BayouShooter Improvements and Changelog

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angrycookieman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    I used to comment alot and really visit all of the classified areas. It was a checks & ballances system. If someone listed a Glock for sale for $375.00 and people commented on it "nice gun" or "wish i had the $$$$" i saw it as maybe being a nice deal. During those times, I picked up roughly 10 guns. If someone listed the same glock for $700.00 and no one commented for several hours or asked immediately if it was owned by a star or lined in gold, then i knew it wasnt what it was cracked up to be. Now with no comments allowed in classified or no questions asked, handle it in a PM, I dont bother looking so much. If someone leaves out a round count and 10 people want to know it, it just seems easier to me to ask it pubically so everyone sees it and the answer. If you price something common that is 5 years old for $400.00 above retail then you deserve the comments.....delete your stuff and list on sportsman. I was a premium member for 2 years and didnt renew recently because the community has somewhat left the community. Its no longer guys chatting about a hobby and buying and selling stuff, its every man for himself. If you ask me, there were 300 mods back in the day. You posted stupid and unrealistic crap and you were checked pubically by all. Now, you post stupid and unrealistic stuff and a topic is created about you in the premium section. Whats the difference? Its easier to just comment at the post letting the OP know that we will not allow our community of members to be screwed by paying them 1k for a $500.00 piece. If you hear it once you might not get the point but when the first 10 comments are letting you know that you can get 2 new ones for the price of this guys 5 year old one thats seen better days.......that my friends is moderation! I am a moderator for a different type of national forum with hundreds of members from each state, all free and no premium sections. All we do is ensure its kept clean. Most moderation of keeping everyone honest and in check is handled in the community. Sorry for the rant, jm2c Cross Posted, sorry

Also if a moderator on this site has not logged in for more than a week, replace them. I spend hours on here every day and problems can be taken care of quickly if a magic button pusher is available.

Very well stated, and I agree. With comments removed it's no better than gun broker or any other site. You see people trying to sell overpriced stuff and keeping it for weeks because no one will bite, or worse, selling it to someone who doesn't know any better. I don't check the marketplace nearly as much as I used to.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm actually digging the zombie green not to mention the lighter grey is easier on my night vision (it doesn't make eyes hurt)

I agree with you about the gray, the green is just rough on my eyes. In the smaller text areas, like where it says reply with quote, it is difficult to read on an iPhone. Richard pretty much summed it up.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    yeah, I'd like the other (darker) green and gray back if possible. hey, what's another 30 seconds? ;)
    I never used the dark green so I don't know what it looked like. I added BSDarkGreen to the list of options. How does that work?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The BSdarkgreen is better, but maybe a bit more OD greenish? I'm kinda digging the black and red "blackout" theme though.

OK, I added templates. If you people want any more colors you can go scre....uh...hit the reply button below and let me know. I like BSBlackout...though it is took dark for my tastes for everyday use. I will stick with the default BayouShooter theme.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    As I recall the OD Green was slightly darker than the current BS Green but not as dark as the current BS OD Green and did not have the dark borders like the current BS OD Green.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    OK, I added templates. If you people want any more colors you can go scre....uh...hit the reply button below and let me know. I like BSBlackout...though it is took dark for my tastes for everyday use. I will stick with the default BayouShooter theme.

I do like the blackout. Hit me up in a pm or Skype and I will send you to a link for a forum I did and see if you like those colors at all.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Austin,

The search feature is REALLY bad! I advanced searched for an old thread with my screen name only and it only returned two posts?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom