Are "good" sunglasses worth it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    There site (Rudys) was not too user friendly. clicked on more info and it puts the item in shopping cart. Tried entering your discount code and it doubled the quantity.

Get yourself some Rudy's. (www.e-rudy.com) use discount code 2alpha for 30% off.

I am sponsored by them, but I bought three pair before I was sponsored. They have a lifetime warranty and will replace your lenses for free if they get scratched. You have to pay shipping. I tried a buddies once and while I was cleaning the lens I accidentally dropped the lens on the gravel. My heart stopped and I looked over and he was staring at me. He laughed and said, "Don't worry, they aren't scratched" Sure enough, they were still perfect.

One thing to keep in mind when comparing and good pair of glasses with a cheap pair is that the good ones offer UV protection. The cheap ones don't. They only tine the lenses so you don't have to squint. That squinting would normally block the UV but since you aren't squinting (because of the cheap glasses) your eyes are getting the full dose. Get the good ones and keep up with them.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    The absolute best deal on high quality sunglasses is from "Hidalgo Supply", an on-line optical run by LA native & pilot, Jim Hidalgo, in Pineville, LA.

His products include namebrands and "generics". I swear the generics Jim handles are every bit as good as the name-brands, for 1/3 the cost.

If you find the catalog or website too complicated, call Jim and he will simplify for you.

Hidalgo also can do any sort of prescription, but it may take a while.

I have ordered from Hidalgo supply for decades and find it to be a very honest company.

leVieux

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Good Sunglasses are definitely worth the cost.

med_jamie_foxx_artist_photo6.jpg

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Scratched a lens on my Oakley's at work last week, Oakley doesn't have replacement lenses for my frame listed for sale ANYWHERE, usstandardissue.com got me a pair ordered in under 5 minutes, wait time on the phone was zero. Soon as I picked my menu option a gentleman picked up. They get my vote!

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I used to be in the same club would never spend that much on sun glasses. One day I had some extra cash and saw some costas and impulse bought them. They making everything look HD colors pop especially greens. Its amazaing what you can see under water with them. Ive tried oakely and maui jims too but none look HD and pop quite like the costa lenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom