Bayoushooter Hunting Lease?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    This subject came up in the discussion about the Bayoushooter bowling pin match weekend before last, and I think it's an extraordinary idea. I would be all over this if we could find a piece of land we could lease somewhere in the Baton Rouge to Pearlington area. Is anybody else interested in this? I think it would be a real boon for the casual hunters among us as well as the less affluent members who can't afford a big stake in a smaller hunting club.

If someone has information about available leases I'd like to see it mentioned here, so we can all get in on it.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I would be interested, haven't had private land to hunt on in 15 years and I would really love to harvest a deer!

Hopefully this year.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    My wife/sister in law own 100 acres (~650' wide by ~1.2 miles deep) in Lamar Cnty Al. It about 550 meters inside the Al/Ms border just across from Columbus, Ms. It's a trek, (about 290 miles each way), but the last time there (a few yrs ago) I found tracks bigger than my fist!!! I don't hunt so never really pursued it.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I think Ritten's point is a good one. It's a lot cheaper for us to hunt in Louisiana, so that would be my first choice too.

Bossman302 per your comments in the other thread, I hope you just didn't look well enough, because 23K per year would probably BUY us a nice spread rather than lease it.

So what knuckleheads ignored Melissa's ideas? C'mon! Fess up ;)

Last edited:

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I actually suggested that we get a track half at a central location that could be used for Hunting and Range purposes.

Although the idea of the BZ is cool and all, when I get my NFA stuff I just dont like the idea of bring NFA on Federal property across state lines..

Those with the FA stuff have expressed that opinion also..

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Another way to look at it, the deer will be so used to traffic and shooting that when hunting season comes around it may not bother them to hear a shot and just ignore it, lol. Giving more inexperienced hunters a better shot.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    You talking about that Cabela's trophy land that is cheap as hell?

If we can get about 30 people to all go in and put the land under the BS.com LLC it would make it cheap for all of us. If anyone ever wanted to sell their part, the original buyers can buy them out and so on. We each make royalties off of new members wanting to get in on it. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    You talking about that Cabela's trophy land that is cheap as hell?

If we can get about 30 people to all go in and put the land under the BS.com LLC it would make it cheap for all of us. If anyone ever wanted to sell their part, the original buyers can buy them out and so on. We each make royalties off of new members wanting to get in on it. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

We are definitely on the same page. It would take a little work to get a good 250yd range out there, but it's doable. All we need is a couple of old fema trailers, some chainsaws, and bulldozer and lots of guys.

Then you have to add the insurance and property tax as a land owner.

taxes and insurance wouldn't really be that much.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I know that 40acres of rural land out by Lake Charles was $220yr property tax when the land was bought for $20k. It may still be for sale, it was land-locked and I didn't purchase it, but it's a ways away.

Top Bottom