BayouShooter Improvements and Changelog

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    LOL. No. We don't even have the capability to do so. The only thing admins can do in regards to PMs is view how many PMs someone has in their inbox (to see see if box is maxed out) and we can delete all messages via a button click. That's about it though.

Thanks for your reply.

trapshooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Well heck, I asked a question about the server too busy error and before I was able to get it posted I was bumped by anther server too busy message. I tried about 4 times in succession and once it was finally posted I had double posted. I did ask that the second one be deleted as this was doubled by accident. It seems the result that both post have been removed and my comment and or question was never responded to. Could someone please help with this issue?
    Keep your ammo dry and your weapon warm.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So, I looked, you and the other guy having the sane problem have the same Internet service provider. You should give them a call, something on their end is likely causing this. It is really the only common denominator.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So, I looked, you and the other guy having the sane problem have the same Internet service provider. You should give them a call, something on their end is likely causing this. It is really the only common denominator.

Yupz. I agree with Jack. And trapshooter, I meant to delete your double post but I accidentally deleted both. My bad. Been a long day with my power going out and all, haha!

trapshooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge

Strange because when I log in as a quest I zap around here lightening fast. Not sure about the so called other guy, but I use eatel as my service provider, and was shocked that after I joined just to make post and ask questions it all of the sudden started with the popups about the server issue. If you or anyone could help me I would certainly appreciate it. If I need call eatel I would gladly do so but right now I am not even sure what I was ask them due to it only being an issue when I log into my account here. If someone would help me I would gladly give you my username, email and anything required to help out.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm talking about this guy here.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...too-busy-try-back-later&p=1317259#post1317259

If both of you are having the same issue and both of you have the same service provider, I'd suspect the issue is there. I mean, if you were using the same computer I'd say it was an issue with the computer. It just seems logical that I you guys are having the exact same issues, it would likely be related to something you both have in common.

trapshooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Are you serious? Is that your real deal answer? Do this mean me and the other 2 or 3 guys that are having this same issue are all using the same computer? I am not in a public facility and no one has access to my computer so I assume this would not be a serious response. Is there someone here that has the knowledge to correct this problem. Just as I stated earlier, as before I became a member I could zoom around the site with no issues and never had a problem it was only after starting my membership that I have had this issue. Being in Baton Rouge I am sure there are multiple users that use eatel, man what an orgy same computer same dates also? Ok that was the funny for the day, could you please ask someone to contact me for assistance?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Are you serious? Is that your real deal answer? Do this mean me and the other 2 or 3 guys that are having this same issue are all using the same computer? I am not in a public facility and no one has access to my computer so I assume this would not be a serious response. Is there someone here that has the knowledge to correct this problem. Just as I stated earlier, as before I became a member I could zoom around the site with no issues and never had a problem it was only after starting my membership that I have had this issue. Being in Baton Rouge I am sure there are multiple users that use eatel, man what an orgy same computer same dates also? Ok that was the funny for the day, could you please ask someone to contact me for assistance?

I didn't say you were using the same computer, I said commonality might be the issue and that since you guys have the same provider that is likely the issue. IF you told me you were both posting on the same computer, I would say that it was the computer. I was making an example.

I'll look into both of your accounts more thoroughly tonight and see if I can't figure it out. I just don't understand why you're unwilling to contact your ISP and so defensive about the computer.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well, I found the problem. This user has been previously banned on another account and is the other person having trouble accessing the site. Both accounts are now permanently banned.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Changelog updated.

If your inbox is over 90% full, you will now have a persistent notice at the top of the forum reminding you. If it hits 100% full (where people cannot send you PMs), it will also remind you of that.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    How about the sponsors keep all of their marketplace posts in the Sponsor's Classifieds? FFL holders should have to be sponsors and sponsors have their own classified section...

JR1572

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    The member services thread is up so anyone who has a particular service they would like to offer fellow members can post it in there. That way everyone knows where to look for help with things they can't do.
    Your service can be free, priced how you wish or exchanged for a lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    How about the sponsors keep all of their marketplace posts in the Sponsor's Classifieds? FFL holders should have to be sponsors and sponsors have their own classified section...

JR1572

I think if it is a logged firearm meaning it belongs to their store or company it should be placed in the sponsors classifieds. If it is part of their personal collection then I don't think I would have a problem with them posting it in the regular classifieds.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think if it is a logged firearm meaning it belongs to their store or company it should be placed in the sponsors classifieds. If it is part of their personal collection then I don't think I would have a problem with them posting it in the regular classifieds.

The issue will be addressed shortly. No need to discuss it further :)

Top Bottom