Ban on employers prohibiting guns in cars.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Do Military bases have provisions for the storage of personnel's privately owned weapons?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Do Military bases have provisions for the storage of personnel's privately owned weapons?

Yes and it depends on whether you are a Civilian or Military as to what applies to you.

Here's Fort Polks;
    JRTC & FP Regulation 190-3
    Privately Owned Weapons

Under Chapter 2 (Registration)
    c. Military and civilian personnel not assigned to Fort Polk may bring firearms onto the Fort Polk Military Reservation for the explicit purpose of hunting or recreational shooting, without prior registration with the PMO, provided the individual can prove that the possession or use of the firearm meets all the following criteria:
    (l) During a designated hunting season, in a designated hunting area, as specified by the Fort Polk Game Management Office.
    (2) A caliber and type specified for the given hunt and area.
    (3) All firearms used are registered under applicable state law.
    (4) Valid time period and facility for recreational shooting.

Since the Range Hours are pretty much in unison with normal work hours for most, anyone who has a firearm in their vehicle can easily say they are on their way to/from the Range.

I've talk this over a few times with PMO Employee's/

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I was allowed to store my guns in the ships armory when I was in the Navy. Just checked them out when I needed them and checked them back in when I boarded the ship.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    ...Since the Range Hours are pretty much in unison with normal work hours for most, anyone who has a firearm in their vehicle can easily say they are on their way to/from the Range...
    So, the Ft. Polk range is open to the public for more than just sanctioned matches?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So, the Ft. Polk range is open to the public for more than just sanctioned matches?

Yes.

Heck we used to go to the Range on the last Wednesday of every month during lunch last year. Pop off some rounds and go back to work.

Range 4 is open 6 days a week to the public/military.

Range 4 has a Bow range, Rifle Range, Pistol range and Clay shooting arena.

$4 a day, they supply cheap paper targets and the Pistol Range has some stand up steel targets too.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    at my work they will allow us to keep guns in our car only if we register it with the hr person. we have to give them caliber, serial number, and amount of ammunition. we are supposed to do this with any gun and ammunition we plan on having in our car at work. i have yet to register anything i just tuck mine away good.

You know, it would be very cool to bring HR a list. Maybe vary it by day. 7 pages single space typed. List weapons by make and caliber. List ammo by the case... just to see the response.

Monday:
    Springfield .45 with night sites, 8 10-round mags- 5 loaded with corbon, 3 full metal jacket. 4 extra boxes of Corbon in the glove compartment.
    Krinkov behind the seat with 10 30-round mags of 7.62 x 39. 3 cases of Yugo FMJ. Single point sling. Trunk.
    Remington 870, 100 rounds mixed slugs and OO buck. Floor of back seat covered with a blanket.

Tuesdays...

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes.

Heck we used to go to the Range on the last Wednesday of every month during lunch last year. Pop off some rounds and go back to work.

Range 4 is open 6 days a week to the public/military.

Range 4 has a Bow range, Rifle Range, Pistol range and Clay shooting arena.

$4 a day, they supply cheap paper targets and the Pistol Range has some stand up steel targets too.

Oh, ye of unlimited good fortune!!

Top Bottom