Bayou Shooter Handgun Classifieds.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    The foolproof recipe for BS handgun classified ads goes something like this:

1. Buy a stock Glock. Pay full MSRP for it.
    2. Install a lot of aftermarket parts in it.
    3. Make irreversible physical alterations to the gun such as undercutting or stippling. Cerakoting the slide is also a good idea. Barrel should be yet another different color.
    4. Don't actually shoot it.
    5. List it on BS for an exorbitant price.
    6. Add $200 labor fee for adding on "upgrades"

Fixed it for you....

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Most of the ones listed now are packages with lots of accessories that people don't want to separate and keep with gun.

What's hard though is that if someone paid 10% tax on everything MSRP, and all the rebates out now like mentioned.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The problem with that thought process is that the folks who it isnt high for likely cant purchase them new... there is no real reason you can dream up to explain selling a pistol for more than one can purchase a new one for other than catering to individuals who cant legally purchase one new in a store with a bavkground check. I'll be waiting for just one GOOD reason.
    I see people attempting to get what they have invested in guns and other items all the time. No reason to accuse someone of a felony…which is kinda what you’re doing.
    You want examples?
    1.Guy buys a Glock at the only place he chooses to shop and pays $650 out the door. Spends another $100-200 on extra mags and a pistol case. Now he’s got $850 invested. He never got around to shooting it so to him it’s still brand new. He decides he will ask $800 for the package. He may even decide that he’ll take the first offer within $100 of his asking price. But he’s not trying to sell to a felon or an out of state buyer or someone he knows can’t legally possess a handgun.
    2. Guy trades off a Saiga-12 already converted and in great shape for that Glock because he feels that’s a better choice for home protection, seeing as it’ll blow the lungs out. A year goes by and he never shoots it, so it’s still new, right? Plus he’s offering the entire kit it came with, plus 50 rounds of high tech self defense ammo. He sets his price at $900 because that’s what he feels that Saiga was worth…
    Shall I go on? Or have you recognized the common theme here? People ask the prices they do for their for sale items based on all sorts of reasons. Many of the reasons make zero sense to potential buyers. Some may never even occur to the buyer.
    So, assuming or even stating that the only reason a person asks above what you feel is fair market value for a firearm is to appeal to someone forbidden from possessing said firearm is likely incorrect and definitely heading down a dark road that you probably don’t want to travel.
    Just sayin’

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I think people also have a hard time realizing that the night sights you put on your Glock 5 years ago or the 5 well used included magazines aren’t typically going to fetch what you paid for them at the time. If you paid $80 for the night sights and $150 for the 5 used magazines why would anyone pay full price for some used goods when they can just buy a brand new gun and buy brand new accessories and probably still make out cheaper with all brand new product.

Personally I’m not buying used unless I’m saving a decent amount of money. I think a fair price for a used Glock would be around $400 to maybe $450 for a gen 5 for 9mm, .40, and 380 and maybe around $450-$500 for .45acp or 10mm only because they are typically priced higher to being with. If I put night sights on it or offer additional magazines I may bump the price by $50 or so but I’m not going to try to charge full price for used product even if all it did was sit in a safe for 5 years.

I’ve also attempted to purchase LNIB guns here that were clearly well used. Unless I know the person personally I always take the round count given with a grain of salt as well as the reason they give me for wanting to sell it. The last thing I want to unknowingly do is buy someone’s problematic gun without being told about the issues before hand.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I see people attempting to get what they have invested in guns and other items all the time. No reason to accuse someone of a felony…which is kinda what you’re doing.
    You want examples?
    1.Guy buys a Glock at the only place he chooses to shop and pays $650 out the door. Spends another $100-200 on extra mags and a pistol case. Now he’s got $850 invested. He never got around to shooting it so to him it’s still brand new. He decides he will ask $800 for the package. He may even decide that he’ll take the first offer within $100 of his asking price. But he’s not trying to sell to a felon or an out of state buyer or someone he knows can’t legally possess a handgun.
    2. Guy trades off a Saiga-12 already converted and in great shape for that Glock because he feels that’s a better choice for home protection, seeing as it’ll blow the lungs out. A year goes by and he never shoots it, so it’s still new, right? Plus he’s offering the entire kit it came with, plus 50 rounds of high tech self defense ammo. He sets his price at $900 because that’s what he feels that Saiga was worth…
    Shall I go on? Or have you recognized the common theme here? People ask the prices they do for their for sale items based on all sorts of reasons. Many of the reasons make zero sense to potential buyers. Some may never even occur to the buyer.
    So, assuming or even stating that the only reason a person asks above what you feel is fair market value for a firearm is to appeal to someone forbidden from possessing said firearm is likely incorrect and definitely heading down a dark road that you probably don’t want to travel.
    Just sayin’
    There is also the person who knows that even non-prohibited persons are sometimes willing to pay extra in order to bypass the system.
    If we keep heading in the same direction regarding gun laws and regulations, that group of people will likely continue to grow.
    I'm not the type of guy that falls into any of these categories, nor am I the type to ask above average price for something. I also am not the type to list a high but negotiable price (I always thought this was silly). None of this means that I should expect others to be the same as I am when it comes to their possessions.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles

3. Make irreversible physical alterations to the gun such as undercutting or stippling. Cerakoting the slide is also a good idea. Barrel should be yet another different color.

Mike
    Yeeeeeees!!! This is exactly right!!! This is why the old farts on here get butt hurt!!! Things that actually make sense! I have done this plenty of times and have always been pleased with my creativity. Nobody wants a plain Jain stock Glock. Well except for the old fuddy duds. I can only speak for myself, but it brings a new dynamic to the so called “hobby” of gun ownership. I would love to be a gun shop owner because I would sell factory guns and built guns. Please both sets of consumers. Some who understand what things cost understand you will pay over msrp. I never thought I would run red dots on pistols, but I got out of my comfort zone and I love them. As for those watching us type everything and hear everything…. I wish I could have had a job at the NSA. At least then I could have read the list we are all in…. Ha!!! By the way I love Bayou Shooter!!!! Best site in Louisiana!!! Have a blessed day gents!!! Pic below is an example of what he means.

Attachments

• F08F3BF0-076B-4005-AE36-531E75C04C9C.jpeg
      F08F3BF0-076B-4005-AE36-531E75C04C9C.jpeg
      768.7 KB · Views: 76

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston

Mike
    CUSTOM demands top dollar Mike! BTW- You forgot the laser cut skate board tape.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    You want examples?
    Just sayin’
    Apparently reading comprehension fails some. You clearly pointed out examples that dont fit the original statment but please go on but you should stop attempting to manipulate my statment to fit your perspective. Someone paying $800 for a pistol and accessories and then listing for $1000 fits my original statement.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    What am I not seeing here... I see one STI and one Staccato and then a bunch of pretty normal-looking stuff.

- two Taurus .380 ACP pocket guns
    - a collection of revolvers
    - a canik pistol
    - a ruger lcr
    - three weird glocks
    - two normal glocks
    - an M&P
    - a "poverty edition" s&w victory
    - two cz's that are too sophisticated for us swamp people

Do y'all have access to some premium classifieds with good stuff that I can't see? Lemme in! Lemme in!

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    What am I not seeing here... I see one STI and one Staccato and then a bunch of mostly shitty garbage rods that nobody wants.

- a collection of rusty old **** revolvers
    - a canik pistol
    - a ruger lcr
    - three weird glocks
    - two normal glocks
    - an M&P

Do y'all have access to some premium classifieds with good stuff that I can't see? Lemme in! Lemme in!
    Yeah. Not seeing what I use too on the classifieds. Young people that like their plastic guns are selling Dad's gun collection to local gun shops is what I am seeing today. Hebert guns has been having a lot this lately. Saw a Marlin model 57 with a steel reciever last week at Heberts. Wanted it bad but there too they wanted too much. $700.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Lever rifles, especially collectables like the Marlin, are going for higher prices these days. Not that many people making lever actions these days and Ruger only managed to get an overpriced 45-70 rifle to the market thus far.

MotorBoy

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Youngsville
    I blame Covid !! seems every body as lost their God dam mine-they need to ask them self one question before posting--would I pay that much-if the answer is yes- proves my point

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    People are hurting financially, real inflation is 20%+ right now, and so they are selling off their extras, collections, and fun guns before they start selling off their essentials. People are asking for premium prices because they are scared of their financial situation, but they also know that there is a LOT of money floating around out there for a significant minority of people right now. Wait until the housing bubble pops, or they get Biden out before the end of this month...haven't seen anything yet. Rural classified are littered with great deals right now, outside of Louisiana, because the rural people are hurting the most/first. Louisiana is plant workers, government, service industry and providers, and a barely considerable skeleton of small farmers surrounded by big ag corporate fat. Our economy is weird.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    What am I not seeing here... I see one STI and one Staccato and then a bunch of mostly shitty garbage rods that nobody wants.

- a collection of rusty old **** revolvers
    - a canik pistol
    - a ruger lcr
    - three weird glocks
    - two normal glocks
    - an M&P

Yeah, It is on Louisiana Sportsman, check it out.

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    Hmmmmmmmmm..........I'm open to all messages from those with nice Glocks, never shot or few rounds down the pipe, with good night sights, holsters, extra mags etc for $400.

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    You should buy a couple dozen at that price.
    It was kinda tongue in cheek post after reading some of the above posts about prices and items for sale. But I would consider it.

George Carlin once said, “have you ever noticed how everyone else's stuff is **** and all your **** is stuff?”

Last edited:

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    To be fair the initial poster makes a point. $750 spent, he also had Hyve crap on the pistol, which he will never recoup that. $750 plus tax, maybe $815 new out the door. He is asking $900.

No reason to freak out. People on here forget about supply and demand, but mostly forget about if they want that new pistol.

A Glock mos that is $500, but really $559 at your LGS, then add the tax and do the same for the red dot. I could see the $900 as being more reasonable. But still trying to get his money back.

(I wouldn’t buy it)

Every new Glock I see is $458 and up plus FFL, shipping, or at the very least taxes. Most in the LGS are about $550 + tax.
    On the other hand a lot of guys feel they should see the “Deal of the year” on here every time they sign on.

The economics will align everything, just like it always does.

Fair price to a willing buyer, as in a win-win = a completed deal.

Top Bottom