Anyone been in Barking Irons gunstore in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kdavis1984

Practice, Practice
    Apr 11, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Stopped in today when i got off of work. They have some great customer service and actually GREET customers as they walk through the door. And it was packed when I walked in. They didnt have what i was looking to get, but were willing to order it right there and get it in. They also were making a list of what everyone who came in today asked for so that they could see about getting it in stock.

hkennc

Premium Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    Polite is an understatement...

We went by Sunday morning about 15 minutes after they opened. Already had a customer at the counter and just kind of browsed around. Think I'll go back for a rifle case this afternoon but, since he's a gunsmith, I had a few questions I wanted to ask but he was busy. As we were leaving he apologized for having customers... You know? In a good way... I asked about Kroil and he didn't have any (neither does anyone else) and I had a couple of other brief questions. I'll certainly do what I can to give them some business.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    store is very very bare. a few ar's a few hand guns

Yep. On the other hand, they have a decent stock, gunsmiths, and seem to be very nice folks.

I stopped by for their grand opening as I needed some slotted head grip screws, gunsmith bit driver set and a speed loader. They had what I needed except the tools (which they offered to order) and were as nice as can be. Prices appear decent too (which is nice). Some places want to fleece their customers.

Hankjr

Apr 10, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've been to their place on a few occasions . They are great to work with and talk to. I took an old rifle that one of my great grandfathers used in the civil war. They were quick to say that they don't know alot about these guns. That in itself impressed me as most other places have shot me a line of BS about it. After that, they checked it out and told me everything they could about the gun.....even looked on Internet to get some info for me. I've purchased one weapon from them and they will be my first stop in the future when I need something. Looking forward to their growing inventory. Only issue I've had thus far was they were closed early on good Friday when I went to pick up some ammo...... But I guess all hard working folks deserve a weekend off.....lol.

Khyber

Jul 8, 2009
    \ I asked about Kroil and he didn't have any (neither does anyone else) and I had a couple of other brief questions. I'll certainly do what I can to give them some business.

WAAAAAYYYYYYY off topic, but if you want Kroil, two places: Ivy's Lawnmower Repair and Sullivan's Hardware.

2011Corvette

May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    "Only issue I've had thus far was they were closed early on good Friday when I went to pick up some ammo...... "

It was GOOD FRIDAY!
    I wish more businesses would observe a holy day like this.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I pass that way every day on my way home. Don't know what their hours are but not much activity.

I wish them the best of luck cause I know how scary starting a business is.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    "Only issue I've had thus far was they were closed early on good Friday when I went to pick up some ammo...... "

It was GOOD FRIDAY!
    I wish more businesses would observe a holy day like this.

:bravo: Fully Agree!!

I have been twice, and liked both times! Atmosphere makes all the difference. I hope they do well.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I just read it again and promptly cracked up.

Sent from my smart phone where autocorrect will make me look stupid.

JSNH

Jul 12, 2010
    Prairieville
    Seem to be good people. They were able to get an old norinco shotgun I had up and running and I had them swap the sights out on my glock.
    The first day I stopped in we sat around and shot the bull for about an hour.
    I'll be back.

mnaylo3

Aug 28, 2011
    Gonzales, LA
    I'll echo pretty much everyone else...they seem like very nice people. They did a little work on a pistol for me, and I bought a very nice Quest range bag there for a reasonable price. And the fact they're attempting to stock USA made products is a plus

2011Corvette

May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I was looking for a Smith & Wesson model 627 Performance Center 8 shot revolver. They are not easy to find around town. The guys were more than willing to find one for me and I got it at a good price.
    Tim and Chad are great to worK with.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom