Auto insurance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    So Allstate is raping me. Just dropped a vehicle and now I'm paying 1600 for 6 months on one car!

Called progressive and got a quote for 859 for 6 months.

I'm looking for reviews good/bad on Progressive.

Any member sells auto ins that can help me out?

Wyldhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    At my computer
    Might want to try Liberty Mutual also. I swapped all of mine over to them since they quoted me less than progressive did. Helps if you have homeowners and auto with them, you get a better rate.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    We have Progressive. Currently going through an uninsured motorist claim, and I have nothing bad at all to say about them. I was expecting this process to be a huge pain in the ass, but they've been great to work with.

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    I've got State Farm. Been with them for over 10 years and have homeowners and vehicle insurance through them. I've been looking for a new company for auto because their prices are ridiculous and go up never down every 6 months. I've got 300/100/300 coverage I believe. I pay $1680 every six months for a 2010 Altima and 2014 Odyssey. No accidents, no tickets, married and credit score of 820 so no reason for high rates. That's with multiline and all other discounts. They said it can't go any lower.
    I checked with Geico and Progreesive. Both cars through Geico with more coverage $860 every six months. Progressive would be about $1000.
    Once I pay my homeowners in September I want to drop State Farm auto. But I know as soon as I do they'll jack up my homeowners next year for no longer having multiline discount but by how much is what I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've had liberty mutual in the past, and Progressive for the past 9 years or so. Honestly, No complaints on either. Liberty mutual took care of my couple accidents when I was a teenager. Though they raised the rates so high I couldn't afford it anymore (~19 years old with 2 accidents). I swapped to progressive which was pretty much the only company I could afford while I was in college. Paid about 1700 every 6 months for 1 car (it was an acura TL, I Was 20). Here I am at 30, and I'm still happy.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    I have had geico for a while now for cars and with a 2007 Chevy Z71 and a 2011 Toyota Camry I am paying 143/month. I had State Farm for homeowners but after having our premium go up $300+/year for the past two years, I am changing to geico underwritten by Liberty Mutual for ~$1000/year less.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    USAA - If anyone in your family was in the Military.

Ditto for USAA. They are usually the lowest priced plus fantastic service. I've had many insurance salesman try to sell me insurance...until I tell them I'm with USAA. They quickly admit that they won't be able to beat USAA price...and they end the sales pitch.

scottjajr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Oakdale
    Call around and get some quotes from other companies. Then call Allstate back and complain. I dropped mine from 1600 every 6 months to 900 by doing just that with Geico and they beat the best quote I got from Progressive by 200.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Screw you assholes lol. Try being 21 and getting insurance :P My insurance is near my car note...AND I have access to USAA (who can't beat Geico for me).

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I had been with progressive since the 90's until recently. Never a problem, not even during/after Katrina. Decided to price Geico a few months ago, they were HALF of what I was paying. Progressive couldn't match it. Made the switch, happy wallet and good service.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I've been with state farm for 12 years. I will never switch. I have auto, motorcycle, and renters insurance, and because of my loyalty and multi policy discounts, I save a lot. Had to file 2 claims over the yearsand they have more than taken care of me both times. That, for me, is more important than anything else. I don't care if some other company can save me $100 a year. The level of service and care I get is the very best. I pay $1044 a year.

Last edited:

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I've got State Farm. Been with them for over 10 years and have homeowners and vehicle insurance through them. I've been looking for a new company for auto because their prices are ridiculous and go up never down every 6 months. I've got 300/100/300 coverage I believe. I pay $1680 every six months for a 2010 Altima and 2014 Odyssey. No accidents, no tickets, married and credit score of 820 so no reason for high rates. That's with multiline and all other discounts. They said it can't go any lower.
    I checked with Geico and Progreesive. Both cars through Geico with more coverage $860 every six months. Progressive would be about $1000.
    Once I pay my homeowners in September I want to drop State Farm auto. But I know as soon as I do they'll jack up my homeowners next year for no longer having multiline discount but by how much is what I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    I was in the exact situation. Went to drop both vehicles and my homeowners was going to go up $900/yr. So I left one vehicle and moved the other 2 to USAA.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I just switched from State Farm after 10years. Went with Geico. 09 370Z, 12 Escape
    26 Married w/1 at fault accident in the 5k range. (Which Im told comes off next month)
    SF had me at @2508/418month. I'm at 1800/300month with Geico. Guess I'm still getting shafted but its always been high when I have a Z car.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have been with State farm for 50 years with no regrets. USAA has gotten good reviews in the past.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    USAA used to be a good deal - not so much anymore when they opened the floodgates to anyone who had a family member who served......When I first started with them it was exclusive to Military Officers only. Then they opened to enlisted and now to everyone who wants to be with them.
    I can now beat their prices very easily. Liberty Mutual has better prices and just as good service.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Screw you assholes lol. Try being 21 and getting insurance :P My insurance is near my car note...AND I have access to USAA (who can't beat Geico for me).

I Was on my own policy at 19. 1700 every 6 months for my acura TL. Then when I was 22 I had 2 cars, my 2001 Acura TL and my 2007 Infiniti G35. Cost me 2300 every 6 months. So I know ALL about being on my own policy at a young age.

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    I don't have access to USAA. I called progressive and got quote 859/6months from a human. And online quote from Geico for 1200/6 months. I'll call and talk to Liberty Mutual tomorrow.

I think I might call Geico and speak with someone for an accurate quote.

I may just go with Progressive since everything I heard about them so far is positive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom