Anyone starting a recall on Bill Cassidy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    My real quick search (because I'm working) shows Mary voted yes on the spending bill. I guess maybe technically she can still vote until Cassidy is sworn in.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    didn't he steal money from lsu or something?

The claim is that he had a gig with LSU to continue in a teaching capacity for a certain number of hours per week for an annual salary of 20k. The time sheets that have become available by foia request give the impression he was working less than the number of hours he agreed to. Whether those sheets reflect all of his work correctly, I don't know. I know a student who did a rotation with him in DC in addition to his time in OLOL clinics. I'm not sure if those hours were documented in his LSU time sheets. Apparently a lot of the time sheets appeared hastily filled out all at one time (as in after the request was made)

Last edited:

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    My bad I should have been more specific. I was talking about telling us (La.) how he would bring down amnesty and obama care and instead the first thing he does after the election is fund them both

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I was under the impression that vote was also to avoid a Govt shut down and that these issues would be revisited in January. Am I wrong ?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You all need to really read and understand what that appropriations bill did. The republicans have rolled back a lot of crap that the phony's rammed down their throats. Just as a glaring example, Dodd / Frank.

This vote was the first sign the right wing scumbags are going to come after the dumbass pretty hard. Now the phony scumbags got that whacko anti-gun idiot through for Surgeon General in the fog of it all, but this was a planned vote.

It's all a game!

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    With over a trillion dollars in spending, what exactly did they cut out? Seems like the GOP gave alot more than it got. Again.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    With over a trillion dollars in spending, what exactly did they cut out? Seems like the GOP gave alot more than it got. Again.

In "The Game"; the right leaning scumbags do not have both houses yet. The phony scumbags were holding the shutdown (which would occur before the new Congress starts), over their heads. I suspect the plan for the RLSB's is to not make waves until January. You watch how many Bills they send the dumbass that he will veto, and will make him look like the obstructionist dumbass he really is.

The RLSB's have the dumbass in a tough spot, and they are going to make his a-hole twitch. A lot! When they send that border enforcement measure (which will be one of the first Bills), that most Americans support, to that idiot; he will veto it. That's when it all starts!

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    The RLSB's have the dumbass in a tough spot, and they are going to make his a-hole twitch. A lot! When they send that border enforcement measure (which will be one of the first Bills), that most Americans support, to that idiot; he will veto it. That's when it all starts!

And I want to believe this but the slippery SOB, with the media furiously carrying his water, has gotten out of just about everything previously supposed to "get him." They could have passed everything BUT the immigration-friendly stuff but nooooooo, they gave the LIAR everything!!! I won't believe it until I see him start to sweat - or twitch, by your definition ... :D

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    ok, to de-fund anything, they can pass what ever they want... then it will go to el`presidente`, who will then veto it.. the the defunders will need a what? 3/4th majority? wont happen. The only thing that MIGHT change is the RINO's will be more vocal yet keep voting to fund chit and I am not sure they will be any more vocal. They will just complain they don't have enough votes.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I am less optimistic with politics right now. It seems as if the biggest thing each party works on is not legislation that will help the country but rather they just jockey for position for the next election. I would not be surprised if the Republican lead congress is going to do nothing but put up legislation that will surely get a veto just so they can position a candidate for president. I was listening to a Washington reporter talk about how there is little meaningful legislation going on these days and it is all about keeping power, adding pork to bills, and making it through the next election. The whole multi-party system was supposed to be a way to have multiple thinking in government but it has now become much more of both parties battling each other at the expense of the people. I have disagreed with people at work but have worked with them to come up with solutions to problems. It can be done. I don't have faith in either party right now.

Top Bottom