instead of a hard news story....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/opinions/raising-boys-violence-opinion-drexler/index.html

So, she clearly thinks that Pre-1980s, (when there were almost no mass shootings) men were so much more in touch with their emotions and had societally acceptable methods of venting those emotions and cried all the time, and that's why they didn't shoot the place up. But now we make men repress feelings, resulting in today's macho manly man that has no other outlet than killing people. What happened to those touchy feely emotional men of yesteryear that cried all the time and had empathy for every flower on the earth? Clearly she has never met anyone over the age of 60. What a bunch of horseshit...

Last edited:

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington
    Discussing that it IS a problem, is just rambling. It's already understand that it's an issue, since it's illegal. Discussing a solution to the problem is constructive.

I educate as many people as I can, that are willing to learn. I try not to publicly force my opinion on anyone, nor do I typically discuss firearms in public. I work with self-proclaimed gun owners that scoff at anyone's opinion that differs from their own (sounds familiar right?) The topic the other day was about Mississippi's constitutional carry and enhanced carry permit. A lot of head butting went on by two gun owners with opposing views. I just watched.

Many gun owners are untrained.
    Many gun owners don't own a safe.
    Many gun owners don't know how to operate their firearm.

In my opinion, the way we prevent this is through education.

Well personally I am trying to be constructive in this discussion. I agree education and parenting are two huge steps in the right direction. Fixing a broken system that would work very well if it worked as its designed is another. Mental health issues can be tricky to deal with but I don't feel educated enough on that subject to give my two cents. As I first said the subject of raising the age is trivial in my opinion. What about a free safety course before purchasing a firearm for the first time? We teach sex ed in school why not firearm safety?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The reason I will continually ask everyone what they would do to fix the problem is simple.

You can complain that something needs to be done, but without a solution, you're just rambling.

Following up on warning signs is a good start, as bigtattoo stated. How do we do that?

How do you follow up on a person that makes threats to shoot up a school, neighbors call complaining about the way he’s acting and family members begging LE to take away his guns because he is not right? You have him committed and evaluated.

Top Bottom