Back from the dead - any old members still on here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Since I'm relatively new to the forum and see references to things like . what was going on?, maybe I need a BayouShooter history lesson, LOL

After the Sandy Hook school shooting, the site got flooded with $3000 DPMS AR's and $1500 WASR's. The For Sale section became a "Who can screw who the worst, and still get away with it". Unfortunately, people were actually buying at those prices, so the problem just kept getting worse. We began to police the price gougers, in a less than friendly way, and the moderators didn't like that (for some reason). Instead of removing the people who were only here to make a buck, they started banning people who spoke out. Quite a few super knowledgeable guys got banned or left because of these actions.

Between not being able to buy reasonably priced ammunition, and seeing people try to take advantage of a horrible situation - the "fun" of firearms quickly wore off. I honestly haven't been shooting in probably 2-3 years, considering I used to hit the range twice a week, and had just won my first few competitions.

I now feel like my father, who didn't know what the .40S&W cartridge was when I told him about it. Haha. People ask for my opinion on new guns, and I'm clueless. So many new models and manufacturers have come and gone in the past few years that I've become a complete dinosaur.

So, what used to be a super tight-knit community has become more like a smaller ARFcom, if that makes any sense...

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Im diggin all these names on my screen and all the nostalgia. I wasted untold hours reading some hilarious conversations with you folks.

I know its only for this moment but its good to 'see' yall again.

We need a BS reunion day at the range....just sayin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Last time I was around, I remember talking to JimDana1942, LSP, NolaCop, Spanky, and the infamous Nomad.
    Man that brought back memories.

Yeah the forum was different back in those days. Days long arguments between two that had the same point of view. "Violent agreement" as I called it.
    You could call out someone trying to screw someone else in the marketplace.
    Could go on but I won't.

Drifted away for a while as I got tired of the drama. I'm here for the passing of information. What started as a little local forum for south Louisiana shooters has grown national. As such it had to mature a bit. Still check in time to time to see what's going on.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Wonder if old JimDana actually found all that gold in them thar' hills? I don't post much anymore, check in every couple days, mainly just browsing classifieds. Not that I'm anyone important anyways.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    It lost something here when we lost the buffer zone and stopped seeing each other in the real world. There were BS lunches and practices in Baton Rouge, get togethers at gun shows, group training, and even the occasional BS dinner. This used to be a place to make friends and for friends to hang out. That's one of the things that made it different from ARFcom and some of the other national forums. Not so much anymore...

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    It lost something here when we lost the buffer zone and stopped seeing each other in the real world. There were BS lunches and practices in Baton Rouge, get togethers at gun shows, group training, and even the occasional BS dinner. This used to be a place to make friends and for friends to hang out. That's one of the things that made it different from ARFcom and some of the other national forums. Not so much anymore...
    +1

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Didn't they have a dinner meet at Trey Yuen on the Northshore a few years back. Forgot what it was for. But yea, just the term buffer zone is bringing back some memories. I remember spanky used to have another website, forgot if it was louisiana sportnimports or nolastreetracing.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA

Definite +1 on this one.

Sent from an unregisteted mobile device.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I'm still here. I mostly read and watch the classifieds. Every once in a while I will read something worth replying to but mostly just lurk.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Didn't they have a dinner meet at Trey Yuen on the Northshore a few years back. Forgot what it was for. But yea, just the term buffer zone is bringing back some memories. I remember spanky used to have another website, forgot if it was louisiana sportnimports or nolastreetracing.

Spanky definitely had SNI. I actually was a member of the LA4x4/Louisiana Offroad forum, and met him through that first.

I had a blank space and forgot if the Buffer Zone was a range or some sort of other reference. Ran across this thread and smiled to see some old faces.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?18970-the-buffer-zone-range

Speaking of which, is Nomad still around? I remember when he and I finally met at the Birthday Bash (can we mention his name, or is it forbidden?) and he let me test drive a slick S&W Model 17. Another member let me fingerbang a pristine High Standard Victor.

I always referred to everyone on here as "my fake internet family" to the girl I was dating at the time, because I spent so much time on here. Seeing everyone who is still around makes the less-than-pleasant sentiment I've held toward this place a bit more bearable.

Top Bottom