Anyone want to fill me in on what's going on in Baltimore?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    It was more of a question than a statement, but if I were to read into you post, it could certainly be taken as condoning them, as you left your comment open ended. You made no clear statement either way, with no indication of sarcasm, condemnation or condoning. Like I said, it was more of a question than statement, and a opportunity to drop a meme:D

Ok. I was simply responding directly to the OP's question of "Anyone want to fill me in on what's going on in Baltimore?", so I posted an article that outlined a small portion of the history of police criminal activity in that area as one of the catalysts for the protest.

Now, responding to your question of "So that makes the rioting and mayhem ok?", No it does not make the rioting and destruction of someone else's property ok.

Last edited:

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    The Orioles Will Play to an Empty Stadium Wednesday in Wake of Riots
    The team has been postponing games in response to unrest in Baltimore

The Baltimore Orioles will play a game against the Chicago White Sox in an empty stadium on Wednesday, the team has announced.

Tuesday’s decision came in the wake of violent disorder in the city after the funeral of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man who died after being injured while in police custody.

The team had already postponed the first two games in the series, scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. The third game will be played as scheduled on Wednesday, but the stadium will be closed to the public. The first two games will be made up in a doubleheader on May 28.

Ongoing unrest also appears to be the cause of the team relocating a three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays, originally scheduled to take place on their home field of Oriole Park on May 1 to 3, to Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. Ticket holders to all six affected games will be able to exchange their plans for another date.

Wow! That's bizarre. I'd like to see that; it'll be pretty eerie.
    First time in MLB history.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    I live in Baltimore. Things were really rough last night - they've since calmed down because of the National Guard presence (finally). Since we can't have guns here, I went grabbed a bat. I needed something to protect myself with. My building has good security, but people can climb...

That is the saddest thing Ive read on a forum in years.Long live the south !!!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    d528e85a842c3c1dbe98b137cce6d41c.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My tech's think I'm racist b/c I said all this rioting is uncalled for. They believe that they are not treated fairly as a whole, and police are killing them on purpose and would not treat white people the same. They said they've been preaching it for so long and the police force won't listen, so they rioting is ok since they will get the point that they won't take the abuse anymore.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    How's the city paying dearly? Seems like the taxpayers are taking it raw b/c of these police crimes.

Baltimore business are being burned to the ground. Yes, that is what I call paying dearly for the tyranny of the Peoples Republic of Baltimore.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The pictures of the guy on the bike fist bumping an officer and the little boy handing out bottles of water to officers is pretty nice to see too.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My tech's think I'm racist b/c I said all this rioting is uncalled for. They believe that they are not treated fairly as a whole, and police are killing them on purpose and would not treat white people the same. They said they've been preaching it for so long and the police force won't listen, so they rioting is ok since they will get the point that they won't take the abuse anymore.

If they burn his house we would be ok with it?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

The Tech's idea that the "ends justify the means" is not one that I'd advocate.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Citizens lining up to protect the police in Baltimore. Pretty friggin' awesome.

I'd also like to see them line up at the police station and demand to know what the hell happened to the 25yr old who died b/c his spine was severed and throat was crushed by the cops who drove him to the station. I'd also like to see the actual police step up and demand answers from their own department. That would actually go along way in uniting the community and getting answers.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I'd also like to see them line up at the police station and demand to know what the hell happened to the 25yr old who died b/c his spine was severed and throat was crushed by the cops who drove him to the station. I'd also like to see the actual police step up and demand answers from their own department. That would actually go along way in uniting the community and getting answers.

Yeah didn't you see that they are digging into it and will have answers I am sure I seen a small clip of the chief addressing it and saying something close to the above. It isn't fast enough for them though. Hell even James Holmes just started his trial and he killed 12 people in Aurora, Colorado back in May 2012.

This just happened justice isn't swift man its not like in the wild west.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom