AK-47 Open Carry*** His response Post#97

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    The difference, among other things, is that one could reasonably determine while taking the totality of the circumstances. Into account, that someone who is printing most likely has a permit and at minimum has gone through some level of training and background check.

That is completely different than someone walking down the street with a public ally recognizable "assualt rifle" with the specific and visually recorded intent to cause alarm and fear to incite a police response.

Apples or oranges.... Your preference.;)

Firearm ownership, use, and carrying requires no training. Is it a good idea? Yes, but not a requirement.

How can you judge intent by the fact that a man is simply carrying a rifle?

See, I have no problem with the fact that the police stopped the guy to talk to him. I have a problem with all of the supposed gun lovers on here that begrudge this man for using his 2nd amendment right whatever his motivation may have been.

*Edit* Actually i do have a problem with being stopped for exercising a constitutionally protected right. I guess I should say that I understand why the cops did it, because people aren't educated and aware enough of those rights. Could it be possible that was the original intent of the guy who made the video?'

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Firearm ownership, use, and carrying requires no training. Is it a good idea? Yes, but not a requirement.

How can you judge intent by the fact that a man is simply carrying a rifle?

See, I have no problem with the fact that the police stopped the guy to talk to him. I have a problem with all of the supposed gun lovers on here that begrudge this man for using his 2nd amendment right whatever his motivation may have been.

*Edit* Actually i do have a problem with being stopped for exercising a constitutionally protected right. I guess I should say that I understand why the cops did it, because people aren't educated and aware enough of those rights. Could it be possible that was the original intent of the guy who made the video?'

SO when the cops get a call of a man walking down the street with a rifle, they should ignore it?

What happens when he walks into his wife's work and kills everyone?

Should the fireman wait until they see flames as smoke is not necessarily a fire?

No, they will investigate. If the guy is obeying the law, send him on his way.

Until people stop walking into public places and mass murdering strangers, people with guns openly displayed will be cause for concern.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    SO when the cops get a call of a man walking down the street with a rifle, they should ignore it?

What happens when he walks into his wife's work and kills everyone?

Should the fireman wait until they see flames as smoke is not necessarily a fire?

No, they will investigate. If the guy is obeying the law, send him on his way.

Until people stop walking into public places and mass murdering strangers, people with guns openly displayed will be cause for concern.

Then based upon your argument, we should all open carry more. So that the public can see more examples of weapons being carried in everyday life and not situations that result in mass killings.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Then based upon your argument, we should all open carry more. So that the public can see more examples of weapons being carried in everyday life and not situations that result in mass killings.

In theory yes, and if i thought that would truly work, I would be the biggest proponent. But when one studies the trends in our current society and social personality, it is evident that it will get much worse before it gets better.

That is why I said I believe it will be due to increases in violence where not being armed is no longer an option that will bring gun ownership and use into the forefront. Of course,with that increase there will be a consummate increase in bad shoots, negligence, and general asshattery also. So is the way with human beings.

When you are dealing with sentient beings capable of free will, you have to take the good with the bad.:hs:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Your response to someone being afraid of a snake or gun is to put the snake/gun away as not to offend them.

My response is to try to educate them on why they should not be afraid.

I do not feel that gun owners should have to slink around like we are doing something wrong just because other people are afraid of it because they have not been exposed and educated.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    In theory yes, and if i thought that would truly work, I would be the biggest proponent. But when one studies the trends in our current society and social personality, it is evident that it will get much worse before it gets better.

That is why I said I believe it will be due to increases in violence where not being armed is no longer an option that will bring gun ownership and use into the forefront. Of course,with that increase there will be a consummate increase in bad shoots, negligence, and general asshattery also. So is the way with human beings.

When you are dealing with sentient beings capable of free will, you have to take the good with the bad.:hs:

Actually this post just makes me realize that we agree on more than we disagree on. Nice chatting with you.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Many of the later posts seem to be leading up to what I was eluding to earlier: If more weapons were safely displayed publicly, would this eventually lead to complacency, or would it "rub peoples' noses in it"?

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Many of the later posts seem to be leading up to what I was eluding to earlier: If more weapons were safely displayed publicly, would this eventually lead to complacency, or would it "rub peoples' noses in it"?

I believe it would lead to understanding and acceptance. But that is just my opinion.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    To summarize:

Some people think the guy's a douche for intentionally stirring up ****.

Some people think that he is "taking one for the team" by raising awareness of the legality of open carry at some personal risk to himself.

Let's look at the film. Does Adam start his venture with a prologue of "let's go educate some people", or does he start his venture with "let's go see what happens, and we might have some excitement if someone calls the cops"?

Verdict: douche

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Ok, so the guy films the grond so we dont know where he lives, However the whole times he's talking to the officers hes showing the badge on side of the car with the county he lives in. WHAT A MORON!

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Perhaps if some of you oh-so-opinionated were old enough to remember back to the 1950's or 1940's, when many folks open carried, you would know that the bias against open carry is just another form of "political correctness"; AND, you would have a very different opinion.

Back in the early years of the 20th century, when anti concealed weapons laws were first instituted, open carry was common all over the US and even (gasp) in England.

Anti-open carry bias is just another way of our enlightened elite's ways of controlling public behavior in an area that they can't get legislation passed to control.

And, all you anti-OC'ers are acting as their stooges in this effort.

When I was young, lots of folks open carried and nothing was ever made of it. It was simply accepted and not commented on by anyone. The atmosphere was a lot more healthy back then AND we had lots less violent crime, too !

leVieux

12secHemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Alexandria, LA
    Hah! Just watched it. The LEO's were so professional and cool with the guy. I know OC is legal and all, I just don't like the kind of attention he KNOWS he will get by the sheeple. Just because it's not illegal to fart in church during prayer doesn't mean you should LOL.

Jack

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I respect the guys right to Open Carry but I also acknowledge the fact that individuals will see this as a deviation from the norm and as a result will vote for more gun laws limiting our freedoms. If you portray the firearm community as a bunch of individuals who don't care about what others think (the others I might add outnumber us) then guess what they will use their stereotyping capabilities and lump us all together as irresponsible individuals. So I am all for this moron doing his thing but I suggest an open carrying advocate who this tool respects to step in a inform him that you catch more bees with honey then vinegar so a more appropriate response would be to be well groomed well spoken and explain to the public that this is a right we have and should hold close to our hearts.

So all in all I agree with what leVieux stated but the huge difference between MLK, Ghandi, and this douche is they where well educated respectable individuals who implemented their rights and portrayed a positive message. This guy in his beaten up sweater toting an AK-47 would be a equivalent to a thugged out degenerate looking MLK or a foul mouthed obese Ghandi stating their concerns through action and I guarantee you, like this gentleman, will not be successful.

Great message shitty delivery.

Last edited:

Malaka

Seeker of Truth
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Covington, LA
    What an ass.

I'm just glad that I can still OC on my bike, everybody knows that's an extension of your home.

Barry%20Gun%20BIke%201.jpg

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    His "explanation." After hearing his explanation, i see he truly is a tactical wizard and the police need to get off his sac! Hearing his side, i see no reson for the cops to hassle this polite and dignified young man who OBVIOUSLY knows the law. LOL

Seriously, it would be poetic justice if some banger just drove by and smoked him since he seems to think he has COD Heartbeat sensor on a HUD in his mind.

LOL. 7:54 he frames his newspaper clipping.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLmp_J5COzA[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom