Basic Introduction to F-Class/600 yard Shooting Clinic November 7, 2010

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Wow folks! The response so far to these clinics is great. Because of that, Lanny has asked that we try to keep the class to about 12 people. This way there will be more one on one time spent with the shooters and coaches. If we get more than 12, we will look to set up another clinic and will post that up. So keep responding!
    Rick

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Not exact, but the load I want to shot was chronoed at 2606 fps,but this wasn't taken from my gun, it was taken from a 16 barreled rifle, mines 20 inch. I am actually nearly out of that load and have a slightly hotter load that I will probably have to use. This load is a 75 gr Hornady Match BTHP using 5.56 brass, 24.0 grs Varget, Rem 7 1/2 primers, OAL 2.260. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Bam Bam

Shoot DanZ an email and ask him what the Highpower guys are shooting at 600. I think Dan uses RL-15, but it and Varget are very close in load weight.
    Also, you are not restricted to mag length as we single fire. My 80 grain load is 2.460" OAL.
    Rick

GB300wm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Brusly, La.
    Count me in, I will love to have the learning experience. I do shoot at 600 yards and have sight settings there. I will have to learn to shoot prone though, it's a killer for my neck.:):)

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I am keeping a list of people. The first 12 firm commitments will be in this class. We are looking at a second date for additional folks.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Shoot DanZ an email and ask him what the Highpower guys are shooting at 600. I think Dan uses RL-15, but it and Varget are very close in load weight.
    Also, you are not restricted to mag length as we single fire. My 80 grain load is 2.460" OAL.
    Rick

24.0 of either Varget or R15 with an 80 will work. You could work up to 24.5 with either.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Class is FULL. But keep responding as we will be looking to set up another clinic soon. If anything changes and a slot opens up for this one, I'll post it.

Confirmed-
    1-4 Golden Dragon +3
    6- Jgreco15
    7- BayouSlide
    8- GB300wm
    9- JBonnette's friend
    10- Barney88pdc
    11- Tactical723
    12- MikePizz

One more of these confirmed folks have volunteered to be bumped for someone on the list below, so we have maximum of 1 slot left for you guys on the list

Possibles-
    BearIT
    Ngarre2
    VeedUp
    BamBam
    Flamatrix99

Volunteer-
    Mickey
    Request Dust Off
    Thanks, guys. :)

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    WOW, I looked at the list and didn't see my name, started scrambling to PM you, then found out I'm in the wrong thread. I'm going to look in the other one and see if a list has made it up:D

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I will try and make it out just to watch/learn a little. Seems the world is trying to keep me from attending sometimes!! I really need to have my trigger done first anyway, but still would have liked to try this. Keep me posted if there is going to be another clinic. Thanks

Bam Bam

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    If some of you folks still decide to come out and watch because the class is full, throw your stuff in the car and bring it with you. You never know if we may have a last minute cancellation or a "no show." It happened last time we did this.

Top Bottom