Bayoushooter Hunting Lease?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    After doing some research myself and reading up on how many acres per hunter.... I'm really thinking we should maybe find some land that has river access and use as camping/recreation/fishing/small game hunting. I don't see us getting land for use as deer hunting unless we knock it down to a 10 person buy in. Not trying to knock anything here, just seems realistic. Also, I don't see why we couldn't have a small area to pop off some rounds and plink for enjoyment.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I just know growing up if my family would have had something like this I'm sure I wouldn't have grown up doing the things I did. I'm very open about my past as I'm not embarrassed to admit it, hopefully it may help someone realize how stupid it is and not do it themselves. I say everyone speak up and state what options you would want. Considering we can do some of these on smaller parcels of land we may be able to get off cheaper and still have something we can enjoy.

I'm going to leave out shooting range since no matter what we should be able to do this in moderation without DEQ being involved.

I'll start a list of things we could post in a poll as options -
    Fish/small game hunt/camping
    Large game hunting/camping
    Recreation/Camping/Small game hunt

Everyone throw in ideas, and everyone who is interested please don't think I'm trying to step on toes or bash a want.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Yeah, it scares me that after we purchase the land they will come in and doze it all and start drilling. Like gbundersea said sounds like they are selling to fund their own venture on our land.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    "selling to fund their own venture on our land."

It was jmcrawf1 who used that phrase, but the concerns are legit. Timber and mineral rights can be negotiated, and the terms put into a contract. For example, timber rights could be for X years only, and the activities could be limited to a specific area, or extent, etc.

Also, the standard real estate contract states that even if mineral rights are retained, that no surface activity is allowed. Any such activity would have to be agreed upon. Without surface activity, mineral rights automatically revert to the new owner after 10 years.

Parties can agree to anything, including shared timber rights, as long as it's clearly spelled out and agreed upon. Once any negotiated terms are in a signed contract, it's binding.

The sellers may be very negotiable on that 166 acre tract, as it's been for sale close to 2 years!

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    look at it like this....

166 acres will only support so much hunting... as development encroaches, it will support less.

id be willing to buy in one of the 20 NON HUNTING people. you will have to limit hunters from bringing guests.... etc...

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The 166 acres could support 30 hunter just not at the same time. If we scheduled hunts, we'd never have more than, say 6 - 10 hunters in the forest at the same time. If they had pre-assigned areas set by lottery, then it wouldn't be an issue.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Land search link

Click here for search

Use the above link to return search results for land listed in the Greater Baton Rouge MLS with the following criteria:

Minimum 30 acres
    Maximum total price $300K

Results are sorted from highest price down.

Let me know if you want me to find out the inside details on that 166-acre tract.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I see that its access to the river is a small corridor, and from the looks of the land it floods a lot. It's covered with palmettos. They usually grow in "bottomland", don't they? I'm guessing that's why the low price.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom