Anyone want to fill me in on what's going on in Baltimore?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Full blown riot. They've lost control of a significant portion of the city.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Riots due to 'irresponsible police care'.
    Freddie Gray did not get timely medical care after he was arrested and was not buckled into a seat belt while being transported in a police van, Baltimore police said Friday.

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts told reporters there are no excuses for the fact that Gray was not buckled in as he was transported to a police station.

Five days after Gray's death and amid ongoing protests, police officials acknowledged mistakes were made during and after his arrest.

Gray, who was stopped April 12 after a foot pursuit through several housing complexes, should have received medical attention at the scene of his arrest, said Deputy Police Commissioner Kevin Davis. A witness said the man was yelling and indicated he was having difficulty breathing.

Batts told reporters in an afternoon news conference: "We know our police employees failed to get him medical attention in a timely manner multiple times."

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Sounds like the mayor has it under control. Just do what she says and all will be better in the morning. She might have a chance at a run for the White House in 2016. She is all about free speech.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    316   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I've got a serious question. If you are a business owner and you see a bunch of thugs that are carrying baseball bats, weapons, etc into your business, do we have the right to shoot to kill in Louisiana legally? I feel that we have the right to protect our employees and clients from harm by whatever means necessary.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I saw the "comment" about letting them have their space to exercise their freedom of speech, but I think it's Bc she's black and she wants the "black community to be heard. But just like Mardi Gras, if you are going to have a large mass of people be anywhere, you better have the proper personnel and amount of them to make sure things stay orderly. Plus I thought it was illegal for large numbers of people to congregate without a permit?

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    It has nothing to do with "Justice"... it's an excuse to destroy property and loot.

Your correct. I was trying to convey sarcasm. I wish it was feasible for the police to just block off some streets and let them burn themselves out for a couple weeks. Let them get dirty, hungry and thirsty, and let the survivors beg to be taken to jail to get relief.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    New Orleans being the "chocolate city", are we prepared for something like this? We've been having murders in the city almost daily lately. And it's only a matter of time a police officer down here puts down a poor "innocent" black man.

If there are riots, where will the "safe" places be? where would they congregate? Can we protect our neighborhoods? I know after Katrina, there was a man standing guard with an AK variant at the small bridge over a canal that is the 1 way in/out of his little neighborhood. If you didn't belong, he would tell you to turn around.

gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    I've got a serious question. If you are a business owner and you see a bunch of thugs that are carrying baseball bats, weapons, etc into your business, do we have the right to shoot to kill in Louisiana legally? I feel that we have the right to protect our employees and clients from harm by whatever means necessary.
    Ask the ex-mayor of New Orleans Raglin when he started confiscating guns after Katrina. Oh that's right, it might be hard since he got sentenced for ten years!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom