Anyone subscribe to firearm magazines?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have been looking to get a magazine subscrption for quite some time now but I really don't know whats a waste of money and what is good. As a matter of fact, I stopped on the magazine isle at Winn-Dixie yesterday to see what types of Gun/knife/ammo... magazines they had. Needless to say there is a magazine for just about everything firearm related that you could think of. Maybe some of you could help me to get a magazine subscription that encompasses most of my interests.

Im interested in new firearms/bullets/knives and the advancements and reviews of these new products. Im not big into hunting/fishing, and I'm not particularly interested in blackpowder or revolvers. Tactical items interest me, but a magazine that only talks about SWAT weapons and equipment would probably get pretty old to me quick. Basically I want a magazine that touches on a few new products, some tactical advancements, bullet technology, product reviews/tests, and keeps up with the politics of it all.
    Does any such magazine exist? :help:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The only magazine I subscribe to is US Concealed Carry.

http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

It's not as big as some of the others, but it's not full of pages and pages of ads either. I can send you a PDF copy of their latest issue if you are interested.

All the other gun magazines I read at Barnes & Noble then put them back on the shelf. I figure after buying $4 coffee x2 (one for g/f) I ought to be able to read the magazines for free.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Swagge,
    I just browse them & occasionally pick one up if it has an article I like. Usually I skim, jump to the conclusion & decide I don't need it. The bookstores have a wider selection sometimes.
    There is so much info online that I don't subscribe to any. I tend to pick an item of interest / problem to solve & concentrate on it. That is kind of my approach to guns/shooting at the moment.
    Actually I do get a magazine with the NRA membership, they have a few to choose from and you can change which one you get as you go I am told.
    Later,
    RDO

J

jayd

Actually I do get a magazine with the NRA membership, they have a few to choose from and you can change which one you get as you go I am told.

That's the one WE ALL should be getting
    Because like them or not, the NRA is all we have
    United we stand but divided we fall...........

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I used to get 'The Accurate Rifle' but they stopped printing it. They continued the subscription with 'Precision Shooter'. I kept that for another year or two. Excellent articles, but very deep. Nothing like what you find on the news stand. More like a scientific journal than a magazine. Each issue has maybe a half dozen 6 to 8 page in depth articles written by guys who like to tinker with guns. Very few new product articles. More how-to or 'I did' or indepth discussions on things like barrell harmonics. Oh, no page jumping either!
    Its not for everyone, but they're worth reading. I let my subscription run out, I've been meaning to renew. They have some sample articles on the website...

http://www.precisionshooting.com/index.html

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Ya'll might be interested in the sample article from 11/07. Its a review of the new military XM-3 sniper rifle. 18.5" barrel, 6 groove, and minute of angle guaranteed out to 1000 yards...

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    American Rifleman ( NRA ) and THE GCA JOURNAL ( Garand Collectors Association ) Whatever else turns me on when I browse the news stand . :D

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got a subscription to "Shooting Times" Its only $10 a year and seems to hit on all the topics that I'm interested in. Thanks for everyone's input.

Top Bottom