Age 21

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    How do you follow up on a person that makes threats to shoot up a school, neighbors call complaining about the way he’s acting and family members begging LE to take away his guns because he is not right? You have him committed and evaluated.

I'm fairly certain there are protocols for this.

If those protocols were not followed, how do you fix that?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm fairly certain there are protocols for this.

If those protocols were not followed, how do you fix that?

I would hope the responsible people would resign. But I’m sure there’s protocols for that also.

But again what do you think?

Last edited:

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I would hope the responsible people would resign. But I’m sure there’s protocols for that also.

But again what do you think?

I think it needs to be addressed by the folks in charge.

I do not work for that S.O. or have anything to do with that state, so I will sit back and see what they do.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I think it needs to be addressed by the folks in charge.

I do not work for that S.O. or have anything to do with that state, so I will sit back and see what they do.

I was just asking for a opinion. I never thought anyone on BS was a Florida lawmaker. Now I’m confused why you ask what people in this thread think if you just plan to sit back and see what they do anyway....

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I'm wondering if we should embrace the age 21 rule. Its already the drinking age. lets face it, 21 year olds today are not as mature as some of us were at that age. Nope... lets just accept that they're not mature enough, nor are they mature enough to vote. Lets change the age of majority across the board. Then lets watch and see how fast the democrats run from this so they don't have to give up all those snowflake voters!

Under federal law there is NO minimal age to purchase a firearm there are only state restrictions. At least they" the federal government" is taking a stand and setting an age.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well lets see, Son could not rent a carpet shampooer since he's not 21.
    Ban all others from voting and owning firearms who does not own land Must be 21 to vote, Both male and female banned from voting until they become landowners.
    School prayer and national anthem 1st. thing in the morning before school starts.

And the race is on, AR's being sold by the handfull's today. DICKS/Field and Stream pulled all AR-15s off the shelf last night!

onebadrc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2015
    West Monroe, LA
    No new laws, rules, regulations, etc., etc. Roll back, repeal, nullify all the ineffectual laws, rules, regulations, etc., etc. we have now. Hold the one person who broke the law accountable. That's what we do to protect the freedom and liberty of the rest of us. Just my opinion. It will never happen.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    The military allows 18-21 years olds, to maintain nuclear power plants, repair billion dollar aircraft, handle sensitive information, rescue hostages in combat environments and they perform.
    sometimes bad people, do bad things, regardless of age, religion or gender.
    One should count the US population, next count the number of people that are 18 - 21 in that population, and finally count the number, of 18-21 year olds that have "LEGALLY" purchased
    an AR15 and killed innocent people. a grain of sand on a miami beach.

What if the majority of shooters where white men, of a Baptiste background, and drank mountain dew before shootings.
    Its Silly, Gun Laws and amendments to gun laws, only affect, law abiding citizens. Law abiding citizens aren't shooting people, why are they being punished?

Here, here! Well put.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Under federal law there is NO minimal age to purchase a firearm there are only state restrictions. At least they" the federal government" is taking a stand and setting an age.

Not even the safe streets act of 1968? I believe that included 21yoa to purchase handguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The first thing we need to do is start holding parents accountable for their kids actions. Why are teens and pre-teens roaming the neighborhood at midnight past curfew? Penalize the parents every time you catch them out. Make it more trouble for the parents to have to get the kids than it is to supervise them.

Bayou Boys

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Abita Springs La.
    If you cant own a gun then they cant join the military till they are 21. End of story, I would not have the guts to ask a person to die for my freedom if he' or she cant own a gun till age 21. Would you have a clear conscience asking them to? Only a democrat would!!!!1

Top Bottom