AR Kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    For a budget build I would compare this to the cost of a JSE upper build. Now the JSE comes with M4 feed ramps and a single rail gas block. If you want those on the Del-Ton kit it's another $75. The JSE upper is $335 and you can get an M4 buttstock and basic LPK for $100. But the JSE is only in 16" M4 profile, no mid or rifle length if that's what you want. The Del-Ton can be the better deal depending on what options you want on your own build.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    What's the difference between Chrome Molly and Chrome lined?

(I think I'll build a few AR's I've had recievers sitting for)

Chrome moly is basically a fancy way of saying "NOT chrome lined". I'm sure you know chrome lined is the way to go.

This may be the cheapest ever way to build a mid-length AR. If I hadn't just blown my wad on my AK build I'd build one of these middies just for the hell of it.

Del-ton ain't exactly top shelf but it'll work. Upgrade the extractor, stake the castle nut and gas key and it'll probably serve you well.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Del-Ton now offers the M4 feed ramps at no additional cost. Also if you are or become a member of AR15.com and PM Del-Ton they will give you a discount on anything in your cart on their website.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Del-Ton now offers the M4 feed ramps at no additional cost. Also if you are or become a member of AR15.com and PM Del-Ton they will give you a discount on anything in your cart on their website.

I'm registered, but I never go there...
    DOn't know how their screwed up system works.

Found how to PM, but the only 'Delton' I can find links me to their web site.

Can anyone who's an arfcommer link me to the members names or however it goes over there...?

Thanks

Edit:
    Nevermind:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=100&t=148114
    We are now offering AR15.com team member discounts.

To receive this dicount please follow the following steps: (they're not too bad!)

1. Sign up for an account on our web site. Click here to create your new account.
    2. After signing up, please IM us with your first and last name, as well as your AR15.com name. In your IM please let us know that you've signed up and need your account set up.
    3. After we receive the IM, please allow 2 business days for your account to be set up. Once we've changed your account status we'll IM you back to let you know that it's ready. (we'll try and get r' done faster for you, but we get back logged sometimes!)
    4. Place your order!!!! Make sure you sign in before adding parts to your cart...the discount will only be applied to the parts once you are signed in to your account.

If you already have an account with us, please just IM us with the same information...you do not need to create a whole new account.

This offer applies to web order only, phone orders do not apply. Discount does not apply to rilfe kits, but all other parts are included.

Let us know if you have any questions. You can email us at sales@del-ton.com, or give us a call at (910) 645-2172.
    Tony and Kassandra

Last edited:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I am ordering an upper rifle kit with YHM FF Diamond handguards, YHM gas block w/flip up front site, Magpul CTR buttstock, chrome lined 1x7 twist, badger ord charging handle and YHM 5C2 flash hider for $760 and some change. Of course this will have to wait till I get back home.

The last time I looked you could get just the basic package for the rifle kit for $485 then the discount.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Not that I can see. That option is $25 in the options box.

ot32myq25xizy571hdok.jpg

Arfcom discount doesn't apply to rifle kits.

theHelix

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    New Orleans
    What's the difference between Chrome Molly and Chrome lined?

(I think I'll build a few AR's I've had recievers sitting for)

Chrome molly, in my experience, is usually used to refer to steel with a lower percentage of chrome / molly than stainless steel.

Stainless steel has to have 11%+ chromium. There is generally a 1:10 molybdenum / chromium ratio in both chrome / molly steel and stainless steel.

So, if it is chrome line it will have a layer of steel with a higher percentage of chrome (which makes it shiny opposed to a dull gray). The chrome is to make it more corrosion resistant, and the molly strengthens it.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    In the new Black Guns mag that I got last night at the PX has a good article about the Del-Ton rifle. It even talks specifically about the BBL.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Ya'll are making me so jealous because I cant order mine until I get home from Iraq. My dadgum finger is itching so bad. I have a pocket full of money and cant order anything.... ARGH!! I will be so busy when I get home hunting down an FFL that will receive all the guns that I am ordering and close to the house.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom