Any Interest in a Lafayette Area Get Together?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Is this still on for May 14th? Im just wondering if the flooding situation might present a problem as the timeline on this looks to fall right about the same time. anyone got info on this and are yall still getting together at Sherbourne on the 14th?

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have to watch my daughter for a little bit in the morning so I'll probably get there around 10am. I'll wear a Bayou Teche Guns t-shirt.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    so is there a headcount yet as to who all is going to Sherbourne this coming Saturday?
    Can someone post what time and who is going? Maybe a "Ill be there" so folks can know who to watch for?

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Bah, can't do it. I'll be there on Sunday after the USPSA match, though. I got too many chores that need to get done this weekend to be galavantin' around both days of the weekend.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I talked to LDWF today and they said Sherburne is closed until further notice. Looks like we'll have to do it another time or place. I'll probably just go down to New Iberia and shoot for a little bit tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I remember the good old days of the shoots we used to have at Sherburne prior to Bayou Shooter even being formed. Unfortunately the rising cost of fuel and ammunition seemed to have an impact on that, as well as Ron moving away.

I'll probably be hitting Sherburne up in the middle of next week, depending on my cousin's schedule. He's going to be in from Okinawa, and hasn't shot any of his guns in close to a year.

Top Bottom