Anyone want to fill me in on what's going on in Baltimore?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Off topic but curious. How is it that the police find out about Facebook posts like the one above? Was this woman likely turned in by a friend? Or is Facebook monitored by someone or something looking for this type of post?

Also, I'm supposing that it is the "I'm plotting now" portion that moved this from (ridiculous) opinion to a criminal act?

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Off topic but curious. How is it that the police find out about Facebook posts like the one above? Was this woman likely turned in by a friend? Or is Facebook monitored by someone or something looking for this type of post?

Also, I'm supposing that it is the "I'm plotting now" portion that moved this from (ridiculous) opinion to a criminal act?

It was "Shared" about a billion times. Every time it's shared, it links back to the original poster's Facebook page. Police don't monitor Facebook, but just about every precinct has a Facebook page. I follow Mandeville, Covington, & Slidell PD's Facebook pages, as well as the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office page.

tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    I hope she gets treatment for her mental health issues. Perhaps she posted all that stuff because she is bored while waiting for her "crazy check" to arrive on the 1st of the month.
    The other possibility is that she wants to emulate Winnie Mandela.

"crazy checks" arrive on the 3rd of every month

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I think she should be treated fairly - the same as if a white person proposed the same thing against blacks & black cops. Because isn't it really just all about equality?

"Also, I'm supposing that it is the "I'm plotting now" portion that moved this from (ridiculous) opinion to a criminal act?"
    Makes me also wonder the difference it would have made if she just said white people and not white cops. I would think it had to kick something up a notch.

Dude, how do you know this: "crazy checks" arrive on the 3rd of every month" ?

tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Unfortunately i work in the "crazy" part of town. Our busiest days are the first and the third of every month, when people get their "checks"

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I think she should be treated fairly - the same as if a white person proposed the same thing against blacks & black cops. Because isn't it really just all about equality?

"Also, I'm supposing that it is the "I'm plotting now" portion that moved this from (ridiculous) opinion to a criminal act?"
    Makes me also wonder the difference it would have made if she just said white people and not white cops. I would think it had to kick something up a notch.

Dude, how do you know this: "crazy checks" arrive on the 3rd of every month" ?
    She's making threats and encouraging others to do the same. I could easily see this being called terrorism.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    She's making threats and encouraging others to do the same. I could easily see this being called terrorism.
    from previous post:
    "She has been charged with disseminating information related to terrorist acts, but she could face more charges as officials investigate."
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/...icle-1.2203436

I wonder if the media will use terms like terrorism, hate crimes, racial profiling. Other blacks have called for actions similar this in the past and nothing came of it. But then some whites have said some things that nothing came of either. I hope they pursue this and get somewhere on it. It will be interesting.

I also fine it ironic headlines read the way they do. "Unarmed black man shot by white cop" vs "Mom arrested for threatening cops in Facebook post"
    What does "Mom" have to do with anything?

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Unfortunately i work in the "crazy" part of town. Our busiest days are the first and the third of every month, when people get their "checks"
    Unfortunately I work in a bad part of town and I'm dreading having to work tomorrow and the weekend. You would swear they hit the lottery on the first and a week into the month and it's all gone.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I know where a hospital pharmacist position is open.
    It's rural, but not quite the hood.
    Just say'n.

https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats...=COMPREHENSIVEPS&cws=1&rid=4202&source=Indeed

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm content with where I am, though parts of Algiers can be rough, I live in a safe section of it. And my customers for the most part respect me, and leave me alone. When I'm not working I hear otherwise. Guess I've been there for so long and have helped their whole family, they don't want to ruin that relationship.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Uh oh! Game changer!

It saddens me that I have to hope that some of these officers are black! And makes me mad that I truly wish they are all black. Everyone with any brain synapse in tact knows what I mean too!

Really sad.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If! And only if, these officers are convicted; how in the hell could they believe that doing this to this dirt bag (he was a criminal BTW), was even close to being rational after the events in Ferguson and most especially NY?

They should plead insanity due to PTSD. Because they have to be crazy to do this in this current climate.

Now I'm wondering why I don't see a conspiracy charge too?!? After all, if the one cop gets convicted of the 2nd degree DH charge, didn't the others basically conspire to cover this up by their silence?

Holy ****, this is going to get ugly!

Last edited:

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    From what I've seen and heard, they don't want justice. They want blood. Its the street/hood mentality, blood is justice.

There's already talk from the streets of what will happen if the officers get anything short of a murder conviction. The crowds heard murder, nothing else matters.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I feel the State Attorney seems she may be a little biased, especially after saying they she will give them the Justice that the protestors are looking for. Seems like she already has a good idea of what she may judge.

Top Bottom