Algiers man shot and killed while trying to save woman from carjacking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'll go along with you and say carrying isn't for everyone. BUT living in New Orleans today without a firearm leaves you 2 options when faced with crime, holding your hands up in the air if you're the victim and dialing 911 if you're a witness. If you don't have a handgun with you you are a fool to think you can intervene in ANY altercation and not stand a good chance getting shot.

How long have you lived in New Orleans before moving to Mississippi?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This is a part of New orleans but it aint the 9th ward.I have seen "cycles" end abruptly here.

Yes, but I'm talking more in general terms than about this specific area. These days, even the so-called "safe" areas are subject to these vermin coming in and committing these type of crimes. Damn shame.....hope they get what they deserve- somehow.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    How long have you lived in New Orleans before moving to Mississippi?

I lived in uptown N.O. for the first 21 years of my life, spent the next 29 years in St. Bernard parish but my parents and sister lived in the city up until Katrina.
    Katrina moved me to Mississippi at age 50.

I bought my first handgun in 1980 when someone changing a flat tire in my schools parking lot was shot and killed in an armed robbery just before I walked to my car. I've carried from that moment on when I was going to N.O. Getting shot in N.O. ain't nothing new but it seems to happen at the drop of a hat now.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I just saw a post on FB that NOPD released the victim's criminal history. They didn't release it on FB so I don't know what was on there but based on the comments it was not clear. Personally, I wish they would release the rap sheet of every victim but to do it selectively doesn't seem right. What do ya'll think?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The vic in this case had an old record, but had found religion and turned his life around. Because of the record, he couldn't be a cop like he wanted, nor could he have gotten a CHP.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/01/good_samaritans_past_puts_nopd.html

In the late 80s he would've been in his early 20s....Although it's never a given and some people never learn from their mistakes, at the very least most of us around his age are NOT the same people we were back then..... It sounds as though his was indeed a case where he had turned his life around for the better. What a tragic situation....

I hope they catch this rat ASAP.....

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    In the late 80s he would've been in his early 20s....Although it's never a given and some people never learn from their mistakes, at the very least most of us around his age are NOT the same people we were back then..... It sounds as though his was indeed a case where he had turned his life around for the better. What a tragic situation....

I hope they catch this rat ASAP.....
    +100 Yes I am no wheres near the same person I was in my late teens!!

mrsfury

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    As well as mailing a check, if you have a Whitney Bank account they can transfer money directly to the Ainsworth fund.

Top Bottom