Alert: Stolen ruger lcp

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    Stolen from my vehicle yesterday while parked at Southeastern University.
    Serial Number 37306xxx

Black on Black.

If you run across an LCP, call me and I can confirm the serial number with my Bill Of Sale from Waggenspack Gun & Reloading Supply.

Thanks,
    Mike

Last edited:

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    I believe it was locked, but I don't see any signs of forced entry.
    According to the officer I spoke to, I can't file the report on the phone, so I am heading there now.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Was it secured in any way aside from being in the car?

No. It was in my console.
    attachment.php

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Sorry to hear that... One option could be to use a set of handcuffs under the seat or in the trunk is even better. Just one of MANY options. No its not 100% but its something.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry to hear that... One option could be to use a set of handcuffs under the seat or in the trunk is even better. Just one of MANY options. No its not 100% but its something.

Except with safety-less guns, this has a high probability of resulting in an AD if the thief tugged on the weapon, which could result in an innocent bystander being injured.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    One shouldn't leave their gun loaded when left behind. Always separate ammo and mag from the gun. Just figured everyone already does that. There are small safes for this also, but a set of handcuffs is only $20.

Last edited:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Hey man, most people don't know this stuff. Do you lock your $600 iPhone in a safe when you get out of the car?

Congratulations, your just supplied some crack head the tool he needed to pull his next robbery. Let's hope he doesn't kill someone in the process.

That $600 iphone isn't going to be used to rob and possibly kill someone. Leaving a firearm unsecured in a vehicle is not only irresponsible it's idiotic. If your insist on leaving a gun in a car then yes, you should have some sort of safe to keep it in.

We already have too many gun laws in this country but one I would be in favor of is "Holding the person who left a firearm in a car unsecured responsible for any crimes committed with that gun."

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Preaching to choir bro. I use a cable lock at my seat belt eyebolt. But, most people don't. They also don't have their serial numbers written down.

No sense in raking a guy over the coals over it, I guarantee you he'll lock his gun up next time.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Wouldn't that be some shi!t if the thief took the slide and left the frame..

Just trying to lighten the mood a little :D

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I used to keep a hand gun locked in my truck. In 2007 someone broke into my vehicle using dealer keys (no damage) and stole it with some other items. They caught the guys down the street breaking into a neighbors patrol unit so I was lucky and got my gun back. The arresting officer found the weapon while he was fighting with the crook, had it tucked in his waistband along with my two extra mags. All I could think was that I was so thankful no one was injured or worse with my weapon due to my negligence. Since then no more firearms left in my vehicle and I bought a safe. I feel we have a responsibility for our firearms and what happens with them I just hate it took this incident for me to realize the gravity of it. Not saying this is what happened here, just my experience.

Preaching to choir bro. I use a cable lock at my seat belt eyebolt. But, most people don't. They also don't have their serial numbers written down.

No sense in raking a guy over the coals over it, I guarantee you he'll lock his gun up next time.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Congratulations, your just supplied some crack head the tool he needed to pull his next robbery. Let's hope he doesn't kill someone in the process.

That $600 iphone isn't going to be used to rob and possibly kill someone. Leaving a firearm unsecured in a vehicle is not only irresponsible it's idiotic. If your insist on leaving a gun in a car then yes, you should have some sort of safe to keep it in.

We already have too many gun laws in this country but one I would be in favor of is "Holding the person who left a firearm in a car unsecured responsible for any crimes committed with that gun."

Gee...seems like we were just talking about this.

Hey- go for it. Watch and see where it leads. Registration. But hey, at least we'll get our man.

Top Bottom