anyone kill aything thanksgiving weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    Shot my last doe of the season, 135 lbs. This will be my second, two in the freezer is more than plenty for me and the wife.

Bucks only from here on out for deer. Will also be duck hunting now that we have some flooded timber to hunt.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    To each their own. I feel it would be nice to have while sitting on a stand for 12 hrs a day, not an every hunt type of thing of course.

pfft. Or getting out at 4 am for turkey hunting...lol. But I'm partial to not bringing an iPod out. You might as well go play duckhunt...lol

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    Jee Whiz, you guys really don't like the i-pods, huh. Scratch that off the list of things to bring when going hunting. :rolleyes:

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    Funny thing is I don't own one either. A guy I hunt with does, just thought it was cool that he can watch movies if he wanted to. People here would have a stroke if they knew he took a portable tv with him every opening day to watch the LSU vs Ole Miss game.

On top of that he shot a nice 9 point while watching the game.:D

The thing I wish I wouldn't bring is my cell phone. Work always calls when i'm on the stand. Damn thing is on vibrate and it still makes a ton of noise.

Oh and on a side note all members using climbers or tree stands please, please use a safety belt at all times. A customer's son fell from 12 ft. when his lean on stand collapsed. He is having reconstructive surgery today for two broken eye sockets.

TigerFan

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    The thing I wish I wouldn't bring is my cell phone. Work always calls when i'm on the stand. Damn thing is on vibrate and it still makes a ton of noise.

That's the one thing you should bring. Out in the woods with guns=accidents sometimes happen. Having a cell phone in case you get lost, injured or other is a big help.

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    Yep, I just wish I could block emails and calls from the office, but that's what pays my bills so I gotta deal with it.

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    lol, that .300 Weatherby would definitely make the employees jump to.

I guess I should feel pretty good that i get calls all the time. At least they think I am needed at work...:x:

TigerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2006
    Metairie
    Best I can do is leave it on vibrate. Company pays for the phone, and pays me to be available to my customers and employees.

Most of the time its while I'm getting ready to get off the stand at 10 a.m. or getting settled in the stand at 2 p.m. So it's not that bad, just that I got to transition back to work mentality.

JDJHNTR

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 20, 2006
    MS.
    Was'nt over Thanksgiving weekend but here is my 06' kills (all with handguns but one). I am a die hard handgun hunter and have been for the past 5 years. The only time I carry a rifle is during premative weapons season. I wish I could tote pistol then!!!

1st one was a hog with a Savage Striker in 7mm-08.
    BigHog1.jpg

2nd was a 8pt with the 45-70 during primative weapons season.
    45-70deer3.jpg

3rd was a doe with my S&W Performance Center 44mag with Leupold 4x.
    44MagDoe1.jpg

4th was a doe with my Ruger Blackhawk in 41mag.
    41MagDoe1.jpg

And last one was a 9pt with my Rem. XP100R in .260Rem (shot at a lasered 237 yards).
    CaryMS.jpg

Cant wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom