An Ungrateful Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Nobody laid it at the feet of one person. Reigle certainly played a major role.

You mention the "full faith and credit of the United States." Ask any Native American how trusting the full faith of the United States worked out for them.

Then you bemoan outsourcing jobs. Do you suppose that resulted from the highest corporate tax rates in the world? Yet your source talks of raising revenue to solve the problem. Not much of a solution to bring jobs back and grow the economy.

Then...and I really love this...the word games of saying that unfunded liabilities are "future promises!!" Nope. They are real promises of future payment. Try telling your mortgagee that you are going to modify the amount you pay because it was a "future promise" subject to change by the person who made the promise.

No, what is really needed is an integrative understanding of economics and truth that is seriously lacking in a huge portion of the public, who are willing, if not eager to swallow absolute gobble-dy-gook, without applying even a rudimentary level of critical thinking.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Make ya a deal:

No new taxes collected to fund social security and "they" can collect "every cent that's there that they contributed"

Deal?:rolleyes:

What's that you say? There IS NO MONEY!!!!?!?!

Yes, that's kinda my point.

I have no problem with that, but that's not what you've been ranting about. You say those people who want their contributions back are to blame, and you're wrong.

Oh, and dont pull that "they fought, I haven't, you selfish young one" with all the guys who've spent time in Iraq and/or Afghanistan.... Doesn't work so well!;)

Your being selfish/self centered and trying to prolong the system, so you can "get yours"
    (don't worry, you are probably old enough you will)

You seem to read what you want between the lines, but I didn't say what you think you read. I appreciate what my parents did in many things. I'm not disparaging any other vets, just stating that the fall of this country was eminent if they had not made the sacrifices they did, on top of creating a world where my generation and the next reap the benefits. You and others here seem to think they are the problem.

I don't plan on SS being there for me. I believe SS recipients will be means tested within 10-15 years and if you saved your own IRA or 401k, then that will be factored into your benefit. Some of us may not get anything near what we put into if anything at all, but it will be there. I don't like it and would much prefer the $500k that I and my employer have paid into it so far and cut ties too, but that ain't happening. When I plan for retirement, I don't factor SS into it at all, so I'm not trying to get mine as you say.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    It's probably been said already, guilty of tl;dr.

why can't welfare go bankrupt instead of social security?

Stop both programs today and call it the "Self Reliance Act 2014"

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    THANKS almost entirely to the generation of my parents. They fought a war that truly threatened the existence of this country and many others. They created such a peacetime dividend and booming economies that allow us to sit around and pontificate grand ideas over the internet. I don't know about you, but my kids live like royalty compared to their grandparents when they were that age. I'm grateful to my elders and know the sacrifices they made for my, and future generations.

That's the difference! That generation would have happily gave up a SS check for the better of the kids and grandkids! They would never have whined about lost 401k. They did whatever it took to make things better for the future.
    Are you willing to sacrifice as much as they have for your kids and grandkids? I would hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...I believe SS recipients will be means tested within 10-15 years and if you saved your own IRA or 401k, then that will be factored into your benefit...

I'm in favor of means testing, and hope it doesn't take that long to enact. As for factoring in savings, that will just be another disincentive and excuse for not saving... like our society really needs another excuse(!)

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=22f_1358200165

Fella's, don't count on your 401k or private pension or savings. Government has been greedily eyeballing those for years.

Listen to this Mark Levin interview' then Google "government seizes private pensions." Won't be long until you examine your accounts and find nothing but promises.......backed, of course, by the "full faith and credit of the United States." Which we learned earlier in this thread are just "future promises" which may be disregarded as necessity (read....greed) demands.

Last edited:

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Well I'm only 37 and have quite a few years until retirement and I have decided that I probably wont be collecting my SS when the time comes..Oh well if not so be it, but if I could that would be great and I do feel that I am entitled to it.
    I also feel that the older retirees who have paid in for 50 years should be entitled to it as well.
    I hate the fact that I may be the one left holding the bag or maybe my children's generation but until the Government is held responsible for the crime that they have committed against the people there will be no resolution.

I mean lets look at this....Back when Government officials Really cared about the country they would get voted into office not as a way to get rich but to help their United States grow and Prosper.
    There was no getting Rich from your salary and having Secret Service assigned to you and your family for the rest of your life costing tax payers Millions, and no extravagant vacations where it cost millions just to put your airplane in the air and have a staff of 30 plus people accompany you which means they get a vacation as well.
    Wasn't Camp David always the Presidents Vacation destination of choice...

Anyhow I do feel that the old guys who put into SS for ever as well as myself are entitled to what was promised us in the beginning, and the Government should be responsible for the money they took from SS to fund all the Bull **** programs they put into action.

If the government took the control of their welfare system as serious as they do their Tax System then we would probably be ok....You can bet your ass if you owe the Government 10k they will find you but if you have been spitting out babies and sucking the government tit for 10 years you can bet your ass you are into the American people for WELL OVER 10K.
    Why don't they take about 1/2 of the ppl who work on tax collection and move them to Welfare regulation and see what happens.

Rule #1. For welfare recipients should be a mandatory birth control limit after 2 children ...That's right I said MANDATORY... you may think its a violation of your freedom, but if you want to suck the Government TIT then you should have to play by our rules...hell all of us have to play by rules so why cant the ones who are a drain on our economy have to....Hell I would pay more taxes to help fund mandatory Birth Control, and I don't mean pills I'm talking the BC implants they put under your skin that are good for 6 months to a year, and then If you don't come back to get your BC updated at the allotted time, then you loose your Welfare money
    end of Story.
    This would be so easy to put into action and make each state responsible....you could just add it to the information on your drivers license....that way when ppl go to renew the lic the worthless DMV lady who loves being a bitch "Not all are tho" can just say oh I see its time for your BC update, and until you go get it done I cannot renew your License....and a hold is put on your license until you get your BC update.
    Anyhow Off topic sorry.

But the guys who pay in should get to take out when the time comes that was the PROMISE.
    Maybe those fat bank accounts should be reduced and put into the national Debt and SS and future officials should be paid like normal people and then I bet they would find ways to help make things a bit better.
    There are no consequences for Officials who do wrong.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Yep, it was stolen by the US Government and an IOU left in its place. If the government hadn't stolen all this money and/or given most of it away to welfare, food, stamps, crazy checks, etc., people could retire at 50 years old on a great SS income along with their savings. I paid in plenty over the years so your grandpa or great grandpa could collect. I'm still paying in.
    Tell you what, have to government pay back all it owes to the social security, cut the crazy checks/welfare payments and tell people if they want assistance they will have to get off their collective rears and do some kind of work to collect a check be it picking up trash down interstate. Food assistance is a different story. Plenty of people work 2 jobs and can't find a well paying job to make ends meet and need help to put food on the table. Let's limit this food help to food items that have actual nutrient value and no more Little Debbie cakes and potato chips or trading your food stamp card for crack rocks.
    The younger generation can keep all their social security monies taken out of their checks. You won't be able to collect social security later on or get any kind of assistance including food stamps and VA payments. You signed up in the armed forces--hey its the army --they go to war--you can expect to get hurt or have limbs blown off--we don't owe you jack ****. You got combat pay plus more. Save that and go back to work and pay for your own retirement.

If the government needs that much money to pay for all this boondoggle they keep adding to the pile--why don't they just make taxes including social security payable for every dollar earned with no cut off point. If you make $1 to $100 billion a year, you pay social security taxes on every farthing.

No, NO ONE is "paying for" what is currently being STOLEN!
    I don't care WHAT people view something as.... I'm concerned with reality.

Now, lets say you get taken in by a "Nigerian type scam" to get a new car.

You wire your money to africa, and never see it, or your car again.

YOU are saying its perfectly fine to walk into the local dealership, take the keys from the hand of the owner, get into a car, and drive off.

You say "they paid for it"
    I say they didn't, their money was stolen, and now they want to/are committing theft as well.

You want something (money) from me, but no one has paid me for it (despite your false claim.)

And you know it (see underlined)

BECAUSE:
    As I have said again, and again,and again!

THERE IS NO RETURN.

if there WAS.... I'd say "take it, and welcome"

But it DOESN'T EXIST! It was stolen before the people being stolen from now were even alive.

WHY do seniors want to steal from their grandchildren!?

(it is telling that each of you, admit you "want out"... You know the system is broken...)

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender. Wouldn't the easiest fix for the SS problems be for people to take responsibility for themselves, get out of the system entirely at a much earlier age and in turn stop paying into SS? Think about it, the main reason people work until they're damn near dead is so they can buy "stuff". The media and politicians even refer to this countries citizens as "consumers" now. "Consumer spending is up/down" sound like a familiar phrase? You're bombarded by commercials everywhere you look, promising happiness for for easy monthly payments. Does that $40K truck that you pay $800 a month for really make you happier? What about having that 5,000 sq ft house in the gated community? Is having the newest iWhatthe**** gadget worth trading you life for? Or does it just keep you in debt, and force you to continue working while having taxes robbed from you before you even get your pay? It's all a giant ruse to separate you from your hard earned money and keep you working until you're dead. The whole reason SS still exists is to give you a false sense of security so you spend more, work longer and in turn keep paying taxes to keep the "fat cats on capital hill" rich. If there wasn't a "guaranteed" retirement plan would people still save and plan as little as they do?

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor. If you can learn to see past the consumerism and not worry about keeping up the the Jones, and impressing people you don't know, and start saving your money it's not terribly difficult for most people to retire in their 30s or 40s. You might not be in the mansions you see on TV, but guess what? If you work until you're 65 you probably still won't make it! And if you do, you won't have long to enjoy it. If you plan right you should be able to to have a house, not be hungry, and not have to worry about going to a crappy job everyday, and spend a good 30+ years raising your kids and doing what you want with your time. What's more important to you? family, happiness, time? or a new truck, a big house, electronics, etc..?

Now if SS is unsustainable now, imagine if large swaths of the population started dropping out or the work force by 45, a full 20 years before they could start collecting SS, and never need SS, so they don't care about it to begin with. That's 20 years of SS and Fed income taxes not being paid. Sure there's still capital gains tax, and some will go to part time work, or start their own businesses because they want to, but then, just maybe, if enough people did it we could just starve out SS/welfare programs. Then charities could take back the role of taking care of the poor and disabled, and I'd like the think they'd do a better job at it than the federal government.

Oh well, its a pipe dream, I get enough weird looks just by saying I have a plan, and am on target, to be able to retire by 40.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom