Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Last thing I’m going to say on this because it’s redundant. There is no evidence he stole anything from within the construction site. It was daytime and you could easily see if he was packing things away. The site owners never called the police when he was caught the first time, so apparently they didn’t want to go to court for the trial, this is usually the case. It would be a totally different scenario
    If the home next door is occupied and you see someone climbing out of their window, in the middle of the night with a tv and jewelry ,armed
    With a gun. The duo here is in a bind. There is going to be no victim of a burglary therefore I’m not sure how the law will cover them. The dead guy could easily be seen to have thought he had no other choice but to fight after he has already tried running away from them. It could be spun a thousand different ways and not many look good for the duo. If it’s not a life or death situation then the best bet is to be a great witness for when the police show up and not take action on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe it will come out that the site owner called the neighbor who did call 911.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is still the USA. They still get their day in court. Wouldn't matter if they are white, black, brown, purple, or polka-dotted! This is way too quick to condemn before adjudication.

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal concept. People are welcome to jump to whatever conclusions they want as fast as they want. And aren't some people in here jumping to the "they're innocent" conclusion based on an incomplete set of facts?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And we are assuming he saw the other guy in the back of the truck. Tunnel vision is a real thing. There are way too many variables and unanswered questions but there is a lot of be learned from this. These families are forever changed all for what amounts to trespassing. Crazy

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I don't know if that was said at the earlier confrontation but I'm pretty sure they weren't exchanging Instant Pot recipes.

Now that’s just malfeasance on the part of the decedent.
    If he’d had an earlier run-in with those guys he’d have known they’re healthy Southern boys who like to eat.
    And being in the deep South, who doesn’t love a good wing?
    I know they both look like no strangers to a mess ‘o wings... just sayin.
    So, were he at all culturally competent, he would have at least brought an air fryer wing recipe along, cuz ain’t nobody got time to prep an instant pot.
    Something using Frank’s Red Hot sauce and melted butter is best with Ranch being a close second.
    Had he offered up this recipe to those armed assailants he’d have heard the sweet sweet sound of a hasty retreat as they lowered their weapons and rushed home to get their wings on.
    Make wings, not war.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    Where are the drug tests for Arbery.Because there's no way that guy wasn't on
    something.Ive seen many shotgun shell blasts to the human body and I can guarantee
    no regular human can recover from 1 shotgun blast,let alone 3 and keep moving.
    Somethings up with that!!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    something.Ive seen many shotgun shell blasts to the human body and I can guarantee

Well that's just not true. As long as someone doesn't have their central nervous system shut down, they can continue to function quite well for a lot longer than most people think.

Plus, he didn't recover from the blasts.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Innocent until proven guilty is a legal concept. People are welcome to jump to whatever conclusions they want as fast as they want. And aren't some people in here jumping to the "they're innocent" conclusion based on an incomplete set of facts?

Yes! People are welcomed to jump to the conclusion of guilt if they want! And opinions are like, well you know; the starfish designs on our backsides!

I don't know about some people, I am basing my conclusion (or rather the presumption of innocence), on the US Bill of Rights. The rush to the presumption of guilt is not really addressed in the same fashion!

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    286dc1a790921e93711e3a7ee8b2dc97.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Now that’s just malfeasance on the part of the decedent.
    If he’d had an earlier run-in with those guys he’d have known they’re healthy Southern boys who like to eat.
    And being in the deep South, who doesn’t love a good wing?
    I know they both look like no strangers to a mess ‘o wings... just sayin.
    So, were he at all culturally competent, he would have at least brought an air fryer wing recipe along, cuz ain’t nobody got time to prep an instant pot.
    Something using Frank’s Red Hot sauce and melted butter is best with Ranch being a close second.
    Had he offered up this recipe to those armed assailants he’d have heard the sweet sweet sound of a hasty retreat as they lowered their weapons and rushed home to get their wings on.
    Make wings, not war.

"On Monday, May 11, 2020, Attorney General Chris Carr requested that the GBI open an investigation into a case involving possible prosecutorial misconduct by the offices of the District Attorneys of the Brunswick and Waycross Judicial Circuits."

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-relea...-conduct-investigation-handling-ahmaud-arbery

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes! People are welcomed to jump to the conclusion of guilt if they want! And opinions are like, well you know; the starfish designs on our backsides!

I don't know about some people, I am basing my conclusion (or rather the presumption of innocence), on the US Bill of Rights. The rush to the presumption of guilt is not really addressed in the same fashion!

Perhaps you and I have a different version of the bill of rights.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Last thing I’m going to say on this because it’s redundant. There is no evidence he stole anything from within the construction site. It was daytime and you could easily see if he was packing things away. The site owners never called the police when he was caught the first time, so apparently they didn’t want to go to court for the trial, this is usually the case. It would be a totally different scenario
    If the home next door is occupied and you see someone climbing out of their window, in the middle of the night with a tv and jewelry ,armed
    With a gun. The duo here is in a bind. There is going to be no victim of a burglary therefore I’m not sure how the law will cover them. The dead guy could easily be seen to have thought he had no other choice but to fight after he has already tried running away from them. It could be spun a thousand different ways and not many look good for the duo. If it’s not a life or death situation then the best bet is to be a great witness for when the police show up and not take action on your own.

Exactly.

If anyone wants this to be a learning experience for them, I think the big takeaway is not to try this at home. In Louisiana, if you start a fight and they fight back, and you kill them, you will have a much tougher time claiming self defense.

Pro-gun as I am, I generally find myself giving a "self-defense" shooter the benefit of the doubt. But I think these guys are the worst. Really really dumb actions on their part over what looks like, at worst, trespassing. To top it off, they had complained about "break-ins" in the area... but I read that the only recent theft in the area recently was from one of the McMichaels. They left a gun in an unlocked truck out front their house. Yuck. These two are the absolute worst sort of gun owners. Wildly irresponsible. They give the rest of us a bad name. "legal" or not, this sucks.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    Sorry...that case popped into my head when i read your post. Yes, it's not advisable to grab a shotgun. I only saw a quick clip of the video and only saw it once. From what I understand, grabbing the shotgun may have been Ahmaud Arbery's best option.
    100% agree. If two vehicles are chasing you while you are running from them, then one drives past and blocks you and gets out with a gun, you know they already have it on their mind. You’ve already tried flight, only thing left is fight.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Honestly, I think the only thing Ahmaud Arbery did wrong was not carry a firearm himself... I'm usually not on the side of the person who got shot, because usually they did something to provoke it, but in this case, it sounds like the people in the truck completely provoked the incident. They were not responding to a crime in progress. If I have a group of guys trying to run me down in a truck, and one hops out with a shotgun, im probably going to feel my life being threatened and defend my self as well.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think the DA is wrong here. They were not "following in hot pursuit of a burglary suspect". They saw a guy jogging and deemed him a burglary suspect.

Time will certainly tell as more video evidence is released/leaked. I think it's a little early to judge either side as being right/wrong when the complete story isn't available to the public just yet.

Top Bottom