Any advice for a young deputy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Go be a reserve and teach CHP classes. It seems to work well for a bunch of people around here...

JR1572

The slices of pie are getting thinner as the CHP Instructors in the Baton Rouge area increased by 50% in two years.
    You may be thinking about slicing the pie in a different manner but they do not teach that in CHP classes.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    PM SVT and ask him if he has any specific advice for you. He likes to tell the police how to do or not do their job.

My advice is this: Until proven otherwise, assume everyone is lying. And that includes complainants.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    PM SVT and ask him if he has any specific advice for you. He likes to tell the police how to do or not do their job.

leadbrain -

h520A4E31

and don't blame me for the ignorance shown by your sacrosanct leos. :chuckles:

M-66supersingle, find a career that you will enjoy; do it with honesty and integrity no matter what.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    EVERY ONE LIES!! TRUST NO ONE. Don't be an ass unless you have to; then be the ass that they will remember. Perceived respect can go a long way. Project caring and compassion even if you have to fake it. Its easy to get callous dealing with so much. Take nothing personal. Go home with the same number of holes in your body that you went to work with.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Did MCI have a bunch of extra lights in his unit?

JR1572

i bought an LED light stick for pulling traffic on the slab. I did have a foot actuated mic for pursuits so you could hold the wheel with two hands and drive. and i did have bars on the windows.

all the new units have a built in direction arrow i think

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    EVERY ONE LIES!! TRUST NO ONE. Don't be an ass unless you have to; then be the ass that they will remember. Perceived respect can go a long way. Project caring and compassion even if you have to fake it. Its easy to get callous dealing with so much. Take nothing personal. Go home with the same number of holes in your body that you went to work with.

Good words!

Top Bottom