Anyone Ever Been Involved In A Shooting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Seeing the thread about the carjacking has me curious about something.
    Have any of you ever been involved in a shooting? I'm not talking about during military service. I mean self defense.

Also, has anyone ever been in an "almost" shooting situation?

Without going into specifics, any comments?

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I was once running a convenience store. Just before 11 pm as I was getting ready to close, a gentleman walked in the store, pointed a gun at me and my buddy (buddy had just gotten off work and stopped by so we could go get something to eat after I closed). He cleaned out the register but missed my cash reserves which happened to be in a bank bag under the counter. Made us lie down on the floor as he prepared to leave and threatened to blow our heads off if we looked up. We must of been there 2-3 minutes before daring to call the cops.

Several nights later as I was getting ready to close, I noticed the same buddy outside in his car. He was staking me out, with a shotgun in his lap, just hoping I'd get robbed again. I also started keeping an under-the-counter gun after that, but never had any more trouble.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Seeing the thread about the carjacking has me curious about something.
    Have any of you ever been involved in a shooting? I'm not talking about during military service. I mean self defense.

Also, has anyone ever been in an "almost" shooting situation?

Without going into specifics, any comments?

Been involved in a school shooting around here years ago. Wasn't a Columbine or Newtown but was bout 7-8 feet away when classmate got shot. We were all in 7th grade. Was crazy stuff

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Yes, 1970 my brother and I was at school putting books in locker after classes were over(all the boys sent to the Black School after intergration) when 5 blacks surrounded us and said they'd kick our asses, I kicked one in the nuts, a hole opened up and my brother and I ran toward my car which was parked off campus. They were chasing us with a baseball bat. When I got to the car I pulled out a .22 and shot the guy with the bat in the top of the head about 8 feet away. Bullet penetrated scalp in top front and rode top of scull and came out the back. Never had anymore trouble at school after that. Cops confiscated my gun and I never got it back, I was 16 at the time. No charges were filed against me as it was self defense witnessed by the school superintendant.

2nd shoot occurred in 1978 inside a Discoteque. I was an off duty deputy, perp pulled a gun out in crowd, I pulled my gun from ankle holster and shot perp 3 times in abdomen, distance was less than 10 feet, he survived. After that is when I decided to be better trained with a gun. Haven't had any more incidents.

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I've had a pissed off ex-boyfriend (of the girl I was dating at the time) banging on my door at night. I found out later that he "allegedly" told a counselor that he would have shot me if I'd have answered the door. The really interesting part is that his TPSO patrol car was parked outside.

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    Just had to draw on a dude once. Guy was pissed because after HE nearly caused a car accident with me, I had the audacity to throw him a dirty look. I was in front of my home, so when I got out of my vehicle, he can flying back, tires squealing, stopped right in front of me, jumps out yelling, then reach into his car for who-knows what. But before he was able to get whatever he was reaching for, he noticed my XD pointed at him. He though better and CAREFULLY and SLOWLY got back into his car and left. My pest control guy was there and saw the whole incident, so when NOPD arrived and our stories matched, one of the officers basically said *good job.*

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    2. Bullet really do make a cool sound as they go by.

Speaking of which: Many years ago, my dad an I had taken Louisiana State Senator Hank Braden, Jr. fishing with us in Delacroix. After catching Specks in Black Bay we decided to hit some small ponds/bays on the way back to the dock for redfish. We motored into a bay that was posted (though you can't post natural occuring bodies of water outside of hunting seasons), and started fishing over oyster reefs. I spotted a small skiff in the distance and didn't think much of it, till I heard a very faint pop. No big deal. Then I heard another; and miliseconds after that came the unmistakable sound of a whizzing bullet. Then another and, then another!

Senator Braden looked at my old man and said; :hsugh:"Joe what is that?" My old man, says; :dunno:"I don't know!" I turned to them and said; :shocked:"That a$$hole way over there is shooting at us! Those are bullets flying over. I suggest we get the f**k out of here!"

Now my first instinct was to kick that idiots ass :curse:, but that emotion was soon overruled by intellect :bigok:; and we hauled ass out of there. I don't know what this clown was trying to prove or trying to protect.

So remember you morons out there, you never know who you are throwing bravado bullets at. :nono:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    We must have dated the same gal way back when ?

I've had a pissed off ex-boyfriend (of the girl I was dating at the time) banging on my door at night. I found out later that he "allegedly" told a counselor that he would have shot me if I'd have answered the door. The really interesting part is that his TPSO patrol car was parked outside.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    This one time I was at my fishing camp in Delacroix. I had just started fishing in my skiff when I look up an low and behold these 3 city boys ignored my posted signs and decided they were going fish in my bay over my oyster reefs. I grabbed my .22 and got off at least 5 shots before those suckers turned tail and ran like little girls!

That is a joke BTW....for those of you not reading the whole thread and might want to take my post out of context...........

Last edited:
    Top Bottom