Are You Man Enough To Own This Glock- $530

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Yes Sarcastic, but also curious............
    Obviously I don't know shinola about a 10mm. Never had one, saw one, or even heard people speak of them like this.
    I've seen them. Knew they were there. But to come across a thread that instills fear for the 10 is what caught my attention.
    I guess they are a big deal ?
    and NO, Im certainly NOT gonna pretend that I could handle one either...........
    I do like to kid and joke around as much as possible every day. Life gets too serious too quickly

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You can't even joke about handling one until you have. I've seen that round bring more 6'5 300Ib guys to their knees then a petite blond girl.

Phr0st

Whats a custom user title
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    Yes Sarcastic, but also curious............
    Obviously I don't know shinola about a 10mm. Never had one, saw one, or even heard people speak of them like this.
    I've seen them. Knew they were there. But to come across a thread that instills fear for the 10 is what caught my attention.
    I guess they are a big deal ?
    and NO, Im certainly NOT gonna pretend that I could handle one either...........
    I do like to kid and joke around as much as possible every day. Life gets too serious too quickly

Shooting one (This depends on the gun and load, Not all 10mm are equal) is like masturbating after been handcuffed for a year. Grab with authority, hold it tight, and enjoy the ride or be consumed by its power.

EDIT* I've had the displeasure of shooting a S&W 1006 with Winchester JHP (one of the lowest velocity 10mm rounds I know of) and can say the 10mm is NOT for me. BTW this gun is not polymer so I can only imagine what a poly gun will do. Seems the 10mm are like 1911's in that some hate them, some love them. I will say I never want to be on the receiving end of one.

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Shooting one (This depends on the gun and load, Not all 10mm are equal) is like masturbating after been handcuffed for a year. Grab with authority, hold it tight, and enjoy the ride or be consumed by its power.

Truer words have never been spoken.

harryg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Pierre part, la
    I shoot the rem 180 gr for fun kick like a 40 s&w and shot the 180 jhp they not much worse but for carry I load it with the 77 gr rbcd ammo no recoil at all

twokids

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Oscar, LA.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    How would the recoil compare to a S&W 500 like this one?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57771_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

I shot a friends pistol with these rounds.

http://www.hornady.com/store/500-SW-350-gr-XTP-Mag/

Don't flame me, it is an honest question, I have shot these calibers in 6 to 8 inch revolvers, just trying to compare.

357 magnum
    41 rem magnum
    44 rem magnum
    500 s&w magnum

Recoil won't be as "forceful" but definitely sharper. More or a upward pop then just straight back like the 500.

twokids

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Oscar, LA.
    Recoil won't be as "forceful" but definitely sharper. More or a upward pop then just straight back like the 500.

Ok I get it less push more snap, I guess I would have to wear a wrist support as I have a Bible Bump on my shooting wrist, sharp or heavy recoil tends to aggravate it if I don't wear the support. The support take the snap of the recoil so the wrist doesn't.

Thanks for the reply.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    7lljsqigqb3djtu8r2p4.jpg

10mm is an awesome round. Not my taste, but I enjoy shooting them. They can be loaded anywhere from .40SW power to Holy **** Hot. My buddy is a big 10mm guy and had some Double Tap loads that made me cry AND jizz my pants at the same time every trigger pull.

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I have never heard so much bad information on this website in one thread. Please go out and shoot a Glock 29SF before you let other people tell you it has to much recoil. The recoil is nothing like a .40 (snappy and torquing to one side) It's more of a straight push back. Also the grip is a little wider which displaces the force over a greater surface area. Take it for what it's worth, but I would say I have a little experience having to carry andpracticing with a G29sf at the range for over 2 1/2 years. Again, please shoot one yourself. It's a great round and Glock I think is the best platform for this round. Heck maybe a 1911 doesn't absorb some of the shock. And that may be the problem for some who have tried a buddies or shot 10 rounds through one and claims its horrible and their hands are numb for hours.. Simply not true in my dealings with this round.

Last edited:

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Well,

If someone takes me shooting, Ill buy the ammo.................
    You have me Wanting/Welcoming the Pain :boink:...........Does someone have a "safety word" established !

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well,

If someone takes me shooting, Ill buy the ammo.................
    You have me Wanting/Welcoming the Pain :boink:...........Does someone have a "safety word" established !

You'll know the safe word once you start crying while curled up in the fetal position.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    So now that it is sold, I can be honest.

You all have girl hands.

I think I found the secret to selling guns fast, criticize your potential market and challenge their manliness/womenhood (for you women out there).

Speed if you jizz in your pants shooting a 10mm, what happens when you shoot a 50bmg?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom