Ayoob: More on gun/ammo availability in coming months.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chads7

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Picayune
    I wish Wally World in Lafayette carried bulk ammo. No Go here. I'm looking for a 1000 round case right now and I gave up and checked out the forum because every place that I know of is sold out. Well there was one place selling 1000 rounds of XM855 for $400.00. No thanks. The cheapest I found the 55 grain was $311 but they were sold out also.[/QUOTE

Talk to someone in sporting goods to see if you can order bulk. I know a co-worker gets his .223 in bulk from wal-mart.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I don't know if it counts as an inside track but I visited an ATK Facility in the midst of the post Obama the sky is falling run on guns and ammo. The factory had a Mil side cranking out 855 at full capacity. On the Civ side 1/3 of the machines were idled and covered. When a Company like ATK is making record profits and there is a shortage of their product in the market why would they do things differently. Ayoob is a jackal because he lacks original ideas. He takes the ideas of others and re packages them as his own often times ignoring factual basis that contradict his information.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Yes it was in Mo. I don't but the DHS argument. DHS wrote for 450mil because the GAO prohibits them from doing in def quantity contracts like the mil. IOW they have to cap with an amount. They never plan to actually take delivery of that many rounds. ATK may be a bad example anyway because they are making both the 855a1 and SOST Rounds. What's Olin's excuse?

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    Know what the worst part of that big gubmint order is? When the ammo gets x number of years old, they'll destroy it or have a big range day so they get to keep the same budget for next year (plus the automatic budget increases).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom