Anyone Ever Been Involved In A Shooting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A friend shot me once by accident many years ago.
    Shot at by shotgun and pistol, missed me and struck my vehicle. Too close for comfort.
    Several minor altercations but no shots fired.
    I will leave it at that.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Besides the boring stories from work I have a quick one. I came home about 3am from an extra duty gig and was carrying things inside with both hands. After struggling with the key and finally getting the door open I stepped into a pitch black house. My wife who I thought was sleeping was hiding behind the door and yelled "boo!!!!". I began back peddling throwing crap down and slapping leather when she began screaming at me telling me it was just her. I was mad as hell and explained to her that if I wouldnt have had my hands full I would have shot her, and no jury would have believed that she jumped out and scared me. That was about 12 years ago and it hasn't happened since :)

MOTOR51

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    At the corner of Hwy 11 and I-12 in Slidell I had my kids with me and a bum asked for a ride (I already had the windows down). I politely told him "hell no" and he reached for my door latch. At the moment of his "reach" he noticed I had my hand in the center console while staring him directly in the eyes... He moved on. I called the S.O., later they advised me they couldn't find anyone in the area.

A few weeks ago I got stuck behind a felony stop with my kids in the car and no way to avoid being stuck behind it. I have to give the deputy credit. He controlled the situation VERY well and had the suspect in cuffs within milliseconds of his exiting the vehicle. What's funny is that I was on the phone with someone working out the details of a meeting for an ad I placed here on BS when it happened. I think Kurt still owes me an I-Trader rating for that one too... That situation was actually much more scary to me than the bum situation.

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    1. My dad and some of our friends were out working the dogs for rabbit and woodcock. I was about 25yds in line with my dad when I saw him get tangled up in some briars and start to fall. I remember vividly that big 12ga bore slowly swinging towards me. I turned.....and took a load of 7 1/2 right in the ass. I'm sure there's still some pellets in there.

2. I was just out of the marine corps and back in college. I was driving late to meet some friends out at lake bruin I think? Some oxbow lake in northeast la. So (this is before cell phones), I stop in this two red light town and use a pay phone at a closed grocery store. I'm walking back to my car and this huge thug approaches from the other side of my car. He's obviously coming for me, so I say how's it going? He says you need to give me some money. I stop moving, with my vehicle between us, shift position a bit, right hand back on the grip of my pistol, looked him dead in the eyes and told him he needs to stop where he is, turn around and go bother someone else. He stared at me for what felt like forever. I swear I could see the wheels turning in his head. Like he asking himself why's this puny white boy talking to me like that? I guess it finally clicked for him....he put both hands up and said, yeah....I think I'll go do that. Have a good night. Yeah, you too.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This one time I was at my fishing camp in Delacroix. I had just started fishing in my skiff when I look up an low and behold these 3 city boys ignored my posted signs and decided they were going fish in my bay over my oyster reefs. I grabbed my .22 and got off at least 5 shots before those suckers turned tail and ran like little girls!.

Hmmm. Interesting?!? Because when we got back to the dock that day, we reported the incident to the owner of the marina. He went on to tell of an a$$hole that owned a fishing camp back there. And that; not only had he no respect for himself or the land; he actually disregarded all facets of common decency by throwing cigarette butts in the waterways. The marina owner knew of an a$$hole that was already known for littering the highways with his cigarette butts, but only surmised it was the same a$$hole. I described the incident in detail and was overheard by onlookers who then stated unequivocally (even though they didn't know what the word meant), that it was the same a$$hole they knew.

I shrugged it off as mere coincidence and promised myself that one day I may meet this littering a$$hole again in the future! Maybe one day when there was going to be this thing invented by Al Gore called the internet.

Strange.........and I could be wrong, but;.....................:fawk:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    .22 scare when I was a kid, but there's a near one that is too funny not to tell.

So, me and another buddy are a couple of kids, who are into renacting... (This may not of been before GPS's, but it's before they were wide spread)
    And after one we are going to see his grandmother (Since we are already on the south shore.)

I'm driving my OLD suburban, and we've got all the gear in the back. I've got this beat up Dan Wesson 6" .357 I keep in the truck under my seat.

ANYWAY... I've met his grandmother, but have NO idea how to get there... and he thinks he does.

And (Following his crummy directions) We get into a very... "Dark" part of NO... Boxed in at a light.. and these 6-8 guys come off their steps and start coming towards us... and letting us know they aren't collecting for the local church.

I'm wraping my hand around that Dan Wesson, and thinking"Oh, No, Oh, No, Oh, no.....!!!)

And Brad (That's my buddy) DIVES into the back and comes up with an 1897 Trench gun with about a yard of steel on the end...
    If I wasn't so relieved It would have been funny how fast they turned around and exited stage left.

I hit the gas and it was probably the next day before my adrenalin subsided.

The funniest part...

Other than that Revolver, all we had were blanks!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    1: I was riding bikes with my friends in a factory complex in a business district about a 10 minute ride from my house when someone opened fire at us. We were 10 years old. I will never forget the sound of bullets.

2: I was 15 walking outside of a county fair (NY) with three friends and we were attacked by 10 kids our age. I was kicked and beaten but managed to get away after defending my one friend who didn't immediately run. We were not seriously injured.

3: I was 17 and driving with a new girlfriend when some asshats threw a bottle at me from a neighboring car as we approached a stoplight. Three guys got out and approached my car with baseball bats. I ran the light.

4: I was driving with another girlfriend in late 1992 when, on our way back from skiing in Pennsylvania, we pulled into a KFC. Before we get out I notice a car with two guys in it and one was holding a shotgun and staring at the KFC door. I left the parking lot enthusiastically and my GF didn't believe me. I left her shortly after.

5: I pulled into the Walmart parking lot on college drive. 5 guys who were previously standing off to the side started approaching my car quickly. I had my wife with me. Instead of parking, I turned away from them and out of the lot back onto college.

6: I had a guy approach me after dark In a business parking lot near LSU asking for money. I said I didn't have any and he kept coming. I was with my son and wife, so I reached toward my gun and said "please don't make me do this" rather loudly and he turned and walked away apologetically.

Your problem is that you need to stop hanging out and going places with people!!!!

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    One night I'm around 13 y/o or so and watching TV in the living room. Some psycho (literally) starts pounding on our french doors in front of me and asking me to help him. I run to my dads bedroom and dial 911 while he grabs the 1911 and aims it at the crazy guy telling him to get lost. Dude high tailed it out of there.

Wasn't long after that the cops are knocking on the door and told us he escaped from the psych ward at the hospital that was a half mile away through the woods. He saw our porch light on and ran to our house. Unfortunately for the cops we had just cut up some trees in the back yard and had logs laying everywhere. The crazy dude hopped them like a jack rabbit and the poor officers busted themselves up pretty good chasing him.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    He made one last mistake on a drug fueled rampage one night of kicking through the front door.......justified my actions.

If you live in Louisiana, I fixed it for you. ;)

Unless it happened a long time ago and the laws were different back then.

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    I was only recently told this story by my Dad. When I was an infant my Dad was interested in buying a hunting rifle from a friend. He brought it to our house for my Dad to see. As he walked in the door my Dad says he questioned to guy about it being loaded. According to him the guy assured him it was empty and pulled the trigger firing it over my head as I was sitting on the couch. I don't remember the event but do know he does not own a rifle and the friendship ended on the spot.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    November 2002 in the 600 block of Dauphine st in the French Quarter. Getting off work at 1:30 AM with a Fender bass guitar on my back and carrying a S&W 638 loaded with .38spl Hydrashoks,I was held up at gunpoint. Perp had a 1911 (stolen) and demanded my bass and money. I procceded to hand him my bass when he put the muzzle to my temple and squeeze the trigger......no fire....safety was on.....he had no idea. I then pulled my 638 and in the tussle,shot him in the neck. He collapsed cluthching his neck. Picked up the .45 and covered him as I called 911. I remember not being able to hear the 911 operator as I had temporarily lost partial hearing in my right ear from the report of my 638. Police and EMS came within 3 minutes or so. I was cuffed and put into a unit as they conducted their investigation. EMS rushed the perp to Charity hospital and I was brought to 8th district station for further questioning. There were no witnesses to confirm my story and this was pre crime camera. I was then processed at OPP and put in holding for 5 hours till I was bonded out by my brother. After weeks of courtroom proceedings,I was cleared of all charges and was deemed a rightful shoot in self defense. The perp had a lengthy record and had 3 attachments out on him. Gun was confiscated and I never got it back even after hiring an attorney to talk to the DA and the judge. Three years later...Katrina happened.....I still don't have my gun.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Only once have I drawn a gun in self-defense.

Sometime in the late 80s I was driving my van to the skydiving center in Texas. There's a stretch between Beaumont and Houston that there isn't much around. Doing my usual speed limit + 5 I was just minding my own business. Pickup with two individuals pass me and I take a look as they pass by. No big deal.

Then things got interesting. The pickup slowed down and started blocking my progress. Once I passed the vehicle they would ride my rear bumper only by a couple feet. Then they would pass me and do the slow down thing again. Man I really didn't need two rednecks screwing with a longhair in a van (me). I can play this game too.

On one of the rear bumper episodes I hit the brakes pretty hard. He almost hit me and in the rearview I saw a bunch of tire smoke. I floored it. A Dodge van can only accelerate so much and the pickup soon caught up. He pulled up alongside and I noted the passenger spinning the cylinder of a revolver. Playtime over.

Reached down and grabbed the 1911 and racked the slide. The pax saw the 1911 and I still have the mental image of him saying "Oh ****!" Again the tires locked up on the pickup and I floored it for all it was worth. The encounter was broken off and after a few minutes of doing the terminal velocity of a 1984 Dodge van I pulled into a truck stop. I was literally shaking.

Back in that day self-defense training isn't what it is today. Today I'd do things much different.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Only once have I drawn a gun in self-defense.

Sometime in the late 80s I was driving my van to the skydiving center in Texas. There's a stretch between Beaumont and Houston that there isn't much around. Doing my usual speed limit + 5 I was just minding my own business. Pickup with two individuals pass me and I take a look as they pass by. No big deal.

Then things got interesting. The pickup slowed down and started blocking my progress. Once I passed the vehicle they would ride my rear bumper only by a couple feet. Then they would pass me and do the slow down thing again. Man I really didn't need two rednecks screwing with a longhair in a van (me). I can play this game too.

On one of the rear bumper episodes I hit the brakes pretty hard. He almost hit me and in the rearview I saw a bunch of tire smoke. I floored it. A Dodge van can only accelerate so much and the pickup soon caught up. He pulled up alongside and I noted the passenger spinning the cylinder of a revolver. Playtime over.

Reached down and grabbed the 1911 and racked the slide. The pax saw the 1911 and I still have the mental image of him saying "Oh ****!" Again the tires locked up on the pickup and I floored it for all it was worth. The encounter was broken off and after a few minutes of doing the terminal velocity of a 1984 Dodge van I pulled into a truck stop. I was literally shaking.

Back in that day self-defense training isn't what it is today. Today I'd do things much different.

When you racked the slide you should have lost a round.

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    Family disturbance, perp turned with 30/30 rifle, fired sex 9mm rounds all hitting home center mass, no effect, partner pulled up seconds later hit perp one 45 rd center mass end of conflict. Next day on duty carrying 1911 45acp. No more mishaps.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Family disturbance, perp turned with 30/30 rifle, fired sex 9mm rounds all hitting home center mass, no effect, partner pulled up seconds later hit perp one 45 rd center mass end of conflict. Next day on duty carrying 1911 45acp. No more mishaps.

What if you would have made a head shot?

I'll bet drugs were involved.
    My perp's autopsy report showed so much oxy in s systemthey couldn't understand how he was on his feet.

Top Bottom