Airsoft Accident

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Also, the orange tip law in the US is a myth. It only applies to the manufacturer and retail outlets, not the end user. I use a suppressor instead of an orange tip.

Certain states may have more restrictive laws in place.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Hey, I play Airsoft. I wear camouflage. I don't wear any patches or full gear though. (There are people take Mil-Sim a bit too far)

I like shooting people with small plastic BBs because I can engage at much greater ranges than paintball (30yds vs 110yds). Hits are called on the honor system...if d-bags don't call hits then they get what's coming to them...pain. It's not quite like paintball in the fact that the BBs can break skin, the idea of calling your hits is to not wind up with chicken pox.

And to be honest, I could have built a very nice AR15 for what I put into my Airsoft M16. But I don't get the opportunity to have fun with real guns as much as I do toy guns. :rofl:

What kind of accuracy do you get at 110yds. I am just curious as to what it takes to do this with airsoft. I probably would never go the airsoft route, but that doesn't mean all airsofters should die! I never figured airsoft would go that far or even be accurate. For my shooting pellet rifles are good enough.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    The higher-end airsoft guns have adjustable "hop-up," or something like that. Basically, it's backspin. I don't know how far they'll shoot, but one of the guys' rifles could keep the bb level until it had almost no more forward movement.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What kind of accuracy do you get at 110yds. I am just curious as to what it takes to do this with airsoft. I probably would never go the airsoft route, but that doesn't mean all airsofters should die! I never figured airsoft would go that far or even be accurate. For my shooting pellet rifles are good enough.

At 110 it's very dependent on the conditions, the gun setup and the weight of the BB. On average I think the accuracy is within a 7' area. (not that accurate compared to a real gun, but for a plastic bb it's incredibly so). It's not a flat shot at that distance by any means, I usually have to aim about 20' over a target and let the bbs drop. Although within 50yds it's a straight shot.

I use a 509mm x 6.01mm precision barrel, full custom (self-built) gearbox/piston assembly and a special soft bucking material (for clean engagement of the bb backspin). The suppressor actually functions and adds another 50mm to the overall length.

I normally use single fire, but if I need to go rock-n-roll mode I can lay down ~25bb/s.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    At 110 it's very dependent on the conditions, the gun setup and the weight of the BB. On average I think the accuracy is within a 7' area. (not that accurate compared to a real gun, but for a plastic bb it's incredibly so). It's not a flat shot at that distance by any means, I usually have to aim about 20' over a target and let the bbs drop. Although within 50yds it's a straight shot.

I use a 509mm x 6.01mm precision barrel, full custom (self-built) gearbox/piston assembly and a special soft bucking material (for clean engagement of the bb backspin). The suppressor actually functions and adds another 50mm to the overall length.

I normally use single fire, but if I need to go rock-n-roll mode I can lay down ~25bb/s.

Thank you & JHenley17 for the replies.
    So I am pretty impressed and the backspin thing is pretty smart. Not bad for a guy "Who only pretend to know what I'm talking about".

Once again the ability of some folks to be able to think for themselves wins out over negativity. I am going to shoot my air rifle out to longer distances at some point and see how they fare out.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My .22 RWS Diana could pretty accurately reach out to 200yds with magnum pellets. There was a bit of drop though, I think holdover was 15' or so

Top Bottom