Ammo companies causing this shortage?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    I remember feeling like that when Clinton was elected.
    Now that you remind me. I was too young to understand politics when he was elected. What I do remember is one of my teachers was a big Clinton fan. She was a really big woman. Many unhealthy women on the left. It makes sense now. Sorry off topic. Back to ammo talk

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    When I got up from bed that night to see what the airboats were doing I was almost up to my knees in water.
    Air boats said last trip in and we left with a change of underclothes in a bag. I dropped my flood insurance the year before the flood after paying my last house note. It was several days before I returned and someone had broken in and cleaned me out.
    This sounds like a true story.
    If it is, I am truly very sorry life dealt you that hand.
    If it's not, good job!

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Now that you remind me. I was too young to understand politics when he was elected. What I do remember is one of my teachers was a big Clinton fan. She was a really big woman. Many unhealthy women on the left. It makes sense now. Sorry off topic. Back to ammo talk
    I definitely see some patterns with women on the left. LOL

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I'm no convinced by disgruntled employee tales, but hey, it gets clicks. It just does not make sense to not sell as much as you can as quickly as you can. Like many have recounted, I felt the first real pinch years ago. We all recall the NOT Cheaper than Dirt prices for ammo only they had in stock. The price they were asking for 380 acp got me started hand loading then and I never looked back.

Buying two pounds of powder when I only 'needed' one. Buying 3k primers when I knew that I would have to find more shelf space for what I was not going to use right away. Bullet casting? Yeah, let's give that a try to.

I don't think it is ever to late to gain a little bit of independence from the retail ammo game. Learn to roll your own.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't know how true it was but a friend was telling me that Winchester was instructed not to sell Lake City over run to civilians anymore. Don't know

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Small rifle primers, and small rifle NATO primers (for firearms with free-floating firing pins) are very abundant right now, as is powder for that cartridge.
    Yup - Get some and a single stage set up if that is all the budget can handle. It is not as hard as people think, but it IS rocket science.

Even the Lee Loader all in one kits can get the job done.
    lee.jpg

Top Bottom