AK-47 Open Carry*** His response Post#97

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yea, I'm 27. Maybe there's still some youthful hope that the world hasn't raped out of me yet. :mamoru:

I haven't ever considered carrying my AK slung across my back before. I've walked around plenty with my AR before, though, just not in such dense urban settings. Just around the house, at a public park campground, and what not. Amongst a couple other reasons, I was trying out a new sling to see how I like the fancy fandangled thing.

I still open carry quite often.. however it's typically reserved for my BHP or M&P9. Tell you what. Maybe one day I'll look into Louisiana's laws more in depth (before I lay my ass on the line) and go out for a cup of joe at CCs or something. Would be interesting to see what happens.

It'll have to wait until I get one of those pocket audio/video recorders though. If I'm going to do something like that, I'm pretty sure the internet demands "PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN" :D

Gonna be buying a camera Friday... maybe I'll check out their pocket audio recorders too. Then I can confront the POLICE STATE SOLDIERS and tell them I'M A LEGAL CITIZEN and kick dirt at them and stuff. I'll be cool then, right?

Ahhh, you show your newbiness....:o

It is common knowledge that in the OC circles, level of cool is directly proportional to the resale value of your state supplied means on two-wheeled conveyance.

:mamoru:

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I will not argue that comparison and if I saw the same fella with a pistol I would still be slightly alarmed but way less than a guy with a rifle, ak or otherwise.

For me it boils down to this, I understand being legally allowed to do this, and understand his rights to do so. I am not saying it should be illegal, just have respect for other people and what the general public may precieve as a loon waiting to start his killing spree. We do not live in a third world country where people strapped with rifles is common place. Being as it is not common to se someone, outside of law enforcement and military, openly carrying, when you do it you will most asuredly bring unwanted atention to yourself. At this point, especialy this particular case, you are a **** stirer, antagonizer, general tool bag. Get over yourself and expressing your rights and respect other peoples right to go about their day without worying about citizen joe schmo with the evil assalt rifle.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Ahhh, you show your newbiness....:o

It is common knowledge that in the OC circles, level of cool is directly proportional to the resale value of your state supplied means on two-wheeled conveyance.

:mamoru:

:rofl:
    So you're saying kicking dirt isn't gonna get me better than a moderately priced Suzuki cruiser, then? Noted!

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I haven't ever considered carrying my AK slung across my back before. I've walked around plenty with my AR before, though, just not in such dense urban settings. Just around the house, at a public park campground, and what not.

This is a big part of my issue with this guy, time and place.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I haven't ever considered carrying my AK slung across my back before. I've walked around plenty with my AR before, though, just not in such dense urban settings. Just around the house, at a public park campground, and what not.
    This is a big part of my issue with this guy, time and place.

But a true freedom is free to be exercised in any time or place (as long as it does not infringe on another's rights).

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

But a true freedom is free to be exercised in any time or place (as long as it does not infringe on another's rights).

But it scares the wimmen folk.

And I guess the ultimate question is does that constitute an infringement on others rights if your actions or inactions frighten them?

We have plenty of laws that are attempts to stop behavior before it "physicallly" affects another- DUI, unsafe vehicle, local building codes, etc.

As with everything in a human society, there is no getting off the slippery slop, it is slippery both ways. Where you decide to plant your feet and dig your claws that defines you.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    But there is no right to not be afraid. So my openly carrying a gun does not infringe on your rights, regardless of whether it scares you.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville

Again not arguing the right to do so, just the common sense that should be used in expressing said rights.

let me pose this question, lets say it is legal in LA for me to sling my AK on my shoulder and go for a walk(not sure if it is nor do I care cause I do not have the desire or see the need, yet) now lets say I am going for a stroll in your neck of the woods, now you don't know me from Adam and see me out for my stroll. You are telling me you would see me walking by your house, place of business, what have you. Would you just say oh he is just expressing his rights, we are not in a firearms free zone, nothing to worry about.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    But there is no right to not be afraid. So my openly carrying a gun does not infringe on your rights, regardless of whether it scares you.

I would argue that the ultimate right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness trumps any ammendment.

In my opinon, if one were justly in a state of fear, that is not conducive to the pursuit of happiness.

It is not illegal for me to drive in front your house, but if I do it everydy and park in front and watch you and your family and take pictures, it could become legally stalking as you are no longer able to pursue your life due to fear. I have not done anything in an of itself uillegal, but my presence alone is enough to establish a state of fear.

Look, I know it is very hard for us to view this outside the myopic view of our own affinity for firearms, but put something else in its place.

Snakes. I hate snakes, even non-poisonous ones, and if you kept putting on in my face, it could cause me much fear and anguish. I think my right to pursue happiness in that situation trumps your right to be a snake waiving as shat.

Now, if you keep your snake in your dance area and secure it so i do not have to interact with it, then you are exercising your right and I am pursuing my happiness.

trolling down the street with an AK flagging down cops so you can educate them is putting your snake in certain people's faces. Technically legal...until it is not anymore.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Well said NOLA, I too can relate to your story of your student days.

A few years ago I used to frequent a scarcely populated bar on occasion for a beer or two before my drive home a few hundred feet away. The bartender was a student at Tulane from Washington which I enjoyed conversing with sometimes conversely. One day the topic of flag burning was brought up and I adamantly told him that even though those that do it have the right, they would not do it in front of me ( I too was in the Misguided Childrens' ward). I told him for six years I saluted that flag twice a day, and I considered those that desecrate it I would consider pissing on the graves that gave their lives for it. I reiterated....they would NOT burn it in front of me.

The point brought up about the ideological application of the bible brings up the point of this: Are those that chose to follow the chose to follow the 2A trying to apply it in it's literal sense to the present, or are they merely reviving what was lost for sake of the progression of perceived civility?

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Again not arguing the right to do so, just the common sense that should be used in expressing said rights.

let me pose this question, lets say it is legal in LA for me to sling my AK on my shoulder and go for a walk(not sure if it is nor do I care cause I do not have the desire or see the need, yet) now lets say I am going for a stroll in your neck of the woods, now you don't know me from Adam and see me out for my stroll. You are telling me you would see me walking by your house, place of business, what have you. Would you just say oh he is just expressing his rights, we are not in a firearms free zone, nothing to worry about.

Of course not. I would be expressly aware of that person and watch them like a hawk. But I would not call cops or try to infringe on their right.

So, do you call the cops when you see someone "concealed carrying" but printing or making himself obvious? If not, what is the difference between OC and doing a bad job at CCW?

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I think he had an orgasm when the cop pulled up.:rofl:
    Calm and collected cops doing their job.

Best cop interaction concerning OC I have seen yet. They could not have done it better. If you listen to the whole thing, the guy was denied a CHP for some reason. he is a complete ass and doing it to prove a point.
    It went so well b/c the cops know him so well.
    He's the resident knuckle-head.

The first thing 2nd cop said to him was "Adam...".

Was talking to him like a disappointed father.:mamoru:

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Of course not. I would be expressly aware of that person and watch them like a hawk. But I would not call cops or try to infringe on their right.

So, do you call the cops when you see someone "concealed carrying" but printing or making himself obvious? If not, what is the difference between OC and doing a bad job at CCW?

I would call the cops on that toolbag in the yootoobz because he's trotting along, TALKING TO HIMSELF (sign of stress or mental imbalance) and because he's walking along a decently major road that doesn't appear to have much of a shoulder.

There's a number of things that -add up- to raise suspicion worth a little check by the cop.

Carrying a gun -alone- is not cause for concern by me. Just extra awareness.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

The difference, among other things, is that one could reasonably determine while taking the totality of the circumstances. Into account, that someone who is printing most likely has a permit and at minimum has gone through some level of training and background check.

That is completely different than someone walking down the street with a public ally recognizable "assualt rifle" with the specific and visually recorded intent to cause alarm and fear to incite a police response.

Apples or oranges.... Your preference.;)

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    And NOLA, you use the metaphor of open-carrying and holding a snake.

People are afraid of snakes because they are uneducated and ignorant of them. Snakes are very safe to handle an interact with if you are educated and knowledgeable about them. Similar to firearms. Peo

I agree. Great point, but I am slightly knowledgeable about snakes, but I still do not like them. Just like fat chicks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom