Back from the dead - any old members still on here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    bz023.jpg

bz011.jpg

pic25-1.jpg

056.jpg

tumblr_mofbkz6m9p1qm6r6fo1_500_zpsbbc55e74.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Class of '06 still here!

Nomad moved out to the woods somewhere. I do still keep in touch with several former members. A lot has indeed changed, but it's also a pretty normal cycle for people to leave forums regardless, especially one centered around a specific hobby in a specific location. People just lose interest, change hobbies, move, etc.

I do miss the old get togethers we used to have though. :(

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I was wondering if I was going to see speed racer chime in, I can't help but remember the countless laughs I got out of your raccoon house guest....

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    After the Sandy Hook school shooting, the site got flooded with $3000 DPMS AR's and $1500 WASR's. The For Sale section became a "Who can screw who the worst, and still get away with it". Unfortunately, people were actually buying at those prices, so the problem just kept getting worse. We began to police the price gougers, in a less than friendly way, and the moderators didn't like that (for some reason). Instead of removing the people who were only here to make a buck, they started banning people who spoke out. Quite a few super knowledgeable guys got banned or left because of these actions.

Between not being able to buy reasonably priced ammunition, and seeing people try to take advantage of a horrible situation - the "fun" of firearms quickly wore off. I honestly haven't been shooting in probably 2-3 years, considering I used to hit the range twice a week, and had just won my first few competitions.

I now feel like my father, who didn't know what the .40S&W cartridge was when I told him about it. Haha. People ask for my opinion on new guns, and I'm clueless. So many new models and manufacturers have come and gone in the past few years that I've become a complete dinosaur.

So, what used to be a super tight-knit community has become more like a smaller ARFcom, if that makes any sense...

That is exactly what killed it for me also. The super high prices on things such as AR, AK and just about everything else. The super high prices on .22 ammo and it being hard to find. It just killed the fun of firearms for me also. Went to a gun show in Kenner a few years ago and the guy had a box of .22 550 round count and was selling it for 250.00. I was like damn........the anti gun people have always been screwing us and now our own inside people are screwing us.

I understand the whole supply and demand thing but most of these prices went above and beyond the normal supply and demand.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Class of 09 here. I do miss the two-fisted, knock-down-drag-out days. The range days at Sherberne were a lot of fun. Ahh nostalgia! Anyone remember the 'finger-bang' game?

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Speaking of the past, anyone remember the scam run by Long Gone Days and the melted glock story? What happened to that meth head anyway?

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Speaking of the past, anyone remember the scam run by Long Gone Days and the melted glock story? What happened to that meth head anyway?

Hahah wow I forgot about that.... Didn't he convince everyone his house caught on fire and his gun was destroyed so a bunch of bayoushooter guys chipped in and got him a new one? I vaguely remember that

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    That's the one. BS members kicked in $10 or $20 and raised the money for a new Glock for him, and it turned out he was a methhead with a bogus story, or something similar.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Anyone remember Mjolnir and the nutty stuff he posted ?
    How can we forget?! I still go crosseyed thinking about that crap, and the snarky way he'd present it. It was indeed great comedy though! When asked to provide documentation, links, etc. his standard reply was always, in effect, "I don't HAVE to prove any of this! The truth is out there; go find it yourself. Such mundane tasks are beneath someone so enlightened as I!"
    His blow of the banhammer was one that I cheered!

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I joined in March 2008, see that I'm #816. Usually log in at least once a day since then. Lots of changes, lots of progress, I wouldn't be here if I didn't still enjoy it.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    How can we forget?! I still go crosseyed thinking about that crap, and the snarky way he'd present it. It was indeed great comedy though! When asked to provide documentation, links, etc. his standard reply was always, in effect, "I don't HAVE to prove any of this! The truth is out there; go find it yourself. Such mundane tasks are beneath someone so enlightened as I!"
    His blow of the banhammer was one that I cheered!

LOL...yeah, the black helicopters went to Mjolnir for their orders, didn't they?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hate to say it, but IMHO only, this place got moderated to near extinction. But hey, I am no angel and did push the limits at times, and the site is privately owned!

As the ultimate Freedomist I respect that.

But, I see strikethroughs on some users from the past and I shake my head and say, "Damn! This guy has been here longer than me and I've never read him/her ever say a negative thing on anything; and now he/she is banned? What could they possibly have done?"

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Hate to say it, but IMHO only, this place got moderated to near extinction. But hey, I am no angel and did push the limits at times, and the site is privately owned!

As the ultimate Freedomist I respect that.

But, I see strikethroughs on some users from the past and I shake my head and say, "Damn! This guy has been here longer than me and I've never read him/her ever say a negative thing on anything; and now he/she is banned? What could they possibly have done?"

Exactly ! You would have loved it in the good old days . I couldn't wait to log on and see what was up .

Top Bottom